SEC Week 4 Discussion

Who do you predict starts at qb?
Great question. I feel pretty confident in who it is not going to be lol. I think once they decided to sit Milroe, they recognized that it might be for the whole season, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's Ty Simpson moving forward. It was who the staff expected all offseason, so maybe they are confident enough to go with Simpson because the upside is higher. If it's just about winning the next game, I don't see how it's not Milroe. Hopefully we will get some clarity as the week progresses

Gamecocks did better on the lines than I anticipated. Rattler being our leading rusher for the game at 35 is definitely a problem. Gives me some hope for the season though seeing them hang with UGA like that and leading going into the half.

Great question. I feel pretty confident in who it is not going to be lol. I think once they decided to sit Milroe, they recognized that it might be for the whole season, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's Ty Simpson moving forward. It was who the staff expected all offseason, so maybe they are confident enough to go with Simpson because the upside is higher. If it's just about winning the next game, I don't see how it's not Milroe. Hopefully we will get some clarity as the week progresses

Interesting listen to Saban's post-game comments and Brown, Dunaway and Taylor this AM. Pretty obvious that Milroe did not take his demotion well last week and Saban was going to win without him, at all cost, in Tampa.

Given Saban's stubbornness can you see him still playing Simpson if Milroe's does (continues to?) have an attitude that Saban isn't thrilled with?

Last edited:
Well, my theory is they didn't play for the QBs last week. I think Milroe is their fav...If so, how can you respect Saban by laying down on a decision he allowed to happen.
I don't think this is exactly true. Would be insane for any player that has dreams of playing in the NFL to half-ass it and get it on film. However, I could buy that they had little faith in the guy who was starting, or they believed that USF was so bad that they were playing backups, and as a result, subconsciously didn't play with max effort. Because they clearly did not play with max effort

That could be too. Or this O line was overrated since day 1.
It certainly appears that they were overrated. Wonder how so many people were fooled? Proctor at LT has been plain bad. Booker was out last week, which explains some of the issues in Tampa, but LT has been a problem, as has the snaps from the center. Ground balls vs Texas and line drives against USF. Had to get in the rhythm of the play if the snaps are that off

Interesting listen to Saban's post-game comments and Brown, Dunaway and Taylor this AM. Pretty obvious that Milroe did not take his demotion well last week and Saban was going to win without him, at all cost, in Tampa.

Given Saban's stubbornness can you see him still playing Simpson if Milroe's does (continues to?) have an attitude that Saban isn't thrilled with?
I've heard that Milroe's dad is a bit of a problem parent. Probably filling his son's head with a bunch of thoughts. But sounds like by the time the game rolled around, Milroe was handling it well and being a good teammate

As well as Saban handled the Hurts-Tua situation, it appears he did the opposite this year.

I've heard that Milroe's dad is a bit of a problem parent. Probably filling his son's head with a bunch of thoughts. But sounds like by the time the game rolled around, Milroe was handling it well and being a good teammate

As well as Saban handled the Hurts-Tua situation, it appears he did the opposite this year.

Milroe did seem engaged in the game - encouraging teammates, etc.

Bama at -7 feels short. I don’t know why Bama can’t get just run student body left and student body right and pick up 5 yards whenever they need it. If Ole Miss gets some pieces healthy at WR and TE it shouldn’t be a blowout, but I have no confidence in Ole Miss limiting Bama’s ground game enough to pull it off.

Bama at -7 feels short. I don’t know why Bama can’t get just run student body left and student body right and pick up 5 yards whenever they need it. If Ole Miss gets some pieces healthy at WR and TE it shouldn’t be a blowout, but I have no confidence in Ole Miss limiting Bama’s ground game enough to pull it off.
Somehow I feel Bama secondary is not as strong. Even last few years……guess this is the year where we fade Alabama…….

Weren't they unable to do that vs usf?

Somehow I feel Bama secondary is not as strong. Even last few years……guess this is the year where we fade Alabama…….
Secondary is very good this year, but we do have a true freshman at FS, so he's still prone to freshman mistakes. Malachi Moore has been one of the few bright spots of the season so far. The LBs have also been pretty good this year. The biggest issue with the defense has been the lack of QB pressure in the Texas game. Some of that is Texas' OL, and we apparently didn't feel comfortable bringing extra players on pressure due to some injuries in the secondary, namely Kool-Aid McKinstry dealing with an ankle injury.

Probably still the year to fade Alabama, but I don't think it's going to be because of the secondary, or defense in general. I'm more concerned with the offense not generating enough time of possession to keep our defense from getting worn out.

Hearing some things that don't bode well for Tommy Rees. As in, if Saturday doesn't go well, he may no longer be employed

Ole Miss with back to back misleading scores - Horton played decently but if Pratt had played I think Tulane possibly wins that one, and Ga Tech shot themselves in the foot one too many times after long drives - and then the 4th quarter onside kick nightmare ultimately led to the busting of the Ga Tech early side numbers. King is a totally different player with Ga Tech than he was as an Ag after lowering his release point to get the ball out quicker. Jumped on TD with Ramblin' early on at Wake. Tre Harris (who left Tulane game early) and the stud Memphis xfer TE Prieskorn practiced Monday; Judkins ran for 37 Saturday despite being listed as doubtful coming in. With the reinforcements back and Dart looking as good as he ever has running the RPO, it's hard to see Ole Miss not being live on the ML here. I kind of think we'll see a similar game to last year - 30-24 somebody. Didn't want to see Milroe though that's for sure as an Ole Miss backer, and Rebs need some help on the edge. Looking forward more to this one more than the other big three games.

I said this in the dog thread but I just don’t buy ol miss offense having success, they havnt been able to get Judkins off agsinst tulane or Gtech, I can’t imagine he going off vs bama!!! I don’t think bama has to sell out like tech did which gave dart room to run all over. Think we so concerned w bama well documented issues we not looking close enough at the Rebs. I just don’t think they gonna run all over bama and I don’t trust Dart to beat them with his arm. Bama might not be the same bama but to go against them I need a team that has a strong armed qb and wrs who can win on the outside, that isn’t really ol miss offense I have seen, I don’t think they a tough matchup for bama that texas was or lsu will be, or maybe even vols for that matter, although I dunno if they have the wr’s and trusting Milton been kinda the opposite my game plan thus far! Anyways point being is Dart that guy or is this the right offense?? I really don’t think so. For me it bama or maybe under cause Rebs offense just doesn’t strike me as giving them issues.,

It was a very bad spot for lsu last year but Arkansas d was a huge problem for jaylen Daniels, that was a early start at Arkansas on the heels the bama upset so I know the spot mattered but 17.5 still feels like a lot. Jefferson wasn’t able to play in last years 13-10 loss. Just giving up 38 to byu a little concerning but looking at box score it not like byu put up the kind of yards you would expect to see from a team scoring 38. I dunno, has there been massive changes to ark d since last year, scheme or players? I was all about laying it with lsu last week but this seems like to many points against a team who made Daniels look about as bad he did all last season.

It was a very bad spot for lsu last year but Arkansas d was a huge problem for jaylen Daniels, that was a early start at Arkansas on the heels the bama upset so I know the spot mattered but 17.5 still feels like a lot. Jefferson wasn’t able to play in last years 13-10 loss. Just giving up 38 to byu a little concerning but looking at box score it not like byu put up the kind of yards you would expect to see from a team scoring 38. I dunno, has there been massive changes to ark d since last year, scheme or players? I was all about laying it with lsu last week but this seems like to many points against a team who made Daniels look about as bad he did all last season.

Arkansas is broken.

Ole Miss with back to back misleading scores - Horton played decently but if Pratt had played I think Tulane possibly wins that one, and Ga Tech shot themselves in the foot one too many times after long drives - and then the 4th quarter onside kick nightmare ultimately led to the busting of the Ga Tech early side numbers. King is a totally different player with Ga Tech than he was as an Ag after lowering his release point to get the ball out quicker. Jumped on TD with Ramblin' early on at Wake. Tre Harris (who left Tulane game early) and the stud Memphis xfer TE Prieskorn practiced Monday; Judkins ran for 37 Saturday despite being listed as doubtful coming in. With the reinforcements back and Dart looking as good as he ever has running the RPO, it's hard to see Ole Miss not being live on the ML here. I kind of think we'll see a similar game to last year - 30-24 somebody. Didn't want to see Milroe though that's for sure as an Ole Miss backer, and Rebs need some help on the edge. Looking forward more to this one more than the other big three games.
Concerned with ole miss o-line here. Same on d-line against the run. Ole Miss will need passing game to be in this one. Think Bama has the better secondary.

Arkansas is broken.

Explain? Just cause losing to byu or are there other things going on? All I know is they had a defensive game plan that worked very well containing Daniels last year, if memory serves me right they brought pressure from all over and if totally had him and his oline protections confused. Again I do realize it was a terrible spot for lsu last year but I think it be crazy not to at least consider the points or the under here. No way am I laying -17.5.

I also think 17+ seems high. Last years game has little to do with this one. Was at Arky and cold as frick. Perkins single handedly won the game. Throw out last weeks result vs a transitioning State offense. To date LSU has shown vulnerability in the secondary and will be without a starting safety Saturday.
Likely a rare sitout spot for me. Seems like a decent chance a backdoor cover splits the number.

i agree with lot of that........that arkansas team just gave up huge explosives and busted coverages - which imaybe worse then giving up 500 yards of offense and 38 points then 200 yards and 38 points..........not sure i want any part of a defense giving up explosives like that . i think they are worse coached by alot on defense. new dc their dc la st year is head coach at unlv

South carolina appealing to anyone ? miss state looks like a dead team, whole new secondary and obviously got exposed last week.

i agree with lot of that........that arkansas team just gave up huge explosives and busted coverages - which imaybe worse then giving up 500 yards of offense and 38 points then 200 yards and 38 points..........not sure i want any part of a defense giving up explosives like that . i think they are worse coached by alot on defense. new dc their dc la st year is head coach at unlv

South carolina appealing to anyone ? miss state looks like a dead team, whole new secondary and obviously got exposed last week.
Scary seemed to have better success on the OL last week.

Now, we all seem to have questions about Jorja, so kinda tough to gauge anything...

With even average protection, the Cocks can be a dangerous team in my opinion.

That what I was wondering about, I didn’t know if they had the same dc or not. I probably won’t mess with it or look at lsu wr props. Lol.

I'm leaning pretty heavy on aTm right now. I know the issues with feeling any confidence with them, but AU doesn't have anything remotely close to the roster Aggies have. I'd give the coaching edge to Hugh for sure, but this certainly feels like a game aTm should win by DDs. Of course, I really liked aTm against Miami as well, so I'm an idiot

I'm leaning pretty heavy on aTm right now. I know the issues with feeling any confidence with them, but AU doesn't have anything remotely close to the roster Aggies have. I'd give the coaching edge to Hugh for sure, but this certainly feels like a game aTm should win by DDs. Of course, I really liked aTm against Miami as well, so I'm an idiot
SInce the Ags joined the SEC, both teams won at each others stadium. That has started to fracture some. Ags finally beat Aubbie at home in 2021. Puts the Tigers at 4-1 in Kyle.
I haven't seen Aubbie this year, but I was looking at the points.
I suffer from BAS(Battered Aggie Syndrome).

I'm still holding my ASS from that MIAMI game.

I think Florida might be worth some small change on a futures bet to win the SEC this year. I looked earlier and if I recall correctly I think they were +3200 odds to win the SEC. That performance last Sat night was way above average and it got me looking into fading Billy Napier and the Gators this week. It’s not happening. Billy Napier has excellent numbers vs. ooc foes even in letdown situations. So much so, I think they cover the spread over Charlotte this weekend easily. Then I got to thinking wait a sec….if a coach and team can avoid a letdown after that great performance last weekend then that would be impressive…..I think Florida sent a strong message last week and it’s no fluke. BN has found his QB and I think he’s only going to get better. I’m not looking forward to playing this improved squad next weekend in Lexington. We’ve beat the Gators last two years running and they’ll come up north with a chip on their shoulder. Throw the records out in the FL/GA game and if they can win that one then a loss at LSU won’t matter. Just sayin’ Florida’s odds to win the SEC might be getting lower and lower as the season goes on. Call me crazy if you like.

S. Carolina is lining up to be a bet for me. Miss. St. doesn't have anywhere near the pass rush that N. Carolina has. Everybody talks about how bad the Gamecock offensive line is but they played way better against Georgia. On top of that Miss. St. will be playing 2 QB's. I think S. Carolina is ready to take out some frustration on somebody and I can't see Miss. St. offering too much resistance. The short line concerns me after the Miss. St. blowout and the Gamecocks looking respectable against Georgia. Still digging into that one.

LSU is my team, but no way will I lay 17-18 points against a SEC border rival. The Hogs have a decent defense and I can see K.J. running around getting some yards and points against the LSU defense.

S. Carolina is lining up to be a bet for me. Miss. St. doesn't have anywhere near the pass rush that N. Carolina has. Everybody talks about how bad the Gamecock offensive line is but they played way better against Georgia. On top of that Miss. St. will be playing 2 QB's. I think S. Carolina is ready to take out some frustration on somebody and I can't see Miss. St. offering too much resistance. The short line concerns me after the Miss. St. blowout and the Gamecocks looking respectable against Georgia. Still digging into that one.

LSU is my team, but no way will I lay 17-18 points against a SEC border rival. The Hogs have a decent defense and I can see K.J. running around getting some yards and points against the LSU defense.
Good stuff

I think Florida might be worth some small change on a futures bet to win the SEC this year. I looked earlier and if I recall correctly I think they were +3200 odds to win the SEC. That performance last Sat night was way above average and it got me looking into fading Billy Napier and the Gators this week. It’s not happening. Billy Napier has excellent numbers vs. ooc foes even in letdown situations. So much so, I think they cover the spread over Charlotte this weekend easily. Then I got to thinking wait a sec….if a coach and team can avoid a letdown after that great performance last weekend then that would be impressive…..I think Florida sent a strong message last week and it’s no fluke. BN has found his QB and I think he’s only going to get better. I’m not looking forward to playing this improved squad next weekend in Lexington. We’ve beat the Gators last two years running and they’ll come up north with a chip on their shoulder. Throw the records out in the FL/GA game and if they can win that one then a loss at LSU won’t matter. Just sayin’ Florida’s odds to win the SEC might be getting lower and lower as the season goes on. Call me crazy if you like.
Georgia seems to be down, relative to their dominance as of late..

This might not be too bad...

I found 25 and 28 to 1...

Might be worth a pinch.

The reason I was so willing to lay it with lsu last week even tho laying bunch of points on the road isn’t my fav thing is cause what the Mississippi st coaches have done to that team (and that poor qb who prob went from being drafted and having a nice nfl backup career to a afterthought) since Leech has passed is a abomination!! How they thought totally changing this offense to the garbage they running now is beyond me?? It’s not much different than when a coach gets hired onto a program to get rid the option, he has years of the wrong players to accomplish his goals. This qb and team were here running a offense they have abandoned and it is ugly. If scary can’t stop this team I dunno who they can stop?!? Not like the defensive side is going any better for the bulldogs, that was quite the interesting strategy last week of leaving Nabers wide open all over the field!! Rattler shouldn’t have too much trouble putting up numbers against that. Normally I’d prob worry bout last weeks results but I’m not sure bulldogs have anything other than maybe one rouge game they have anything but hardships this season.

I don’t think you crazy ar all, I’d be lying if I said I’ve watched a down of Uga yet but I assume there gotta at least be uncertainties with the passing attack? Didn’t they lose not only their qb who was there 5-10 years but also the oc left for nfl correct? I know one thing bout gators that we said before last week and it held true in a very good test, it gonna be incredibly difficult for anyone to line up and push around gators stable of big strong defensive tackles! It gonna be tough sledding for any team to run successfully between the tackles on them. On the other side they have some talented ass running backs and I gotta admit (you kinda hinted at this which helped me love them last week) Mertz looks a lot dang better in this offense than he ever did at wiscy! I’d still like to see him push the ball down the field, obviously they not gonna beat Uga with the short stuff without st least threatening outside the numbers down the field. Not saying he can’t do that I’d just like to see it! Wasn’t much need last week as he appeared to get banged up and gators played the equivalent of the 4 corners offense the entire 2nd half, lol., I’ve heard much crazier things just this week!

Georgia seems to be down, relative to their dominance as of late..

This might not be too bad...

I found 25 and 28 to 1...

Might be worth a pinch.
Fwiw, I took that pinch...

Looking forward to the Cocktail Party!

Might be a mistake, but I'm going back to the well and betting against Tenn and UGA 1H.

And in a sign of how things have changed, I'm taking the Alabama/OM 1H under. There's no way I can have much confidence in the Ala offense right now, though I do think we start to see some improvement today. But the defense should be fine, and even with the wrinkles Lane has drawn up specifically for this game, this feels like it will be a 14-10 type game after 2 quarters. No real strong opinion on the full game. I think Alabama guts it out, but I wouldn't bet that we cover. And a loss certainly wouldn't shock me

I waited too long to bet aTm. I've got some interest in the over, especially since the Aggie defense hasn't been as sharp as I would have thought based on talent

I'm going to take the points with Arky, for most of the reasons outlined here. First big home game of the season for LSU though, so I could see a really inspired performance, but I as I mentioned earlier, I think we see a lot of up and down performances from teams in the conference

Good luck everyone

WOW. Maybe. We beat up right now. Defense is way better than last year for sure. Really ain't played anybody yet. TN is way Overrated.

WOW. Maybe. We beat up right now. Defense is way better than last year for sure. Really ain't played anybody yet. TN is way Overrated.
I guess what opened my eyes a bit was the game Mertz had….and he is not all that experienced so there’s a good chance he has not reached his potential yet so your offense may get better as the season goes on which is a somewhat scary thought if you’re not a Gator fan.

Along those same lines, might be worth taking a stab at one of the longer odd teams in the West, like aTm and Ole Miss?

Back