Tennessee BYE

PR lines for conference games:

Florida -2.5

SC -4

Alabama -31

aTm -4.5

UGA -30

AU pk

Not a lot to get excited about from a pure viewing standpoint this week. Several games that will be important for determining the pecking order in both divisions.

Right now this conference is 2 elite teams, and about 8 teams that fall into being fringe top 15 type teams, but definitely inside the top 40 or so. Ole Miss and Vandy will have their moments too. Tenn and Ark are bad.

I am not a believer in LSU just yet, but it may be just one of those seasons where things fall the right way, or maybe I'm just not giving them enough credit. Defense is very good, offense is just average at best. But that may be enough in this conference. Next 4 games are tough, so we'll find out I suppose. I don't think Florida is great, but they have been playing solid defense. I do think their offense will struggle against LSU, and vice versa. Should be low scoring, but wasn't there a game between these 2 a couple of seasons ago that figured to be the same and the score was like 35-30?

UGA reminds me of most of the Alabama teams of the Saban era, which makes sense. Great defense, power run offense and a QB that does just enough. Maybe Fromm is dynamic enough to win games on his own, but I don't know that we'll find that out until they play someone that has an offense that can push their defense. I'm going to handicap UGA games just like I would an Alabama game before Kiffin got there. They're gonna win a lot, but won't cover huge spreads without the assistance of defensive or special teams scores. They can also fool you by winning games comfortably without playing great in all phases, but can capitalize on other team's mistakes really well.

Alabama looks so good right now, especially on offense. I hope it's for real and not just a reflection of our opponents. Really shouldn't be pushed until November. 1H TT over continues to be the bet. I don't see any reason to support Arkansas here. Their defense hasn't been that bad, but they have nothing on offense. You give Alabama a bunch of short fields after 3 and out, it won't end well

Is UK for real? They've answered every call so far this season. Solid run game and defense, will win you a lot of games. aTm was uninspiring against Ark, could be hangover from Alabama game, or just an off game from Mond. I want to back UK here, not sure if I will follow through though

AU/MSU has lost a lot of luster of the last 2 weeks. Both offenses look terrible. Defenses are good to great, so I expect an ugly game. Coin flip game to me.

I may not be high enough on Mizzou, but I like SC pretty comfortably here

LSU’s musical chairs at OL continues as C Lloyd Cushenberry joins the MASH unit. Looked like he dinged an ankle in the second half last week and was replaced by undersized true freshman Cole Smith. Orgeron described him as “very questionable” at his press conference today and would update his status again later in the week, but he was at practice today. If he can’t go there is currently no backup to Smith as starting LG Garrett Brumfield was the emergency center, but he went down with a knee two weeks ago and is still out. Starting LT Saahdiq Charles was also back at practice and is questionable. He has missed the last couple weeks but against Ole Miss starting RT Adrian Magee returned (previously out since the opener) and played the left side.

It may change by the end of the week, but this will likely be the 6th starting combination in as many games.

UGA reminds me of most of the Alabama teams of the Saban era, which makes sense. Great defense, power run offense and a QB that does just enough. Maybe Fromm is dynamic enough to win games on his own, but I don't know that we'll find that out until they play someone that has an offense that can push their defense. I'm going to handicap UGA games just like I would an Alabama game before Kiffin got there. They're gonna win a lot, but won't cover huge spreads without the assistance of defensive or special teams scores. They can also fool you by winning games comfortably without playing great in all phases, but can capitalize on other team's mistakes really well.

Great comparison

I do think their offense will struggle against LSU, and vice versa. Should be low scoring, but wasn't there a game between these 2 a couple of seasons ago that figured to be the same and the score was like 35-30?
35-28 in 2015

I remember some weird stuff happening in that one so I had to go back to the box score for a refresher. It included:
• LSU muffed punt inside its own 20 to set up a Florida touchdown.
• The teams trading touchdowns on the last three possessions of the first half (with less than 4 minutes remaining), with each being aided by a 50+ yard pass.
• Punt return touchdown by Florida.
• Fake FG touchdown by LSU.

Orgeron just mentioned in a radio interview that Cushenberry should be good to go. Apparently there was a miraculous recovery between lunch yesterday and this morning.

It's hard to imagine State getting off the mat this week, but I dont trust Auburn to score. Maybe we are in store for another 3-2 epic from these two.

I was Scary until hearing about Bentley.
Anybody know if he is OUT or Questionable/doubtful. ?

Back