SEC Week 11 Discussion

My local does not open his lines immediately and then he opens only some on Sunday evening.

He had LSU -2.5 last night and I see it is now -3

Going back to last week for a minute, did anyone notice the line movement Saturday morning flipping from UK to dog with Mizzou -1 or even -2.5 at some places? What was that about?

Loved watching Leach folding up the chairs Saturday. Classic Leach. Auburn played with a ton of heart and I was proud of their effort. I think they’ll do so for the remainder of the year. Not exactly sure that means covers or wins, but I wouldn’t be excited about having them on my schedule now.

Loved watching Leach folding up the chairs Saturday. Classic Leach. Auburn played with a ton of heart and I was proud of their effort. I think they’ll do so for the remainder of the year. Not exactly sure that means covers or wins, but I wouldn’t be excited about having them on my schedule now.
Maybe a great opportunity on Nov 26

On the LSU/Arky game, it’s obviously a horrific spot for the Tigers.
The obvious Bama hangover at Fayetteville at 11AM
It’s also supposed to be pretty chillly

I would have to assume that Arkansas is also in a pretty bad spot. They'll have to shake off a game where they were badly outplayed in the 1H and then lost an emotional almost comeback in the 2H.

It reminds me a little of the Missouri State game for them. In that it was pretty clear that both Missouri State and Liberty took their game at Ark very seriously and Arkansas did not. Hogs got in a hole in both and tried coming back in the 2H in both. It worked vs Mizzou St, but not Liberty. They followed up the Mizzou St game with a 3 game losing streak. I guess they were having their way with A&M before that fumble at the goal line totally changed the game.

Technically it is a bad spot for LSU, but they are in the drivers seat to win the division and the on to Atlanta. I would hope that kind of accomplishment in their sight would be enough to refocus on the task at hand.

Ahhhh the sweet smell of rat poison.

Interesting storylines in the LSU Arkansas matchup. Opposing transfers playing in both secondaries. Classic let down spot for the Tigers. Kelly is gaining my trust.

Will sit back and watch how this team responds. They should win by more than a TD but we all know how difficult that is in an SEC road environment.

Multiple teams in classic bad spots. LSU as mentioned. UGA in a bad spot but I doubt it matters. Tennessee and Alabama off losses. I'd love to say Alabama responds well and just runs the ball all over Ole Miss, but O'Brien will probably call 50 pass plays.

Alabama o/u last 7 games been choppy

UUOUOUOUO Season o/u
Outside the Texas game, the away games have all gone over. Makes sense as Alabama has had about 40 penalties in those 3 road games. That's a lot of free yardage they've given up.

Connor O'Gara
@cjogara
19h

Alabama ranks No. 3 in FBS in yards/carry but No. 88 in rushing attempts/game.
I think that stat is a little misleading, but it does outline one of the main issues with the offense. Our backs just aren't 4 yards and a cloud of dust type players. And the OL needs to be a little more physical. But what we have our RBs like Gibbs and McClellan that get hit at the LOS and are tackled 3 or 4 times in a row, but then they break a 20 yard play.

My PR lines:

Tenn -21
LSU -7
Kentucky -15
Alabama -9.5
Florida -7.5
UGA -16.5
AU -3

So glad to see where you have lsu, I thought I maybe lost my mind cause I have lsu-10 on a neutral, couldn’t believe this line is -3, anything less than -7 feels like a ton of value on lsu, if they can stay focused and not let down I think they win by at least a td.

Is Jefferson definitely starting for ARK?

Liking lsu I’m just assuming yes and he healthy enough,, I don’t wanna like a play cause there a chance the opposing qb isn’t at his best, doesn’t hurt my feelings there that possibility but I’m not counting on it. I listened to little bit of Brian Kelly press conference this week, i loved his answers and pretty much what I expected lsu mindset to be. Just gotta hope that message has reseated with the team and they not feeling a little high and mighty after beating bama and realize they came to lsu to win ships not celebrate beating bama! I assume they had good practices this week but I don’t know that for sure, just liked Kelly answers.

11AM. Road game. Adverse weather. Letdown potential. Piss poor special teams. Habitual slow/bad start.

If one removes the success of last week from LSUs résumé all of the above factor in to the equation. If i were overly confident I would be more concerned. But like last week Im cautiously optimistic about a potential victory. A player like McGlothern could factor heavily with a huge game. Ashford and Richardson both had success and one could argue Jefferson is consistently better than both of them.
Its the SEC, the -3 is closer to accurate than -10 IMO. If it opened -5/6 I would probably be more optimistic. Pretty crazy how the psychology of it works.

11AM. Road game. Adverse weather. Letdown potential. Piss poor special teams. Habitual slow/bad start.

If one removes the success of last week from LSUs résumé all of the above factor in to the equation. If i were overly confident I would be more concerned. But like last week Im cautiously optimistic about a potential victory. A player like McGlothern could factor heavily with a huge game. Ashford and Richardson both had success and one could argue Jefferson is consistently better than both of them.
Its the SEC, the -3 is closer to accurate than -10 IMO. If it opened -5/6 I would probably be more optimistic. Pretty crazy how the psychology of it works.
The weather can really be a factor for me, as well as the 11AM

Arkansas has had a pretty rough schedule. It’s super bowl time for them for the boot

I don't understand how UF can be a TD+ favorite right now. Gators have a nice advantage at QB but not close to being sold on the D (even after one great half vs A&M). Also, right now, I'd label Beamer the better gameday coach...Billy has been way too conservative managing end of 1st half/chances to put the "game away" and weirdly aggressive at other times. The D, until 2nd half last week (but it was against a backup QB), has been horrible all-around.
It is Senior Day & Gators are recognizing "all seniors" (even guys with eligibility in 2023)...they'll have tons of player turnover before the bowl game. Hell, it seriously looks like Billy's main goal for 2022 (beside securing a top 5 2023 recruiting class) was to figure out who's with him/who's "against him" and replace those players ASAP.

Don't believe I've ever bet against my Gators (and won't here) but simply can't envision more than a one score victory...31-27 #Gators.

Last edited:
I don't understand how UF can be a TD+ favorite right now. Gators have a nice advantage at QB but not close to being sold on the D (even after one great half vs A&M). Also, right now, I'd label Beamer the better gameday coach...Billy has been way too conservative managing end of 1st half/chances to put the "game away" and weirdly aggressive at other times. The D, until 2nd half last week (but it was against a backup QB), has been horrible all-around.
It is Senior Day & Gators are recognizing "all seniors" (even guys with eligibility in 2023)...they'll have tons of player turnover before the bowl game. Hell, it seriously looks like Billy's main goal for 2022 (beside securing a top 5 2023 recruiting class) was to figure out who's with him/who's "against him" and replace those players ASAP.

Don't believe I've ever bet against my Gators (and won't here) but simply can't envision more than a one score victory...31-27 #Gators.

I assume it is mostly a bad PR for South Carolina as most have not liked their team all year, sometimes with good reason (Mizzou game for instance) and last week several liked Vandy vs them.

SCar and the pts is how I'm going.

Revenge for Florida to the extent that matters? Likely doesn't.

-10 would be neutral, obviously at arky more like 6/7. Last week didht change a lot for me, loved lsu last week and thought they could def win that game. I don’t think Arkansas is very good, whether Jefferson healthy or not lsu still has the better qb imo, hogs defense has been god awful to the point you can pretty much run all over the 3-3-5 if you want or pass on them cause they don’t have the dudes in the secondary this year. Do I love the chilly temps? Not exactly, I think it obvious who the more talented team is so worse weather prob favors the dog but I think lsu d will make it tough for ark run game so we see. Clearly the letdown a factor, it why there value in this line if you trust them to be thinking about bigger things than simply beating bama which I think the goal at lsu; maybe they hung over I just choose to think Kelly good enough and the goals at lsu not to beat any one team but to win championships so they should have expected to win last week and act like it, we. see tho, judging the mentality of a group of 20 year olds ain’t exactly my strength.

The weather can really be a factor for me, as well as the 11AM

Arkansas has had a pretty rough schedule. It’s super bowl time for them for the boot

I don’t love the weather, lsu sos has been stronger than hogs and even the crappy teams arky has beat have mostly scored a bunch of points on them. That d has lost a lot from a year ago and even then they were awful after halftimes as teams seem to crush Odem when it comes to in game adjustments. This year he doesn’t seem to have the guys to even be tough for the 1st half. Im a huge Kelly fan so obviously I been on lsu a lot as I expected them to get better as the season wore on but this really is just as much about how bad I think hogs are. Like I seriously think they gonna be in a huge battle at mizzou to even make a bowl this year.

Back