i
Abilene Christian
@ Missouri11:00 AMESPN+

SECN+
Tickets as low as $26Memorial Stadium/Faurot Field, Columbia, MO
20Ole Miss @ Georgia Tech2:30 PM
ABC
Tickets as low as $47Bobby Dodd Stadium, Atlanta, GA
22Penn State @ Auburn2:30 PMCBSTickets as low as $160Jordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL
Vanderbilt @ Northern Illinois2:30 PMCBSSNTickets as low as $25Huskie Stadium, DeKalb, IL
UL Monroe @ 2Alabama3:00 PM
SECN
Tickets as low as $12Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL
Mississippi State @ LSU5:00 PM
ESPN
Tickets as low as $28Tiger Stadium (LA), Baton Rouge, LA
i
Missouri State
@ 10Arkansas6:00 PMESPN+

SECN+
Tickets as low as $111Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, AR
Akron @ 15Tennessee6:00 PMESPN+

SECN+
Tickets as low as $42Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN
South Florida @ 18Florida6:30 PM
SECN
Tickets as low as $41Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL
13Miami @ 24Texas A&M8:00 PM
ESPN
Tickets as low as $64Kyle Field, College Station, TX

Pretty interesting week last week for the conference coming off an opening weekend where they went 13-1. All the over-reaction from that week came back to haunt them, with the exception of UGA, though they were playing an FCS team. I suspected that the Florida hype was too much too soon, and UK went in there and punched them right in the mouth. That is not an easy environment to win in, so whatever you think of UF and AR15, that's a great win for Kentucky. Especially given the history.

That was really the only game I saw other than Alabama, as it took a while to get home after the game. Caught the end of Tennessee's win. Box score says that was a pretty even game.

Also caught the end of the aTm game, and I think it was the only thing that could console my Longhorn BIL. If I'm an Aggie, I am furious that this is where you are 5 years into the Jimbo tenure. I know that next year is "the year," but something's gotta change this season if I'm them (after Oct 8 would be a great time to make those changes).

Based on box score, looks like Ark was never in any danger against SC. Very impressive what Pittman has done there

Vandy ran into Wake a week too late, now that Hartman has been cleared. Enjoy those 2 wins Vandy, it may be a while for #3

Nothing really to say about the other games, though I'd be concerned that AU struggled to put SJSt away, though I don't think many people thought that AU would be any good this season

I gave some thoughts in the WDWL thread, but I'll post some Alabama thoughts here. First, hats off to Texas and their fans. They absolutely brought it on Saturday. They had a reputation for not being loud, and I can tell you, they were very loud and affected Alabama a considerable amount. Sark and his coaches had an excellent game plan, and if not for the unfortunate injury to Ewers, we may have seen fans on the field and some missing goal posts. I think the biggest positive I can take from the Alabama side is that they didn't panic and won a game they had no business winning in a hostile environment when everything was going wrong. The problem there though, is that this is the 4th time it's happened in the last 15 games, all in true road games against teams that shouldn't be able to hang with Alabama from a talent perspective. I'd say most of it has to do with the OL. I know we're still shuffling the line, trying to find the right 5 guys, but there are ways to scheme around that. Sark sure did. I don't know if it's the NFL mentality of O'Brien, but something has to change or Alabama is losing at least 2 of those 4 road games we have left. Getting Tyler Harrell healthy I think will help because of his speed. He should be able to keep the safeties back, but the other WR have to be better at getting open. Bryce is awesome, but we can't rely on him to just find a way every game, though he is really good at it. The other thing that kills me is how late in the clock we snap it on the road. If we're constantly snapping it at 1 sec, the defense can pin their ears back and get a jump on the OL. It was a problem last season, and it hurt us for 3.5 quarters Saturday. It was amazing how much better the offense looked when we were in hurry up and were snapping the ball with 20 secs left on the clock. I'm not worried about the penalties, that will get cleaned up, especially the ones from Will Anderson. The only thing I'll say about the officiating is that it was atrocious all game. Typical for the SEC. They go from calling ticky-tack penalties to no calls on egregious plays and back again. No consistency. I think Alabama will be fine the next 2 weeks, but I can't advocate a bet on them when they go on the road to Arkansas on Oct 1. They're gonna have to show it to me to believe they can dominate on the road

Enough of my fan bitching, looking forward to week 3 and a week where I won't be traveling

This isn't years past for SC against UGA where they are coming off Bama game right before LSU or something like that. UGA just got tuned up against an FCS team and then plays Kent St the week after. They will utterly dismantle SC on the lines of scrimmage. My guess is it's going over 50.5 because UGA will run up some scores and SC will limp their way to 17

Shows you what they think about LSU
I saw it open LSU +3 then I’m sure that got hit.

Tempting to take LSU as home dogs always…doesn’t happen often unless Bama usually as of late

Shows you what they think about LSU
I saw it open LSU +3 then I’m sure that got hit.

Tempting to take LSU as home dogs always…doesn’t happen often unless Bama usually as of late
I'm going to have a hard time ever taking a road favorite in BR. Kind of an underrated rivalry here too. I'm pretty high on Miss St this season, but this will be a test

The LV opener was LSU -3.5, but by the time i saw it at BoL it was LSU +2.
Had leaned towards Messy, but was really hoping to catch a FG. They're a 2 pt road fav right now, and i'll probably just sit back and watch this one. Really wanted to see if Leach could put one over on Kelly.

I was a bit surprised with the line in Columbia. Thinking something like 33 - 14.
I understand why. The way UGA is built, games can get away from overmatched teams in a hurry. I know this traditionally has been a weird series, especially during the Richt years. Maybe UGA will have one of those days where the opposing QB turns into Aaron Rodgers for a day and they begin to press. Otherwise, I don't see a path for SC to keep this respectable

I understand why. The way UGA is built, games can get away from overmatched teams in a hurry. I know this traditionally has been a weird series, especially during the Richt years. Maybe UGA will have one of those days where the opposing QB turns into Aaron Rodgers for a day and they begin to press. Otherwise, I don't see a path for SC to keep this respectable
Going to pay to see Ratler beat me.

Arkansas and South Carolina both are awful on defense IMO. I gave the Cocks a chance because I knew Arkansas D was awful. Cocks out sucked them on defense. Georgia less than -20 sounds like a steal to me. State has a pretty good D which is sortve scary IMO. LSU remains a mystery. Daniels has scored on 8 straight possessions once the pace and strategy moved to more uptempo. Could lead to a 6 hour score a thon. Hard to think the Tigers are deep enough to win in that sort of scenario. But anything goes In Baton Rouge after dark. Should be entertaining. James Franklin is the only thing I can see keeping Auburn close vs Penn State. A&M may show up but I think Miami torches them after stumbling through the first half of a look ahead game. Plenty to be excited about this week. Texas easily could’ve beat LSU in 2019 in similar circumstances to what Bama faced this past weekend. I wouldnt expect anything less than a Bama focus factor run the next few weeks. Saban will straighten out some very surprising mental lapses or find players that will do things his way. Ill ramble more later in the week.

The other thing that kills me is how late in the clock we snap it on the road. If we're constantly snapping it at 1 sec, the defense can pin their ears back and get a jump on the OL. It was a problem last season, and it hurt us for 3.5 quarters Saturday

THANK YOU!

Sounds like SC had 2 huge injuries on defense last week:

outh Carolina will be without two defensive starters Saturday against No. 1 Georgia after outside linebacker/edge rusher Jordan Strachan and middle linebacker Mo Kaba suffered season-ending ACL injuries last week in the 44-30 loss at Arkansas.

"I'm extremely disappointed and heartbroken for both of these young men," South Carolina coach Shane Beamer said in a statement. "They both worked really hard to prepare for this season and were off to great starts for us. Their best football is still in front of them."

This is the second ACL injury for Strachan, whose three tackles for loss led the Gamecocks (1-1) through the first two games. He started his career at Georgia State and suffered an injury in the first game of the 2019 season and was unable to return that year.

EDITOR'S PICKS​

South Carolina lost multiple players to injury in the Arkansas game, including All-SEC cornerback Cam Smith, who left the game in the second quarter with an upper body injury. The Gamecocks are hopeful of getting Smith back for the Georgia game as well as senior safety R.J. Roderick, who missed the entire Arkansas game after injuring his arm in the season-opening win over Georgia State.

South Carolina hasn't been able to stop run on defense or run the ball on offense in the first two games. The Gamecocks are ranked 129th out of 131 FBS teams in rushing defense. They're allowing 247.5 yards per game on the ground and averaging just 59.5 rushing yards themselves, which ranks 125th nationally.

Georgia (2-0) has won six of the past seven meetings in the series.

With 2dabank's thoughts in my head last week of how poor Arkansas D plays in 2H's, as far as Odom making adjustments, even after a pretty rough 1H, I felt ok playing S Car +4 2H which Ark only outscored them 23-21 and I think one of those TDs was an Ark onside kick runback down inside the 10 that set up a TD. So going forward, how Ark D plays in the 2Hs will be something to watch, they are 0-2 ATS 2H so far this year.

The market move is making me doubt myself but I don’t see Ole Miss and Tech getting in to the 60s. Ole Miss hasn’t looked explosive through the air against lesser competition. The running game has the potential to be great, but Tech looked competent enough against Clemson to make me question whether Ole Miss is going to run up and down the field against them. Even if they do leaning on the run will chew clock.

I also think Ole Miss defense is more capable than they’re given credit for. Is Tech getting in to the upper 20s? I don’t think so.

35-21 feels right.

Does Stoops take it easy on Youngstown St? Haven't seen a line, but I heard that there will be a huge contingent from Ohio going to the game to celebrate their hometown hero.

Possible lookaheads for Tenn and UF (play each other next week), Arky has aTm and Alabama on deck

I don't see any way you can back aTm, will likely be on Canes

Penn St is lucky this isn't a night game, because as mediocre as AU has looked, night games down there are the stuff nightmares are made of. Not sure how or if I'll play this one. AU catching points is attractive

Any thoughts on Florida in a sandwich game against an in-state program? USF sucks pretty bad don't they?

In a normal universe, I'd would have been here talking about a let down for Alabama after a great performance against a quality opponent. But that's not what we have here, and I think ULM is going to feel the brunt of a "get right" game. Though if we see a lackluster performance from Alabama this week, there will be $ to be made the next few weeks as the books fail to remove the Bama tax on their lines

UK opened 26.5 at the offshore Monday and it sits at 27 now. I think if given the chance in the 4th Q Mark would call off the dogs if it's a run away, yes, I don't see him really doing anything unnecessary vs this team. This YSU team has played weak competition so far, but it definitely appears they playing the best football they have in the last few years. There is a UK WR that transfered to YSU. He played with the Terry Wilson UK team, caught a couple TDs. YSU has an FCS AA type RB McLauglin. YSU might be able to keep this close, UK has a history of not playing their best vs some of these teams.

They were losing when he exited

I understand. The Texas offense was significantly worse with Card and yet they still took the lead. With Ewers, I bet they get to 30. Meanwhile, bama went half the game without a first down.

Ewers could've also fumbled or thrown two picks. He was in just career start #2 after all. Card got injured at some point as well and finished far from 100%. It definitely effected his throwing base. Maybe somebody can help refresh when Card got hurt?

It's real easy to say that if not for an injury, "X" would've happened. For instance, a healthy Tua beats 2019 LSU.

Ewers going down not only changed things for Texas, it also changed things for Alabama. The two offensive drives Alabama had before the injury, they moved the ball just fine. It looked to my untrained eye that our play calling went very vanilla after it, which turned out to be a huge mistake. Part of my "Bill O'Brien is too NFL-like" argument. The thing that was wild with Ewers in the game is that he wasn't even reading the defense. He was just dropping back and throwing it, to great effect. Part of the genius of Sarkisian is that Ewers just trusted it would be there. All it would've taken is for one not to be there, and it's a different game. But it doesn't matter.

As to the Card injury, the first time I noticed it was when he scrambled for a first down in the 3rd quarter. He had been sacked the play before, so I assumed it was from that, but he may have had the injury prior to the game for all I know

Going back to Alabama 1q and 1H plays…..

Dk had 1q -12 o/u14 ….both -130
1H -31-110….35-115

Gonna pay to see if Bama comes out aggressive or not………

Back