SEC Week 13 Discussion

Can't believe it's already end of the regular season. Always goes so quickly. Wanted to go ahead and get the thread going since I'm sure many of us will be traveling this week. Always a great community that I'm thankful for. Safe travels to everyone and let's find some winners

My PR:

Ole Miss -6.5
Ark/Mizzou PK
Alabama -28
LSU -14
Tenn -18

I don't factor in injuries with my PR, but obviously the Hendon Hooker injury is a major one for Tenn.

Based on rosters, coaches, home field, etc, Alabama should mudhole AU. But, this team is just off and AU is coming in high on emotion. Literally nothing wold surprise me in this game, but historically, when Alabama is the better team and it's in Tuscaloosa, they win. I think they will, but I'm sure they will make it look so hard like they have made everything look all season. Can't wait to get a new OC, and hopefully a new DC next year.

Ole Miss looked checked out last night, and if Lane is truly taking the AU job, he has a history of bailing on his current team. I think this is the one rivalry where you truly can throw out the records. I'll be on State in some form or fashion.

Not sure what kind of effort to expect out of aTm. I saw where something like 24 players didn't dress yesterday, no clue if it was injury, suspension, opting out or whatever. I'm sure Jimbo has been working overtime re-recruiting his current players, wouldn't surprise me to see some portal announcements soon after this game concludes.

On the ACC/SEC matchups, I like FSU, UGA, and I kinda like SCAR, but after that win last night, could see a hangover effect, even against the in-state rival

Here’s what I learned from Twitter this morning. SC fans have been upset with Tennessee fans making fun of Beamer for the last year. I guess the players feel the same way. Apparently, this game was circled, which is consistent with the performance against UF in the previous game — lost by 24 ATS. I expect the letdown to be similar to the look ahead in magnitude. Plus, Clemson routinely abuses teams coming off upset wins.

I will be big on Clemson and FSU.

Here’s what I learned from Twitter this morning. SC fans have been upset with Tennessee fans making fun of Beamer for the last year. I guess the players feel the same way. Apparently, this game was circled, which is consistent with the performance against UF in the previous game — lost by 24 ATS. I expect the letdown to be similar to the look ahead in magnitude. Plus, Clemson routinely abuses teams coming off upset wins.

I will be big on Clemson and FSU.
It will certainly be difficult to recreate that environment and intensity. I think I lean your way when it's all said and done

Can't believe it's already end of the regular season. Always goes so quickly. Wanted to go ahead and get the thread going since I'm sure many of us will be traveling this week. Always a great community that I'm thankful for. Safe travels to everyone and let's find some winners

My PR:

Ole Miss -6.5
Ark/Mizzou PK
Alabama -28
LSU -14
Tenn -18

I don't factor in injuries with my PR, but obviously the Hendon Hooker injury is a major one for Tenn.

Based on rosters, coaches, home field, etc, Alabama should mudhole AU. But, this team is just off and AU is coming in high on emotion. Literally nothing wold surprise me in this game, but historically, when Alabama is the better team and it's in Tuscaloosa, they win. I think they will, but I'm sure they will make it look so hard like they have made everything look all season. Can't wait to get a new OC, and hopefully a new DC next year.

Ole Miss looked checked out last night, and if Lane is truly taking the AU job, he has a history of bailing on his current team. I think this is the one rivalry where you truly can throw out the records. I'll be on State in some form or fashion.

Not sure what kind of effort to expect out of aTm. I saw where something like 24 players didn't dress yesterday, no clue if it was injury, suspension, opting out or whatever. I'm sure Jimbo has been working overtime re-recruiting his current players, wouldn't surprise me to see some portal announcements soon after this game concludes.

On the ACC/SEC matchups, I like FSU, UGA, and I kinda like SCAR, but after that win last night, could see a hangover effect, even against the in-state rival

If LSU is only laying 14 I will be on them, big.

What do you have the UGA line at? Tech coming off a big win. I can see this game being played a lot like UK. We do not want to get people hurt heading into the playoffs. Cant imagine Tech scores much. Something like 32 - 7 would be my guess.

What do you have the UGA line at? Tech coming off a big win. I can see this game being played a lot like UK. We do not want to get people hurt heading into the playoffs. Cant imagine Tech scores much. Something like 32 - 7 would be my guess.
32? Does that include two safeties, or just one? Has Tech learned how to protect the punter? I have a hard time seeing it stay this close.

LSU -9 whoa

I bet Ole Miss -3, thought it would be 6.5.

Is Lane really going to Auburn? Is that a better job? I don’t see it…
What don't you see? Better recruiting and facilities. A better tradition. The drawback is the delusional fan base. Lane can win 9 games and go under the radar in Oxford.

I don't make power rankings for other conferences. I used to a few years ago, but it was too time consuming, especially since the website/spreadsheet template I used stopped being updated. I can't imagine GT being competitive in this one

LSU -9 whoa

I bet Ole Miss -3, thought it would be 6.5.

Is Lane really going to Auburn? Is that a better job? I don’t see it…
I think AU is more committed to football than Ole Miss. With the new TV deal coming, I could see Ole Miss improving their facilities to be on par with most conference programs, but honestly I don't know what they are like currently. I think AU is raising more money for NIL than Ole Miss is currently, but I think Ole Miss could match AU in what they pay Lane directly. I think the problem with AU is that their 2 biggest rivals are Alabama and UGA. They have no problem paying a coach to leave, so i guess there's that, so unless you think that AU is your final destination job and you'll be there for the remainder of your career, there's nowhere to go but down

I think AU is more committed to football than Ole Miss. With the new TV deal coming, I could see Ole Miss improving their facilities to be on par with most conference programs, but honestly I don't know what they are like currently. I think AU is raising more money for NIL than Ole Miss is currently, but I think Ole Miss could match AU in what they pay Lane directly. I think the problem with AU is that their 2 biggest rivals are Alabama and UGA. They have no problem paying a coach to leave, so i guess there's that, so unless you think that AU is your final destination job and you'll be there for the remainder of your career, there's nowhere to go but down
People have swallowed the Auburn narrative about NIL hook, line, and sinker. AL.com reported last week that Auburn hoped to have $7 million for football only - prior to that people were throwing around between $10-15 million for Auburn apparently without bothering to even attempt to confirm those numbers. Ole Miss has more than $7 million in the NIL war chest right now, which is managed by a former Under Armor executive by the way.

As for facilities, Auburn just built a football only practice facility. Ole Miss has had one for literally 20 years, and they are expanding it currently with a completion date set for July 2023.

You will get no argument from me about Auburn’s history compared to Ole Miss. I’m just not sure what that’s worth. Do kids born in 2004 know or care who Bo Jackson is? Shit some of those kids don’t know who Cam Newton is. I also think it’s clear that in order for Auburn to be what they imagine themselves to be Alabama and UGA have to be down relative to their historic numbers and potential. There’s no sign of either of those programs slowing down, and even with a new SEC schedule format it seems likely that Auburn will have to play both every year. If Ole Miss ends up with any permanent opponents that aren’t Alabama or UGA, that’s a win for Ole Miss. I would argue that Ole Miss could be one of the biggest beneficiaries, if not the biggest beneficiary, of a re-worked SEC schedule.

As for program ceilings going forward, with an expanded playoff format Ole Miss would have likely been in the field twice since 2015. They would have been fighting for it this year prior to the Arkansas bed shitting. Auburn could certainly benefit from an expanded field too and maybe even at a higher clip than Ole Miss, but I’m not sure if they could make it so much more often that it’s a no brainer given their schedule as referenced above.

Last I think Kiffin covets the Alabama job. I don’t know whether the interest is mutual but you don’t get that job if you’re coaching at Auburn. He’s also a terrible fit for Auburn. He would not handle their alumni or their demands well. The guy is aloof af and that Auburn Family schtick isn’t going to appeal to him. By the way Hugh Freeze would be a perfect fit.

I don’t think that the differences between the programs are significant enough for him to take the job without a top 5 contract. I think we will know by Friday either way.

TL;DR: Has Auburn been a better job historically? Of course. Do TikTok kids care? Probably not. Will Auburn be significantly better going forward? I don’t think so but if they make Kiffin a Jimbo lite offer then he’s gone.

Kiffin doing Kiffin things. Id much prefer he stay in Oxford but it seems pretty obvious his days there are limited.

The bigger concern is all the talent he will have traveling with him.

People have swallowed the Auburn narrative about NIL hook, line, and sinker. AL.com reported last week that Auburn hoped to have $7 million for football only - prior to that people were throwing around between $10-15 million for Auburn apparently without bothering to even attempt to confirm those numbers. Ole Miss has more than $7 million in the NIL war chest right now, which is managed by a former Under Armor executive by the way.

As for facilities, Auburn just built a football only practice facility. Ole Miss has had one for literally 20 years, and they are expanding it currently with a completion date set for July 2023.

You will get no argument from me about Auburn’s history compared to Ole Miss. I’m just not sure what that’s worth. Do kids born in 2004 know or care who Bo Jackson is? Shit some of those kids don’t know who Cam Newton is. I also think it’s clear that in order for Auburn to be what they imagine themselves to be Alabama and UGA have to be down relative to their historic numbers and potential. There’s no sign of either of those programs slowing down, and even with a new SEC schedule format it seems likely that Auburn will have to play both every year. If Ole Miss ends up with any permanent opponents that aren’t Alabama or UGA, that’s a win for Ole Miss. I would argue that Ole Miss could be one of the biggest beneficiaries, if not the biggest beneficiary, of a re-worked SEC schedule.

As for program ceilings going forward, with an expanded playoff format Ole Miss would have likely been in the field twice since 2015. They would have been fighting for it this year prior to the Arkansas bed shitting. Auburn could certainly benefit from an expanded field too and maybe even at a higher clip than Ole Miss, but I’m not sure if they could make it so much more often that it’s a no brainer given their schedule as referenced above.

Last I think Kiffin covets the Alabama job. I don’t know whether the interest is mutual but you don’t get that job if you’re coaching at Auburn. He’s also a terrible fit for Auburn. He would not handle their alumni or their demands well. The guy is aloof af and that Auburn Family schtick isn’t going to appeal to him. By the way Hugh Freeze would be a perfect fit.

I don’t think that the differences between the programs are significant enough for him to take the job without a top 5 contract. I think we will know by Friday either way.

TL;DR: Has Auburn been a better job historically? Of course. Do TikTok kids care? Probably not. Will Auburn be significantly better going forward? I don’t think so but if they make Kiffin a Jimbo lite offer then he’s gone.
You're 100% about Lane coveting the Alabama job. You're also 100% that the feeling isn't mutual, outside of some fans. When Lane was here, let's just say there is a pretty important booster who wanted to physically harm him for some of his transgressions off the field.

If Lane is all about money, I think he may be keeping an eye on what's happening in College Station.

I have a hard time believing Kiffin steps down Friday, even if he is going. I’d guess it all happens on Sunday.

Got it at 9.5. Good enough.
This will be A&Ms bowl game. The importance of it to them cant be overstated. If the players want Jimbo gone maybe they dont show up but I fully expect their best effort and LSU will just want to leave with a W. I cant lay more than a TD. I hope this cashes with ease but this has the Arkansas -3.5 feel all over it. Anything 10 or above is begging for a backdoor. Just win baby! Good luck every time they call Birmingham.

None. They are all wearing wife beaters and only smoking SPICE this week.

EDIT: my apologies when you have so much hate with little reason besides unfounded arrogance to lean on its hard to not make jokes.

This will be A&Ms bowl game. The importance of it to them cant be overstated. If the players want Jimbo gone maybe they dont show up but I fully expect their best effort and LSU will just want to leave with a W. I cant lay more than a TD. I hope this cashes with ease but this has the Arkansas -3.5 feel all over it. Anything 10 or above is begging for a backdoor. Just win baby! Good luck every time they call Birmingham.

A&M is a mess and looks ready to check in its equipment. There were 80,000+ empty seats in their stadium on Saturday and the fanbase is done with Fisher. I don't know of any signs that the team is ready to fight for him. (We'll know whether that's the case if Achane suits up.) Kelly continues to try and make statements within the conference. His team is peaking and playing for a ton while A&M looks to be playing to clean out its lockers.

We'll see. Nothing would surprise me anymore. That's both the beauty and the headache of the sport.

A&M is a mess and looks ready to check in its equipment. There were 80,000+ empty seats in their stadium on Saturday and the fanbase is done with Fisher. I don't know of any signs that the team is ready to fight for him. (We'll know whether that's the case if Achane suits up.) Kelly continues to try and make statements within the conference. His team is peaking and playing for a ton while A&M looks to be playing to clean out its lockers.

We'll see. Nothing would surprise me anymore. That's both the beauty and the headache of the sport.
It’s a tricky game for all the obvious..

TAMU has not shown much QB capacity this year with very much offense. That should spell disaster with this LSU defense.

Couldn’t agree more

Factor in expected rain in Athens. We shall see.

There’s a rumor going around that Leach may retire due to health issues. No idea how credible it is but he has had some health problems this year. Could add some chaos to the carousel.

Back