aTm +12.5 vs Clemson

Mizzou -17.5 vs Wyoming

Florida -14.5 vs Kentucky

Arkansas -13 @ Colorado St

Ole Miss vs Southern Illinois

LSU vs SE Louisiana

AU vs Alabama St

Tennessee vs East Tennessee St

Same way Bama week 1 has become an auto spot, fading Bama week 2 has become an auto spot. Can also count on Saban pulling Tua once it gets to 28/35 points, they have at Ole Miss on deck too.

I like Vandy first half, maybe game.
It will be 10am for the reno's internal clock and Vandy has a little offense to go with that D.

Overall a really good weekend for the conference. 13-1 straight up, with only Tennessee losing, as was expected. I played golf yesterday instead of reading up on the games I didn't watch, so will need some help filling in the gaps. Will read what I can today before really moving on to this weekend's games. From what I've seen/read, the teams that played FCS type teams did exactly what they were supposed to do, so not sure there's much to take from those games, though I imagine Florida fans are ecstatic that they didn't enter the 4th quarter with the outcome still in doubt. I don't know that Mullen can take them anywhere near the highs of Spurrier and Urban, but he will put a much more enjoyable product on the field than what they've had.

Games I watched part/most/all of:

AU vs Washington: Midway through first quarter, I thought this was going to be a blowout. Washington appeared to come out really flat, while AU was the exact opposite. It looked like Wash had prepared for the wrong team. Red zone inefficiencies for both offenses kept it close, and was as ideal as possible for an under backer like myself. I won't comment too much on Washington, since what I saw Saturday is all I've seen of them. AU looked top 5 level on both offense and defense to start the game. They did fall back a bit, and I'm guessing their OL had most to do with that. Defense, especially the DL, looked great. For now, I think they are who we thought they are, right down to the botched 2 point conversion on the first TD. Not used to seeing an AU kicker miss from inside 40 yards, maybe they have just a good kicker instead of an elite kicker this season. Ton of penalties in this game, especially of the 15 yard variety. Thought that might be a thing, until I watched other games that had the same issue.

Alabama vs Louisville: Game went pretty much as expected, if you expected Tua to get most of the meaningful snaps. The difference between he and Hurts was put on full display, and there's not a person in the world who could justify playing Hurts over Tua. I don't know I'm biased or what, but I think Tua has a chance to be the best QB in the SEC in a while. Maybe not as dynamic as JFF, Cam, or Tebow, but as far as a passer, I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who has his ability. The run game wasn't as featured or as dominant as I expected, but I'm not too worried. Penalties were a concern, but as I noted from the AU game, seemed to be a theme all weekend. Especially with the B1G crews here and in Atlanta. How do you guys put up with that? Alabama may also have one of the best return games in the country, and one of the worst kicking games. It continues to amaze me how bad we are at kicking field goals/XP. Hopefully coach Banks can get it figured out. On the Louisville side, I think they have some playmakers on offense. And based what I saw this weekend, they can definitely contend in the ACC. Maybe it's a bad comparison, but Pass reminded me a bit of Cardale Jones.

LSU vs Miami: Probably biggest surprise for me of the weekend. Not so much that LSU won, but that Miami looked so bad. I think this was similar to the AU game in that LSU came out with their hair on fire, and Miami looked uninterested, though it should surprise no one that a Mark Richt team was unprepared for a marquee game. I'm still not sure what LSU has, but they appear to have a pretty strong defense, a decent run game, and a competent if not spectacular QB. That can be enough to win a lot of games, though the schedule remains brutal.

I watched bits and pieces of the Ole Miss game. Offense looked good to great, defense less so.

That's really all I saw. Toddler age children make it near impossible to watch a game and be able to pay full attention

Buncha games that are unwatchable, maybe a good night out for good people

Missou team total under, not sure Drew lights it up against a D that is actually legitimate, but WYO offense certainly can give them short fields so that's an issue

Nevada will put points on Vandy I'd guess, not sure about covering 10

This lineup makes me wish I had a kid playing tee ball so I could leave the sofa

That schedule of conference games makes me glad opening day of dove season is this weekend. Best of luck GPS

Great opening weekend for the SEC. Definitely a bit of a lull here before things pick up, but....Georgia at SC should be a good one. Miss State at K-State is an underrated solid matchup. And it will be interesting to see Jimbo vs Dabo again.

Might not be a bad idea. Rumors coming out of Tuscaloosa are that Jalen is going to redshirt this season unless Tua gets injured. Mac Jones will be the back up, and not sure how ready he is to lead scoring drives, even in garbage time.

Before the season started an Ag speculated that Jalen would transfer and the Ags could be in the running.
He was met with a bombast of "get outta here". Not because of disbelief or wanting Jalen, but because we've had enough QB shit for one decade.

Who is familiar with this 2018 South Carolina secondary? I think that is the most vulnerable part of SC's D and Georgia has tools to exploit it. Dudes or duds in that Gamecock secondary?

Safety Nick Harvey was ejected for targeting last week and has to miss the first half vs Georgia.

Who is familiar with this 2018 South Carolina secondary? I think that is the most vulnerable part of SC's D and Georgia has tools to exploit it. Dudes or duds in that Gamecock secondary?

Safety Nick Harvey was ejected for targeting last week and has to miss the first half vs Georgia.
Paging @ksimpsc

SC also appears to be starting a Rice Grad transfer....which Rice has had some good players I'm not knocking somebody as not good enough because of that, but just weird that SC is counting on and starting a DB from Rice (JT Ibe).

SEC leans:

Miss St now that it’s down to 7. Someone talk me off that

Haven’t seen the numbers, but S Carolina has to be a public dog, right? I still kind of lean them to cover, but will wait to see if there’s any late steam one way or the other. May end up on UGA

Alabama 1H. Line and TT OV. Maybe Ark St TT under. Defense was an emphasis this week, expect them to come out fired up. This feels like a game that is 28/35-0 at half, could end up 45-7

Lean aTm and Kentucky. I think Kelly Bryant is a slightly better version of Jalen Hurts. They’ll probably win, but it will be ugly and defense led. Not sure I’m buying the Florida offensive renaissance just yet

Will look at Ark TT over

Depending on line, may fade AU and LSU, at least 1H

If I get an Ole Miss TT, will likely be on that over. If not, may take over for the game. Could see them putting up a 70 spot, unless someone can tell me S Illinois is an FCS powerhouse

GLTA

Tgats why I feel better about 1h instead of full game. Plus Tua is better than any QB we’ve had in those 5 games. I don’t expect Ark St to put 9 in the box like they would’ve with Jalen playing, or Coker or Sims. RBs should have more room to run

Back