aTm -9.5 vs SCAR
LSU -21 vs Troy
Florida -7.5 vs Vanderbilt
UGA -7.5 @ Tennessee
Auburn -10 vs Miss St
Alabama -28.5 vs Ole Miss
Arkansas -17 vs New Mexico St
Kentucky vs E Michigan

Spent the weekend back where I grew up with buddies from high school and acted like I was 21 again. Didn't work out well for me. Only game I really saw was the Alabama game. The night games were on at the party I went to, but it mostly an AU crowd so that is what was on most of the time. Saw bits and pieces of the other games. Spent yesterday travelling and hating myself and didn't really read anything about the games. Will try to catch up today.

Alabama played a near perfect game. I know it was against Vandy, but it came at a time when the national media was turning their attention to other programs and there were legitimate thoughts that Vandy had a chance here. Alabama responded. I think a lot of it was getting some players back on defense. Giving up those late TDs against Col St last week provided the proper motivation and focus too. The OL is starting to come together. The other WRs are starting to gain the confidence of the coaches and QBs. I thought all 5 RBs ran well on Saturday. This is a good, potentially great team.

4 TDs seems awfully high to be giving a team that has beaten Alabama twice and almost a 3rd time in the last 3 years. Ole Miss' offense has had the QB and WR that pose problems for Alabama, and have had a willingness to throw it downfield and let their players try to win the 1 on 1 battles. I haven't watched much of OM this season, so I don't know what all they have, but no way I could feel comfortable taking Alabama -28

My other first glance leans are Troy, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, and Miss St. No opinion on the others yet.

Jim McElwain says today that Luke Del Rio will start against Vanderbilt

Back