Mizzou -11 @ Arkansas

Vandy +1 @ Tennessee

UGA -11 @ Georgia Tech

South Carolina +14 @ Clemson

aTm +10 @ LSU

Alabama -4 @ AU

Florida +5 vs FSU

Kentucky +9 vs Louisville

Not a whole lot to report from week 12. I had the over in a game that had 28 points in the 1st quarter and lost, so thank you aTm and Ole Miss for that second half. Didn't watch, so don't know if it was offensive ineptitude, defense playing well, or both. I will have random thoughts here and there about the Alabama-AU game, but I won't do some huge write up. It's impossible for me to not have bias in this game, so I won't try to convince anyone to agree with me on what I think will happen (SPOILER, I think Alabama wins). The rest of the slate is only intriguing if you're betting or because of off the field issues and rumors. But some pretty decent games IMO, hope to have a lively discussion

I know there's a thread on coaching changes already, but wanted to have some SEC only discussion because it's possible almost half the conference will have a new coach next season. We know Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas are looking. Ole Miss is near certain to hire a new coach, but I could see them sticking with Luke if the NCAA comes down hard. Need a guy to get them through the sanctions, and having one of their own is as good a place to start as any. Pretty strong rumors that Sumlin is out at aTm. I'd guess Odom saved his job with their current win streak. So 4-5 coaches out by being fired, then the dominoes start to fall. Dan Mullen is a perpetual candidate to move on, so I expect his name to be in the mix for multiple jobs all offseason. There are pretty persistent rumors that Gus Malzahn wants out at AU to go back to Arkansas. If they win Saturday, I don't see how that happens, but if they lose, I could maybe see it. While AU is certainly a better job on paper, the AD is a complete dumpster fire right now with a title IX investigation, the FBI corrpution probe, and the mess with their baseball program. Gus is on the hot seat it seems like every season, and even week to week. So I could see him wanting to get out, and the AU fans and boosters are always on the verge of firing the football coach any way. I'll believe it when I see it, but these rumors have been circulating for a while now. Maybe Will Muschamp gets a look at other spots, but I actually think he's in an ideal spot for him. No change at Alabama or UGA obviously. Could see Kentucky and Stoops parting ways, not sure on Mason at Vandy. Think LSU is stuck with Orgeron, but if they win this week, 9-3 with a win over AU is as good a debut season as you could hope for

Saban a little cryptic in his presser today, re injuries. Says Hall, Miller and Wilson are not ruled out of game, but have not been cleared medically yet. Minkah will practice today and fully expected to start on Saturday, starting RG Piersbacher not cleared to return yet. Our kicker did not play against Mercer, but should be good to go this week

What's your gut feel on the game a few days out?

I'm thinking 28-17 Alabama. I think Hurts is the difference for us on offense, and on defense, Pruitt has proven exceptional at defending Malzahn's offense. It will be tight for a while, but I think we force Stidham into a mistake or two in the 2nd half.

So bizarre to have so many in the media calling for an AU win, almost as if Alabama doesn't have a chance. We have responded well to similar circumstances in the past, don't see why we can't do the same this time too

What, if any, improvements can we expect to see re: the LB play? I realize Mercer was not a great gauge. Will 2 weeks post Miss. State make a big difference?

What, if any, improvements can we expect to see re: the LB play? I realize Mercer was not a great gauge. Will 2 weeks post Miss. State make a big difference?

Moses instead of Holcombe is a pretty sizable difference in ability, but neither have much experience. If Moses doesn't play with great eye discipline against an offense like AU's, then he could be a liability. Or even if he does play with discipline, but he doesn't react quickly, same result. If Mack Wilson can somehow play, that could change things immensely. Even if Mercer isn't a great gauge, I think the fact that Moses started and played so much tells us all we need to know on Moses vs Holcombe in Saban's eyes. I think 2 weeks post-MSU is big because there will be fewer deer in the headlights moments from the guys who were starting their first game. And the recovery from all the bumps and bruises suffered during LSU have had more time to heal.

I don't think Kam Pettway makes a difference. I really don't think Kerryon will either. It's going to have to be Stidham that gets the offense moving. For all the talk we've heard about the Miss St game, Alabama held them to their lowest rushing yards and YPC for the season I'm pretty sure. Stidham is not near the running threat that Fitzgerald is, so I don't think zone read and Gus' usual RPO are a problem, but they could run the RPOs that Ole Miss used with success against Alabama a few years ago.

This game basically boils down to which team makes mistakes and which one doesn't. I trust Alabama more in that department. But, if AU forces turnovers and wins the kicking game, I doubt they'll need a FG miss return for a TD to win this one

Gus throwing out the " Kamryn Pettway is probably out for the game". Think it's just bluster but you never know. He only had 17 yards last year on 12 carries but certainly different circumstances. Auburn did get dinged up vs Monroe but apparently none are that serious.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburn...ainst-Louisiana-Monroe-Warhawks-110695305/Amp

Tre Williams (reinjured shoulder) and Jeremiah Dinson (concussion) are probably both out if I had to put my money on it. Williams is the much better player but Dinson hurts more due to not as much depth in his position.

Also, pettway was maybe 70% in last years Iron Bowl. He was never the same after getting hurt vs Vandy last year and Auburn had to play the backup qb in last years iron bowl with Sean White out. It was a complete disaster of an offense in that one.

Gus throwing out the " Kamryn Pettway is probably out for the game". Think it's just bluster but you never know. He only had 17 yards last year on 12 carries but certainly different circumstances. Auburn did get dinged up vs Monroe but apparently none are that serious.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/auburn...ainst-Louisiana-Monroe-Warhawks-110695305/Amp
I work with an assistant coach from Prattville HS. He is really good friends with the Pettway family. Was talking to him yesterday. He said Kam will not play. Apparently, he has a bone chip in his shoulder (backside inlike the blade area). He was trying to explain it to me. Kind of an odd place to get injured. He was hit in the back a few games back when it happened.

I know there's a thread on coaching changes already, but wanted to have some SEC only discussion because it's possible almost half the conference will have a new coach next season. We know Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas are looking. Ole Miss is near certain to hire a new coach, but I could see them sticking with Luke if the NCAA comes down hard. Need a guy to get them through the sanctions, and having one of their own is as good a place to start as any. Pretty strong rumors that Sumlin is out at aTm. I'd guess Odom saved his job with their current win streak. So 4-5 coaches out by being fired, then the dominoes start to fall. Dan Mullen is a perpetual candidate to move on, so I expect his name to be in the mix for multiple jobs all offseason. There are pretty persistent rumors that Gus Malzahn wants out at AU to go back to Arkansas. If they win Saturday, I don't see how that happens, but if they lose, I could maybe see it. While AU is certainly a better job on paper, the AD is a complete dumpster fire right now with a title IX investigation, the FBI corrpution probe, and the mess with their baseball program. Gus is on the hot seat it seems like every season, and even week to week. So I could see him wanting to get out, and the AU fans and boosters are always on the verge of firing the football coach any way. I'll believe it when I see it, but these rumors have been circulating for a while now. Maybe Will Muschamp gets a look at other spots, but I actually think he's in an ideal spot for him. No change at Alabama or UGA obviously. Could see Kentucky and Stoops parting ways, not sure on Mason at Vandy. Think LSU is stuck with Orgeron, but if they win this week, 9-3 with a win over AU is as good a debut season as you could hope for

word around Knoxville is Gruden has 10mil on the table and the ball is in his court. (Heard its a soft no from Gruden)
Mullen interview is Friday....
and I honestly feel Mason's job is safe at least for another year. Thats the feeling i get from all the talk around town

Last edited:
I work with an assistant coach from Prattville HS. He is really good friends with the Pettway family. Was talking to him yesterday. He said Kam will not play. Apparently, he has a bone chip in his shoulder (backside inlike the blade area). He was trying to explain it to me. Kind of an odd place to get injured. He was hit in the back a few games back when it happened.

I’ve heard he hasn’t even been with the team the last few weeks and that he’s been posting cryptic things on social media. Haven’t tried to investigate, just assume he’s out. I expect the others to play, though they may be limited

Moses instead of Holcombe is a pretty sizable difference in ability, but neither have much experience. If Moses doesn't play with great eye discipline against an offense like AU's, then he could be a liability. Or even if he does play with discipline, but he doesn't react quickly, same result. If Mack Wilson can somehow play, that could change things immensely. Even if Mercer isn't a great gauge, I think the fact that Moses started and played so much tells us all we need to know on Moses vs Holcombe in Saban's eyes. I think 2 weeks post-MSU is big because there will be fewer deer in the headlights moments from the guys who were starting their first game. And the recovery from all the bumps and bruises suffered during LSU have had more time to heal.

I don't think Kam Pettway makes a difference. I really don't think Kerryon will either. It's going to have to be Stidham that gets the offense moving. For all the talk we've heard about the Miss St game, Alabama held them to their lowest rushing yards and YPC for the season I'm pretty sure. Stidham is not near the running threat that Fitzgerald is, so I don't think zone read and Gus' usual RPO are a problem, but they could run the RPOs that Ole Miss used with success against Alabama a few years ago.

This game basically boils down to which team makes mistakes and which one doesn't. I trust Alabama more in that department. But, if AU forces turnovers and wins the kicking game, I doubt they'll need a FG miss return for a TD to win this one

they dig Moses? Obv athletic....I kinda thought he would be a "no issue" plug in kinda guy

what about the other kid from BR...the LB? Guess he aint ready...

Luke will have Ole Miss breathing fire. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a pre-game brawl. For those that don't follow it closely, Leo Lewis, starting LB at State, ratted on Ole Miss to the NCAA. He lied, and this will be clear in a week or so. One of State's beat writers has actively tried to ruin Ole Miss' program for the last 2 years, though honestly, Ole Miss conspired in its own demise too. Luke was on this team FWIW:

Does it matter? I doubt it. If Ole Miss can stop the run and make Fitz beat them, then they will have a shot. I don't think that's likely. In what may be his last Egg Bowl, I think Mullen runs Fitz left and Fitz right all night. It would take a monumental effort from Ole Miss' front 7 to stop it. The spread seems a little high, but if Mullen has the chance to run it up I suspect that he will.

they dig Moses? Obv athletic....I kinda thought he would be a "no issue" plug in kinda guy

what about the other kid from BR...the LB? Guess he aint ready...

I think it’s relative. Moses won’t be as good as SDH or Wilson, but it’s not a precipitous drop like folks are making it out to be. But, in a game that could come down to one play, he is more likely to make a mistake than someone with more experience

Mack Wilson, Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller all practiced today for Alabama. They were in black non-contact jerseys. It's not in Saban's history to play games like this, so I expect all 3 of them to be available against AU, though in what capacity, I am unsure

Mack Wilson, Terrell Lewis and Christian Miller all practiced today for Alabama. They were in black non-contact jerseys. It's not in Saban's history to play games like this, so I expect all 3 of them to be available against AU, though in what capacity, I am unsure
Good scoop, thanks for the info and Happy TG.

All hell is breaking loose with the Vols players.
Bet on Vandy Sat. They won't show up to play.
Coach Hoke has dismissed JuJuan Jennings from the team for posting a video that he was lied to by Butch Jones and the coaching staff.
Players are pissed.

I think it’s relative. Moses won’t be as good as SDH or Wilson, but it’s not a precipitous drop like folks are making it out to be. But, in a game that could come down to one play, he is more likely to make a mistake than someone with more experience
Won't be as good.....like ever?

And what about the other BR kid?
Guess he hasn't been much if you didn't mention....name escapes this second, but it liked the kid

Luke will have Ole Miss breathing fire. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a pre-game brawl. For those that don't follow it closely, Leo Lewis, starting LB at State, ratted on Ole Miss to the NCAA. He lied, and this will be clear in a week or so. One of State's beat writers has actively tried to ruin Ole Miss' program for the last 2 years, though honestly, Ole Miss conspired in its own demise too. Luke was on this team FWIW:

Does it matter? I doubt it. If Ole Miss can stop the run and make Fitz beat them, then they will have a shot. I don't think that's likely. In what may be his last Egg Bowl, I think Mullen runs Fitz left and Fitz right all night. It would take a monumental effort from Ole Miss' front 7 to stop it. The spread seems a little high, but if Mullen has the chance to run it up I suspect that he will.
I love the egg bowl

And Leo Lewis can crawl in a hole....he blows

Won't be as good.....like ever?

And what about the other BR kid?
Guess he hasn't been much if you didn't mention....name escapes this second, but it liked the kid

No I think he’ll be a good one. Is the other guy Van Cowan?

Back