gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Week 6 games:

LSU vs Utah St

AU @ Florida

Mizzou vs Troy

UGA @ Tennessee

Vandy @ Ole Miss

If the total is in triple digits or there is news that one or both are going to play at a much slower pace than what they have so far.

I saw 70.5 on Vegas Insider. I guess maybe the 11 am kickoff could be a reason for a slower start?

I thought that may be the case at Vandy, but it only took them a total of 15 plays on their first four drives to score 4 TDs.

Terrace Marshall is out which isn’t ideal, and I would be interested to hear if Jefferson is going to play. They could absorb one but maybe not both without a noticeable impact?

And maybe Aranda used the bye week to tinker with some different personnel packages with the injury issues on defense?

That’s all I can come up with. Weather shouldn’t be an issue, cool front moving through with rain chance isn’t supposed to be here until Sunday/Monday. While it isn’t as miserable as it was 3-4 weeks ago, it’s still going to be 90+ in the middle of the day and the defenses should wear down.

Corral is almost certainly playing this week but I assume that Plumlee, QB that played against Bama, will get some snaps.

Sounds weird to say it after they lost by 30, but I think Ole Miss turned a corner against Bama. The light bulb seems to have come on for some talented freshmen. They all still have some growing up to do, but after Cal and Bama they get some serious class relief with Vandy. It’s a huge game for Matt Luke. If he loses this one then it’s over for him. He’s probably a dead man walking anyway, but a loss to Vandy accelerates his demise.

Last edited:
anyone else looking at utah state +28 ? thats what the vandy final point differential was and I think utah state is better. talk this qb is first rounder. LSU hasn't shown anything on defense yet against the pass imo.

anyone else looking at utah state +28 ? thats what the vandy final point differential was and I think utah state is better. talk this qb is first rounder. LSU hasn't shown anything on defense yet against the pass imo.

I've had this game circled since I first saw the schedule, but at this point I'm more interested in the total, but heavy lean to Utah St

I've had this game circled since I first saw the schedule, but at this point I'm more interested in the total, but heavy lean to Utah St

I'm on the Under in Baton Rouge. LSU off a bye and scored a million points before that and have some truly massive games ahead...I think they come out a little rusty and extremely vanilla. And the LSU defense needs a feel good game. Utah St only put up 23 vs San Diego St and play a better defense here. Utah St also had an entire new OL and WR coming into the year and whether or not Chaisson and Lawrence play, the LSU DL and secondary have clear advantages.

I'm on the Under in Baton Rouge. LSU off a bye and scored a million points before that and have some truly massive games ahead...I think they come out a little rusty and extremely vanilla. And the LSU defense needs a feel good game. Utah St only put up 23 vs San Diego St and play a better defense here. Utah St also had an entire new OL and WR coming into the year and whether or not Chaisson and Lawrence play, the LSU DL and secondary have clear advantages.

You may be right, but I'm done thinking this LSU offense is going to slow down until I actually see it

LSU does play Florida next week, so I guess there is a lookahead component that may factor in. Speaking of which, how in the world did CBS choose Alabama @ aTm next week instead of UF @ LSU? Is there a rule you can't be on CBS 2 weeks in a row?

Can’t lie, gun to head......

I need to know more. How formidable can the offense be vs LSU day they sit a good bunch like MOT said......Marshall is a beast and if Jefferson sits they just triple Chase.....lotta athletes in BR. Wonder if we see the punt returning fresh get snaps at WR

LSU does play Florida next week, so I guess there is a lookahead component that may factor in. Speaking of which, how in the world did CBS choose Alabama @ aTm next week instead of UF @ LSU? Is there a rule you can't be on CBS 2 weeks in a row?
We need our nights. You know the answer

I am considering Utah State.

Regarding Vanderbilt losing by 28 to LSU...Vandy's O only registered 24 pts (Dores D ret'd fumble and INT for TD).

i'm guessing it would still be -17 to -21 which is where the utah state line came out with. I think LSU also got a punt block td or something vs vandy - the scary part is ole miss is actually a decent team seemingly played cal tough and was an absurd +36 and didn't cover (edit -did cover but almost didn't). Utah state is going to have to continue to score. I trust the braintrust on LSU defense but I think I am going to have to pay to see them stop someone.

You get the early kick.....at night indefinitely think it’s not as worth it but line would reflect a touch I would think.

Curious to see how they play this week....won’t be full strength but I expect Utah St to play loose

Good spot for Mizzou. Coming off a bye no look aheads. They are extremely healthy right now. Jeffcoat comes back which will really help pass rush.

You are a Mizzou fan, right? If I remember correctly...
Yes. The only thing that makes me think Mizzou doesn’t cover is a backdoor. The foot will be off the gas after 3q. It’s really hard to tell if Mizzou is any good with their terrible schedule but this team is so injury free right now I expect a peak effort.

Really liking AU, but many I respect see it the other way.

LSU, Mizzou & UGA 1H TTs will probably make my card.

Will be looking for USU 2H play. Maybe full game TT too.

Like OM to cover and the over in that game.

Yes. The only thing that makes me think Mizzou doesn’t cover is a backdoor. The foot will be off the gas after 3q. It’s really hard to tell if Mizzou is any good with their terrible schedule but this team is so injury free right now I expect a peak effort.
Cool man, thx for the response. That helps me a lot in how I may approach this game.

Really liking AU, but many I respect see it the other way.

LSU, Mizzou & UGA 1H TTs will probably make my card.

Will be looking for USU 2H play. Maybe full game TT too.

Like OM to cover and the over in that game.
AU is my horse in the West so will obviously be rooting for them... now...no way I bet that spread.... value might be the other way. Good game to really see what they made of. They have 5th best sos right now but another road sec win would be huge.

AU is my horse in the West so will obviously be rooting for them... now...no way I bet that spread.... value might be the other way. Good game to really see what they made of. They have 5th best sos right now but another road sec win would be huge.
I took it at 2.5 on Tuesday. So, already invested.

Read an article on HOTY award from espn.
It’s not an official award by NCAA, an award for the best Holder, dude that places ball on ground for kickers.

Tau is aiming to win the award this year.

Haven’t watch any Alabama games, anyone notice if Tua is holder when backup QB scores td?

Missed field goals and PAT is not always on the kickers.....could be the holders fault too.....

Read an article on HOTY award from espn.
It’s not an official award by NCAA, an award for the best Holder, dude that places ball on ground for kickers.

Tau is aiming to win the award this year.

Haven’t watch any Alabama games, anyone notice if Tua is holder when backup QB scores td?

Missed field goals and PAT is not always on the kickers.....could be the holders fault too.....
Better be ready for the speech after.

OU and UCF holders have won it the last 2 years. This will be the 5th recipient this year. Gl Tua.

I don't think a permanent rival "pod" solves anything. Rivalries suck when one team dominates over and over and over (think Alabama-Tennessee) and the fact that Alabama plays Tennessee every year and that the Vols suck is actually a nice benefit for Bama vs some other teams who play more challenging rivals.

The #1 issue, the biggest problem is one that they created themselves - it is the size of the conferences themselves. That is the problem. Period. You have a managable sized conference, you play everyone in your conference, end of story. No problem with missing rivals or having a division or league decided by who a team missed or didn't play rather than who they actually did play.

Conference expansion is what created the problem. Any solutions offered now ignores that reality and leaves all it's flaws intact. But since it is really just about money the conferences can make, they don't really care about having teams like Auburn and Florida play all the time - that is a necessary and not very important side effect of raking in all that money all these leagues thirst for. Greed.

I don't think a permanent rival "pod" solves anything. Rivalries suck when one team dominates over and over and over (think Alabama-Tennessee) and the fact that Alabama plays Tennessee every year and that the Vols suck is actually a nice benefit for Bama vs some other teams who play more challenging rivals.

The #1 issue, the biggest problem is one that they created themselves - it is the size of the conferences themselves. That is the problem. Period. You have a managable sized conference, you play everyone in your conference, end of story. No problem with missing rivals or having a division or league decided by who a team missed or didn't play rather than who they actually did play.

Conference expansion is what created the problem. Any solutions offered now ignores that reality and leaves all it's flaws intact. But since it is really just about money the conferences can make, they don't really care about having teams like Auburn and Florida play all the time - that is a necessary and not very important side effect of raking in all that money all these leagues thirst for. Greed.
The old six-game SEC and ACC schedules were so much fun. In fact, a couple years in the 1970’s Clemson and Virginia decided not to play each other, leaving them both with a five-game schedule.

Gators still haven’t used up their preseason overrating, nor have the ratings caught up to Auburn. I think line should be at least seven, and game likely won’t even be that close. Call it 24-10.
Nice ..

Back