Week 6 openers:

Arkansas -1 @ SCAR
UGA -16 @ Vanderbilt
LSU +5 @ Florida
Mizzou +14.5 @ Kentucky
Ole Miss +21 @ Auburn
Alabama -25.5 @ aTm

BYE: Miss St and Tennessee

Auburn seems to be shaping into form just a little bit? Or is it the competition?

I think it may be a little bit of both. Missouri is awful, and Miss St isn't much better, but I think it allowed AU to kind of get comfortable with their offense. The defense was already really good. The last two games were basically tune-ups. Ole Miss has some interesting players on defense that can make Stidham uncomfortable, but it may not matter if they let AU run for 300 yards. And there's no telling their mindset after what happened in Tuscaloosa. I think AU will struggle against UGA and Alabama's defense, but that can be said for most teams. AU also has an interesting stretch of 3 straight road games, with a bye in there, against Ark, aTm and LSU. They could very well be 10-1 hosting Alabama in November. They are pretty thin in a lot of spots, so they can't afford an injury, but again, that's true of most teams

Do you keep a log of how teams fair the week after Bama?

No. It used to be that team were beat to hell against us and then would take a couple of weeks to heal, but I don't think we're quite as punishing as we used to be. I would think that Shea Patterson had a few new bruises on Sunday morning, but with the way the game went, I doubt they expended a lot of energy in the second half

More on AU, they have had this script before, and it was their 2 good teams in the last 8 years. In 2010, they really struggled in the first half of the season until they figured out to just let Cam do what he wanted and win them the game. But they had an average defense that year, so teams were able to stick around. In 2013, they lost convincingly to LSU, but hit their stride against inferior opponents and ended up winning the SEC, though they were the recipient of two of the luckiest plays in college football history.

Both those teams had true dual threat QBs though, and I haven't seen anything to tell me that Stidham is a run threat. Gus' offense will always torch defenses that are too aggressive and have poor eye discipline, which was why they were effective last week. I think they are a legit top 10-15 team, but I don't think they are as complete or as good as a number of teams in the top 10. But they appear to have a 2 game season remaining, so wouldn't surprise me if they end up in the top 5

Shocked at Florida -3.....thought we'd see 7. Are we sure LSU is better than Vandy? I heard Coach Waterboy called the plays in the first half last week against Troy??

Info likely known by those who frequent here...updates on DaShawn Hand and Trevon Diggs injuries:

Alabama football: Nick Saban updates injury status of Da’Shawn Hand, Trevon Diggs

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football coach Nick Saban provided an injury update on defensive end Da’Shawn Hand and cornerback Trevon Diggs on Monday.

Saban said Hand has an MCL injury that will sideline him for this game, and maybe more.

Saban said Diggs has a foot injury. Diggs is day-to-day, and questionable for the Texas A&M game on Saturday.

Both Hand and Diggs left Alabama’s 66-3 win against Ole Miss Saturday with injuries.

Saban said Hand likely has an left MCL strain and will be evaluated on Sunday. Saban said Diggs has a right foot injury that will also be evaluated on Sunday.

Hand was knocked out midway through the third quarter. He had to be helped from the field by the training staff and was not able to put any weight on his left leg. Hand was taken into Alabama’s medical tent. Hand had 3 tackles, including 1 sack, before he left the game.

Diggs left the game late in the second quarter and did not return. He was spotted on the sideline in street clothes early in the third quarter. Diggs was on crutches with a boot on his right foot.

Diggs had some nice punt returns against Ole Miss but also fumbled his final return.

Diggs opened the season as one of Alabama’s starting cornerbacks but was replaced by former walk-on Levi Wallace. Wallace has played well all season. He intercepted 2 passes on the night, returning one for a touchdown.

Freshman Henry Ruggs III stepped in as Alabama’s punt returner with Diggs out.

Alabama travels to College Station, Texas, to face Texas A&M next Saturday.

Ha ha. At least my 6-year-old actually has some good ideas once in a while. He's pretty sharp when it comes to troubleshootiing the pool equipment.

Trying to figure out why Arkansas is favored on the road? Any ideas?

If Les Miles had not been fired, and hired Matt Canada, are they 5-0 right now? Guess you could make the argument that Les would never let an innovative OC do his thing, but I bet they don't get pushed around by Troy

I still can't believe they lost that game at home to A and M with the lead they had and the help they got from the ref while up 21-10...

Part of me wants to just slam Bama -26.5. ATM QB looked a lot better than he is against Gamecocks defense. Won't fair so well against Bama I am sure.

I ended up playing these SEC games:

SCAR +2.5
Florida -2.5 ( feels like a trap, but whatever)
AU -22
Vandy +17.5
UK -10
AU TT OV 39
Alabama TT OV 41

Back