SEC Week 3 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Not a great slate of games, unless there are some upsets. Discussion will go here

Saturday's games:

Alabama -16/50.5 @ Wisconsin

LSU -7/49.5 @ SCAR

Mizzou -16/53.5 vs Boston College

Oklahoma -13.5/47.5 vs Tulane

aTm -3.5/46.5 @ Florida

Arky -24.5/60.5 vs UAB

Ole Miss -22.5/64.5 @ Wake Forest

Texas -35/54.5 vs UTSA

Vandy -10.5/46.5 @ Georgia St

UGA -24/45.5 @ Kentucky

AU -28/60.5 vs New Mexico

Miss St -11.5/59.5 vs Toledo

Tennessee -49/62.5 vs Kent St

Some Alabama (and others) notes:

Based on De Boer's comments during the SEC Coaches teleconference and the call in show last night, it sounds like starting LT Kadyn Proctor is practicing and I'm pretty optimistic he will play against Wisconsin. From what I understand, his injury will be mostly about pain management and may be lingering throughout the season. If Alabama is able to have it's full starting OL playing in the correct positions, I'll feel better about this game. The road struggles from the last few seasons are still pretty fresh in my mind, and 13 penalties for 120 yards last week doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. This is probably a stay away game for me, unless I get involved in some team totals. Alabama's defense has played better than I thought they would, and even with the potential liabilities in the secondary, I'm not sure Wisconsin is the team to take advantage there. On offense, it's pretty much general consensus that the last two offensive game plans have been pretty vanilla, and I can't say that it's wrong, but I also can't say it's for sure true. What I can say about the offense is that it is plenty capable of making explosive plays, even after stalling for long stretches. So I may have some interest in the over, though I think it may take Alabama getting into the mid 30's

Interesting one in Columbia SC. Feels like a must win for LSU. SC riding high off a big win. Getting a TD with the home team feels like a no brainer to me, and if I get involved, it will almost certainly be on SC

Another interesting one in the other Columbia. Mizzou has yet to allow a point this season. BC most recently completed the meltdown of the FSU program 2 weeks ago. I see a #24 next to BC, but I'm not so sure they are good so much as FSU is bad. I think if Mizzou is the team that many thought they were during the preseason, they should cover this.

No clue on aTm/UF. I'd like to take the points with the home dog, but man I don't know.

Is Wake Forest any good? Feels like a big number for Ole Miss on the road, but like Mizzou, if they are who we think they are, they should cover this, right?

You'd have to give me at least 30 points before I'd even think about considering taking Kentucky. I hate laying multiple scores on the road in conference games, but Kentucky has always seemed kind of like a diet version of UGA, and this year they may be even worse.

Lot of calls from the AU fans to play the backup QB, not sure if Freeze is listening. AU is on my "do not bet list" until further notice.

No real thoughts on the others, maybe @twinkie13 can give some insight into the OU/Tulane matchup. I think OU has a really good defense, but can they score? The under is on my radar

Hopefully this spurs some conversation. Looks like we are getting the remnants of Francine today and tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be on the golf course so I should be around

Good luck!

Some Alabama (and others) notes:

Based on De Boer's comments during the SEC Coaches teleconference and the call in show last night, it sounds like starting LT Kadyn Proctor is practicing and I'm pretty optimistic he will play against Wisconsin. From what I understand, his injury will be mostly about pain management and may be lingering throughout the season. If Alabama is able to have it's full starting OL playing in the correct positions, I'll feel better about this game. The road struggles from the last few seasons are still pretty fresh in my mind, and 13 penalties for 120 yards last week doesn't give me the warm fuzzies. This is probably a stay away game for me, unless I get involved in some team totals. Alabama's defense has played better than I thought they would, and even with the potential liabilities in the secondary, I'm not sure Wisconsin is the team to take advantage there. On offense, it's pretty much general consensus that the last two offensive game plans have been pretty vanilla, and I can't say that it's wrong, but I also can't say it's for sure true. What I can say about the offense is that it is plenty capable of making explosive plays, even after stalling for long stretches. So I may have some interest in the over, though I think it may take Alabama getting into the mid 30's

Interesting one in Columbia SC. Feels like a must win for LSU. SC riding high off a big win. Getting a TD with the home team feels like a no brainer to me, and if I get involved, it will almost certainly be on SC

Another interesting one in the other Columbia. Mizzou has yet to allow a point this season. BC most recently completed the meltdown of the FSU program 2 weeks ago. I see a #24 next to BC, but I'm not so sure they are good so much as FSU is bad. I think if Mizzou is the team that many thought they were during the preseason, they should cover this.

No clue on aTm/UF. I'd like to take the points with the home dog, but man I don't know.

Is Wake Forest any good? Feels like a big number for Ole Miss on the road, but like Mizzou, if they are who we think they are, they should cover this, right?

You'd have to give me at least 30 points before I'd even think about considering taking Kentucky. I hate laying multiple scores on the road in conference games, but Kentucky has always seemed kind of like a diet version of UGA, and this year they may be even worse.

Lot of calls from the AU fans to play the backup QB, not sure if Freeze is listening. AU is on my "do not bet list" until further notice.

No real thoughts on the others, maybe @twinkie13 can give some insight into the OU/Tulane matchup. I think OU has a really good defense, but can they score? The under is on my radar

Hopefully this spurs some conversation. Looks like we are getting the remnants of Francine today and tomorrow, so I doubt I'll be on the golf course so I should be around

Good luck!
Great notes, thanks.

Get right game for Auburn? Think @bookieassassin posted TT over 43. I think that's probably the play.

UNM won't be sneaking up on Auburn. Most of their fans, hell some of the players are probably thinking this is the team they lost to last year.

UNM's D is a mess, but offensively might be able to cover the 28, but think AU TT is the best play.
I think that's the right play for sure. But most of y'all know how terrible I've been at betting AU games over the years, either on or against. With the way the first two games have gone this year, and how last year went, I think Hugh knows that keeping the gas down against the inferior teams on the schedule will placate the fans somewhat. I mean, there were fans around here talking about a dark horse playoff run after the Alabama A&M game. Now they want the backup QB in and Thorne off the team lol. I know many will point to the NMST game last year, but they've since admitted that they barely installed a plan for that game last year and spent the week prepping for Alabama. They can't afford to sleep walk this one. I'm probably still staying away, but if I do get involved, it will be to bet on AU scoring points

I think that's the right play for sure. But most of y'all know how terrible I've been at betting AU games over the years, either on or against. With the way the first two games have gone this year, and how last year went, I think Hugh knows that keeping the gas down against the inferior teams on the schedule will placate the fans somewhat. I mean, there were fans around here talking about a dark horse playoff run after the Alabama A&M game. Now they want the backup QB in and Thorne off the team lol. I know many will point to the NMST game last year, but they've since admitted that they barely installed a plan for that game last year and spent the week prepping for Alabama. They can't afford to sleep walk this one. I'm probably still staying away, but if I do get involved, it will be to bet on AU scoring points
Aubbie could be P4P the craziest fan base/ situation. Need a deep dive documentary going way back up until the present.

Connor W apparently has a throwing shoulder injury
scuttlebutt he did not look like he could go in warmups.

Reed to start
already on Fla +3
hope I lose

Back