SEC Week 5 Discussion

Posted in others but at first glance:

Florida catching 3 and some ML has my interest. Kentucky beat em last year, just gotta make sure Sunbelt Billy has em ready.

Hogs getting 7 at home and maybe a ML shot too. QB is a gamer. Might be a letdown after a gut punch loss to LSU though too.

How does UGA not mash Auburn? Hugh Freeze has be bashing his balls watching these QBs play.

Last 3 gotta look more

Mizzou/Vandy? Your guess is as good as mine.

My PR lines:

UK -3
aTm -4.5
UGA -18
Mizzou -6.5
LSU -5.5
Tenn -8.5
Alabama -14

Last edited:
Based on the last few seasons, I don't see how anyone could feel comfortable putting money on Alabama as a road favorite. Of course, the only blowout on the road since the start of the '21 season was at Miss St, but for whatever reason, Saban's defense has always been dominant against the Leach offense, which is no longer there of course. I'll have to look into it more, but I think dog and under right off the jump

Posted in others but at first glance:

Florida catching 3 and some ML has my interest. Kentucky beat em last year, just gotta make sure Sunbelt Billy has em ready.

Hogs getting 7 at home and maybe a ML shot too. QB is a gamer. Might be a letdown after a gut punch loss to LSU though too.

How does UGA not mash Auburn? Hugh Freeze has be bashing his balls watching these QBs play.

Last 3 gotta look more

Mizzou/Vandy? Your guess is as good as mine.
I agree on UF

Mostly agree on Ark too. Forgot it was at Jerry World, so I adjusted my PR line. Hangover from last week is my biggest concern, but they seem to always play this one close. And I don't want to give A&M too much credit for beating an inept AU team

Before last Saturday, I was prepared to bet AU in this one, but not rushing into it now. UGA didn't cover the 1H line again last week, so I may dabble there. AU can be a tough place to play, would rather this be a night game in that respect though. At this point, a bet on AU is a bet on the voodoo that happens on that field. It may happen, but the talent gap is so overwhelming that UGA should be able to weather any storm

I was hoping for more points for Ole Miss. I could see an upset here, but I could also see an easy LSU win. Will have to think about it some

I like SC at the current number. Would love to see it get closer to 2 TDs. Can't discount what happened last year, especially the injury to Hooker, so I know the Vols have had this one circled

No clue on Vandy/Mizzou. Couldn't bet enough to make me want to watch it

There’s no way I could back Ole Miss at anything less than a TD. Kiffin has put so much in to the Bama game every year and there’s been a noticeable drop off after the losses every year. Hangover aside, I’m surprised at how bad the Ole Miss offense is right now. Injuries explain some of that, but the OL is awful and this is the least creative Kiffin offense I’ve ever seen.

There’s no way I could back Ole Miss at anything less than a TD. Kiffin has put so much in to the Bama game every year and there’s been a noticeable drop off after the losses every year. Hangover aside, I’m surprised at how bad the Ole Miss offense is right now. Injuries explain some of that, but the OL is awful and this is the least creative Kiffin offense I’ve ever seen.
Starting to lean Tigers because I kinda agree with you

I have no clue far as who covering the mizzou/vsndy game, no way I’m layikg 2 scores w mizzou even tho they capable. Only thing I can confidently say bout this game is if you like props I don’t much care where they line Luther Burden rec yards! There a long list of wrs who have went off for 100+ on Vsndy d this year and none of them as talented as Burden who was a 5 star who has now come into his own in year 2! Even the weeks early on where I had no clue what mizzou was doing on offense Burden was still getting his, the last 2 weeks they have opened up the passing game and he putting up monster totals! I don’t think there many ncaa corners who can deal with him and I know candy secondary doesn’t have any of them!

This might be the week to look at Alabama passing/receiving props. Miss St last 3 weeks gave up:

Zona:
De Laura 32/46 342 2 TDs 4 INT
McMillan 8 for 161 1 TD

LSU:
Daniels 30/34 361 2 TDs no INT
Nabers 13 for 289 2 TDs

SC:
Rattler 18/20 288 3 TDs no INT
Legette 5 for 189 2 TDs

Appears that not only does Messy give up easy completions, they give them up in chunks too. Though your guess is as good as mine when it comes to which Alabama WR has a chance to be the #1 guy in this game. Probably Burton. Though Isaiah Bond could get there too. Longshot would be freshman Jalen Hale. He had a big TD catch last week and seems to be getting more and more PT, hopefully turning into that #1 WR we've been missing the last 2 seasons

Does anyone have a feel on UF/KY? I feel confident that Stoops will trot out a good D plan, but Leary has been a walking TO against crap competition. Feels like a straight under..but 24-21 or greater is an under killer. A pk-6, ot 2, is possible in this game. UF passing game is lackluster, but it feels like that is how you have to attack KY.

the qb whisperer

2015 - Allen
2016 - Knight
2017 - Starkel
2021 - King
2022 - Johnson
2023 - Weigman

Ag qb's w/season ending injuries

I’m leaning Under. LSU 33 Rebs 27 maybe.

Edited to add: I’m waiting to hear more about injuries.
They had these stats on Bet the Board podcast:

LSU holds longest current OVER streak of FBS teams with 8.
Ole Miss has gone UNDER 7 straight games agst AP ranked opponents, avg closing total line is shade less than 61 - avg score ends a shade less than 45.

They had these stats on Bet the Board podcast:

LSU holds longest current OVER streak of FBS teams with 8.
Ole Miss has gone UNDER 7 straight games agst AP ranked opponents, avg closing total line is shade less than 61 - avg score ends a shade less than 45.
Last week, Kiffin deliberately slowed the pace down citing injuries. I worry that if some of the skill guys play and are effective, Kiffin could push the pace again. I think LSU might be a willing dance partner in an up tempo game featuring chunk plays. I will likely stay away unless I get some last minute info.

You seem to have a good feel for the pulse of the team. I just cannot understand why the OL has regressed so much? And is Judkins playing hurt? I know Kiffin is loved in Oxford but I am pretty underwhelmed with the job he’s done as an in game coach especially the lifeless performances in 2nd halves. I just get sick of all of the social media nonsense with him and his dog that fetches the kicking tee. Just coach and win some games. IMHO Freeze was as good or better than him.

You seem to have a good feel for the pulse of the team. I just cannot understand why the OL has regressed so much? And is Judkins playing hurt? I know Kiffin is loved in Oxford but I am pretty underwhelmed with the job he’s done as an in game coach especially the lifeless performances in 2nd halves. I just get sick of all of the social media nonsense with him and his dog that fetches the kicking tee. Just coach and win some games. IMHO Freeze was as good or better than him.
Has Kiffin beaten ANYBODY he wasn’t supposed to beat since he came to Oxford?

I’ve heard that the new OL coach changed from a zone to a gap scheme, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate. I don’t think the play calling is doing them any favors, but you’re right. They’ve regressed. Kiffin took a lot of heat after Bama. It’s one thing to lose 38-35 or something on the road at Bama, but our offensive savant of a head coach put up 10 points. There are rumors that he’s taking over for Weis this week. That combined with the uncertainty about injuries will probably keep me away.

Back