SEC Week 11 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Onto the week that causes me to develop stomach ulcers. Hate having to play LSU in Baton Rouge. Great for the conference, bad for my stomach lining and liver:

Alabama (-6'/45') @ LSU

UGA (-10/57') @ UK

Ole Miss () v Presbyterian

aTm (+21'/67') @ AU

Miss St () v UT-Martin

UF (-14'/45') @ Vandy

BYE: Arkansas, Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina

Discuss....

Last edited:
Situations of note:

UGA sandwich game between UF and AU, their two biggest rivals; how does UGA bounce back after a humiliating defeat that ended their playoff chances?

Alabama and LSU off of byes, last road game of season for Alabama

AU sandwich between road trips to Ole Miss and UGA, overlook aTm given their last 2 performances?

Miss St week before going to Alabama, doubt it matters against UT-Martin

UF renewed? 2 winnable SEC games left, and the East is still in play

UK 6th of 8 straight tough game. Get a dejected/angry UGA squad

Vanderbilt still sucks

I hit UGA at open. They're still not an awful team. Had a few things go against them and UF played their best game of the year. I see this being similar to the Mizzou and Arky games. UGA still very much in play for the East. I think the playoffs are and should be off the table for UGA as they have 2 very bad losses. Regardless of your wins, you should not get in the playoffs with 2 bad losses

I hit UGA at open. They're still not an awful team. Had a few things go against them and UF played their best game of the year. I see this being similar to the Mizzou and Arky games. UGA still very much in play for the East. I think the playoffs are and should be off the table for UGA as they have 2 very bad losses. Regardless of your wins, you should not get in the playoffs with 2 bad losses

UGA has a reputation as soft on defense, and it played out Saturday. Despite the multiple disasters at QB recruiting, UF has some really talented RBs. Not sure UK has the horses to do the same to UGA as UF did. UGA bounces back pretty well from losses in the last few seasons, especially against inferior opponents. UK was a nice story the first 5-6 weeks, but they are a still a mid to low tier SEC East team, which makes them a borderline bowl candidate. Like UGA right now, only drawbacks being a road game and AU on deck

Will have interest in the over at Aubbie and the under at Tiger stadium.
We'll see tomorrow.

Tenn Martin allows 5.9 per play and State hung 55 on them when they last played in 2011. I will be interested in the Martin team total, as Mullen will want to stay healthy. Fight in a phone booth at Tiger stadium come Sat night and agree with Pressitup on looking for an under.

Serious question: What happens if a two loss Georgia team beats the one loss SEC W winner -- Georgia go to playoff and the two loss teams from SEC W get shut out?

Right now, I think we assume FSU and Oregon are in if they run the table.......then Georgia and either a one loss B10 or B12 winner?

Serious question: What happens if a two loss Georgia team beats the one loss SEC W winner -- Georgia go to playoff and the two loss teams from SEC W get shut out?

Right now, I think we assume FSU and Oregon are in if they run the table.......then Georgia and either a one loss B10 or B12 winner?

I think the committee would have an interesting discussion about it. I think it may depend on who the West runner up is. If it's Miss St and their only loss is a close one at Alabama (1 loss SEC West champ), then I think they might get the nod over UGA. If the West runner up has 2 losses, then it's UGA for sure.

At this point, I can't see the SEC getting 2 teams in. The only way is if AU wins out but doesn't play for SEC Championship, AND there's another loss for 3 of PAC12, Big12, B1G, ND champs. A loss for FSU also likely keeps them(FSU) out IMO

I think the committee would have an interesting discussion about it. I think it may depend on who the West runner up is. If it's Miss St and their only loss is a close one at Alabama (1 loss SEC West champ), then I think they might get the nod over UGA. If the West runner up has 2 losses, then it's UGA for sure.

At this point, I can't see the SEC getting 2 teams in. The only way is if AU wins out but doesn't play for SEC Championship, AND there's another loss for 3 of PAC12, Big12, B1G, ND champs. A loss for FSU also likely keeps them(FSU) out IMO

Do you think a 2-Loss Bama/Auburn/Messy/Miss gets in over a 1 loss ACC Champion FSU? Personally I don't

Do you think a 2-Loss Bama/Auburn/Messy/Miss gets in over a 1 loss ACC Champion FSU? Personally I don't

I think when it's all said and done, FSU will have the lowest SOS (probably by a lot) of the 4 contenders, so I could see the committee keeping them out, but probably not for a 2 loss non-SEC Champ. But if Alabama wins out, and Miss St only loses to Alabama, I could see them putting MSU in over FSU. Same for if AU and Miss St both win out and MSU wins SEC. So I guess I'm saying a 2 loss team isn't getting in over 1 loss FSU, but a 1 loss SEC team might if the cards all fall the right way. I wouldn't underestimate the human element in this screwing FSU.

If messy st and auburn win out then uga wins sec, two sec teams get in. Otherwise, most likely one IMO. My question is what if uga loses another reg season game and they or florida or mizzou win the sec champ? What do u do with 1 or 2 loss sec west team? Probably ranked 1 or 2 going into the game? Where do u put them?

I think when it's all said and done, FSU will have the lowest SOS (probably by a lot) of the 4 contenders, so I could see the committee keeping them out, but probably not for a 2 loss non-SEC Champ. But if Alabama wins out, and Miss St only loses to Alabama, I could see them putting MSU in over FSU. Same for if AU and Miss St both win out and MSU wins SEC. So I guess I'm saying a 2 loss team isn't getting in over 1 loss FSU, but a 1 loss SEC team might if the cards all fall the right way. I wouldn't underestimate the human element in this screwing FSU.

I agree with all of that

If FSU's one loss is to Florida, I think you may see a 2 loss SEC team get in over them

SEC Week in review:

UGA lost badly to a non-option team that went 3-6 for 27 yds in the air. Guess some of the commentary on UGA being the best team in the SEC/Country was a tad premature

Watched nearly the entire AU-Ole Miss game. Heartbreaking for the Rebs. And how many more ways can AU find to win a game? AU's defense is not good, but if you can't tackle Marshall, he can extend the play long enough for one of the WR to get so wide open, he won't miss. Their offense looks to be coming together at the right time. Ole Miss' schedule and injuries finally caught up to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 1-2 more

Watched the final quarter+OT in Columbia. As good as AU has been late in games, SC has been equally bad. And what took Butch Jones so long to put Dobbs in? UT is trending in the right direction to contend for the East next season. Wouldn't be shocked to see the OBC hang it up after this season

Saw bits and pieces of MSU-Ark. Kind of like the Alabama game, Ark kept it close, but couldn't make a play when it counts. Not sure they get a conf win this season, but it sure seems like they deserve one

Watched some of aTm. Seemed like a lethargic effort combined with a true freshman QB making first start and them not being very good. Speedy Noil is pretty awesome though. Nice for AU to be getting a true freshman QB making his first road start for a second time this season

What did you think it would be? It was 9.5 last week. I'll never lay more than a FG on Alabama in BR, but on paper, this should be a DD line IMO

I just think it is a quick way to the poor house.....

But I do not make lines:shake:

SEC Week in review:

UGA lost badly to a non-option team that went 3-6 for 27 yds in the air. Guess some of the commentary on UGA being the best team in the SEC/Country was a tad premature

Watched nearly the entire AU-Ole Miss game. Heartbreaking for the Rebs. And how many more ways can AU find to win a game? AU's defense is not good, but if you can't tackle Marshall, he can extend the play long enough for one of the WR to get so wide open, he won't miss. Their offense looks to be coming together at the right time. Ole Miss' schedule and injuries finally caught up to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost 1-2 more

Watched the final quarter+OT in Columbia. As good as AU has been late in games, SC has been equally bad. And what took Butch Jones so long to put Dobbs in? UT is trending in the right direction to contend for the East next season. Wouldn't be shocked to see the OBC hang it up after this season

Saw bits and pieces of MSU-Ark. Kind of like the Alabama game, Ark kept it close, but couldn't make a play when it counts. Not sure they get a conf win this season, but it sure seems like they deserve one

Watched some of aTm. Seemed like a lethargic effort combined with a true freshman QB making first start and them not being very good. Speedy Noil is pretty awesome though. Nice for AU to be getting a true freshman QB making his first road start for a second time this season
he is a turd

and no I am not bitter....he would be a turd in BR too

I just think it is a quick way to the poor house.....

But I do not make lines:shake:

Don't disagree. MOV since '08 in the series is 3, 9, 3, 3, 21, 4, 21. At BR is 3, 3, 4.

Rankings for this game since '08: AL: 1, 3, 5, 2, 2, 1, 1. LSU: 15, 9, 12, 1, 1, 5, 10

AL is 5-2 in that span, think 3-4 ATS, don't remember '08 line

Allen's a freshman.
It's just a placeholder until Kyler Murray gets there.
Of course I said that about Kenny . But I could not foresee that meltdown.

Allen's a freshman.
It's just a placeholder until Kyler Murray gets there.
Of course I said that about Kenny . But I could not foresee that meltdown.

What's the story on Kenny? Did he not take being demoted well? Any truth to the rumors of him being dragged out of the bar shitfaced before the Alabama road trip? I'll say this, KH's fall from grace was faster that Geno Smith's a few years ago

I have nothing other than the message board fodder.
In Summlin's post game news conference, he said ".......we met with the family last night".
I've heard everything from the event you mention to showing up drunk at practice.
Ags can be no different than anyone else when hammering someone on a message board.

One of my favorites.
I heard he threw a fit about being benched, but it was incomplete.

The "family" comment seems to fit with a lot of speculation that he could be done.

I have nothing other than the message board fodder.
In Summlin's post game news conference, he said ".......we met with the family last night".
I've heard everything from the event you mention to showing up drunk at practice.
Ags can be no different than anyone else when hammering someone on a message board.

One of my favorites.
I heard he threw a fit about being benched, but it was incomplete.

The "family" comment seems to fit with a lot of speculation that he could be done.

feel bad for how he had to handle the spotlight put on him by ESPN after one game against what's turned out to be a major disappointment whom experts believed to be good. Problem is his dad being a successful athlete you'd think he would have helped his son handle it way better...

And lol at the Kenny Trill trademark

Can you update us on Germain Ifedi and Deshazor Everett?
“Deshazor has a ruptured ligament in his elbow. He’s iffy for this weekend. I don’t think he’s going to practice this week. It’s a very, very painful situation. I don’t know where he’s going to be. He’s played enough football where if he can go he’ll go, but he’ll have to brace that to see. Germain has a grade two MCL sprain. On bigger guys, that’s a problem. I wouldn’t look to see him for the remainder of the regular season. We’ll probably get him back for the bowl game. You saw us scramble a bit. We moved Ced (Ogbuehi) to right tackle and moved Jarvis (Harrison) out of guard to left tackle, and we went with (Garrett) Gramling and (Joe) Cheek inside there. That’s where we are. That’s no different than a lot of people this year. We’ve been very fortunate around here to play with the same five guys a bunch. Jarvis will have to play tackle and play very, very well, and he’s capable of that.”

Word is Yeldon may not play -- anyone know one way or another, or is this an unknown at this point?

Can't wait for this game.....

Yeldon is expected to play, as is Cam Robinson, barring any setbacks

Tough week to get a read on. I think I lean underdogs in all of the lined games so far, though I would be terrified to actually put dollars on aTm. Something really strange about that game being opened at 14' or whatever it was released at. AU's defense isn't all that good, but aTm offense looked brutal last week against ULM. AU should be able to name their number on offense. Only things supporting an Aggie play are situational: AU off hard-fought (lucky as shit) win, have huge rivalry game on deck, possible overlook of aTm given their recent slide. Not sure it's enough for me to back them. Will look at team totals or maybe a half time wager.

I think Alabama is likely 10-14 points better than LSU on paper, but I'll never lay more than a FG in Baton Rouge.

It seems like UK is the bet, but I have a feeling they are tired and UGA has to be looking to put last week's effort behind them. I know I said I lean underdogs, but could only back UGA here. If it drops below 10, I'll take a long hard look

After last week's season defining win, I expect UF to put up an uninspired effort and dick around with Vandy. Something like a 20-6 win. Under is only wager of interest to me. Can't make myself bet on the 'Dores

Below are some of the biggest 2015 in-state prospects visiting this weekend who are not currently committed to LSU. The number listed after the player’s school indicates his ranking on our list of Top LA Prospects for 2015. Please note that this list is NOT all-inclusive and several other in-state targets will be visiting as well.
Tyron Johnson (WR, 6-1, 185, Warren Easton, No. 1)
Jerry Tillery (OT, 6-7, 325, Evangel, Notre Dame commit, No. 4)
Donte Jackson (ATH, 5-11, 175, Riverdale, No. 7)
Daylon Charlot (WR, 6-1, 182, Patterson, Alabama commit, No. 11)
Oshea Dugas (OT, 6-5, 300, Northside, No. 22)
And here are some of the biggest 2015 out-of-state targets not currently committed to LSU who will be visiting this weekend. An asterisk indicates an “official visit.”
Cordell Broadus (WR, 6-2, 195, Las Vegas, NV)
*Matthew Burrell (OT, 6-5, 302, Woodbridge, VA)
Deon Cain (ATH/QB, 6-1, 190, Tampa, FL, Clemson commit)
Rasool Clemons (DE, 6-6, 212, Aiken, SC, Virginia commit)
Cece Jefferson (DE, 6-2, 250, Glen St. Mary, FL)
*Malik Jefferson (LB, 6-2, 215, Mesquite, TX)
Arden Key (DE, 6-5, 230, Lithonia, GA, South Carolina commit)
Leo Lewis (LB, 6-3, 235, Brookhaven, MS, Ole Miss commit)
Damarkus Lodge (WR, 6-2.5, 190, Cedar Hills, TX)
Daylon Mack (DT, 6-1, 330, Gladewater, TX, Texas A&M commit)
Kyle Phillips (DE, 6-4, 258, Nashville, TN)
Kendall Sheffield (CB, 6-0, 180, Missouri City, TX)
*William Sweet (OT, 6-5, 280, Jacksonville, FL, N. Carolina commit)
Garrett Taylor (ATH, 6-1, 195, Richmond, VA)
Adonis Thomas (LB, 6-3, 230, Lawrenceville, GA)

I think you will see JJ @ QB at some point in thst game. He and Rock Thompson should be able to keep AU's interest going once they establish a lead. If Aggies can muster 17-24, over can be had. Have to ask how much A&M can contribute. AU's D can certainly be had.

I could see Aubbie put up as much as Bama. It shouldn't take much for us to score something.
Last week being what it was. Brandon Williams was in the dog house. They used the tight end quite a bit for protection. Some limited playbook. If they will block, we could see a different QB in Allen. Holds true for many teams, I know.
Someone on the message boards asked "When will we know" , referring to what happened to totally tank the season.
Some hilarious responses.
Coach has to motivate somehow. The defense has some good recruits coming in, I'm sure there is wavering at this point.

I could see Aubbie put up as much as Bama. It shouldn't take much for us to score something.
Last week being what it was. Brandon Williams was in the dog house. They used the tight end quite a bit for protection. Some limited playbook. If they will block, we could see a different QB in Allen. Holds true for many teams, I know.
Someone on the message boards asked "When will we know" , referring to what happened to totally tank the season.
Some hilarious responses.
Coach has to motivate somehow. The defense has some good recruits coming in, I'm sure there is wavering at this point.

Auburn's secondary can make anyone look like Joe Montana, and i think the team total of 23-ish is certainly obtainable. I have no interest in this game at all fwiw. Good luck.

Iron Bowl will be good like usual

cant wait for Sat night

GPS3 you see alll the kids goin Sat night?

Iron Bowl will be good like usual

cant wait for Sat night

GPS3 you see alll the kids goin Sat night?

I don't follow recruiting like I used to, but I assume this game will always be a who's who of southeastern recruits

Back