SEC Week 10 Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
Week 10 games w/ PR:

Florida vs UGA (-6.5)
Vandy @ Miss St (-14)
aTm @ SC (+7)
Tenn @ Arky (-2)

In UGA/Florida, the last 14 years the team that has the most rushing yards has won. Florida maybe a little thin on the d-line after Saturday?

Uga gonna try and run all day, but damn, Bennett has been awful. The game Sat vs UK was borderline unwatchable.

Lean FLA....we all know the obvious weakness with both teams.

This would be a huge huge win for Mullen.
A week removed from a huge brawl. That was serious( I love it honestly).
Then he pumps the crowd and THEN gives the post game in Darth Vader costume, full mask.

AFTER saying fuck Covid basically.

Nuts on the line here.

I’m pulling for him haha.....and I’m NO FLA fan lol

Seems like Florida is due to win that game.
I'd be very concerned as a UGA backer with the injury situation, especially on the defense. Just like with Alabama, and LSU last year, if this turns into a shootout, I don't think UGA has a chance. They probably need to keep this game in the 20's minimum to win

I am gonna be looking hard at the Total for Ark/Vols....

why are Razorbacks dogs? That kinda concerns me cause everything points to me like they the more likely winner. Is perception on them still bad after covering 5 straight or is it something else? Granted 2 of the 3 vols recent skid were bama and Uga but getting waxed by uk in between doesn’t look good, was that just the spot? I’d think that would have been the game to focus on of those 3?

Vandy +19.5......Miss St has scored 30 total points in their last 4 games.....Kylin Hill just opted out as have several others.....Leach isn't happy....the players aren't happy....

How can they possibly be thrilled to play Vandy?

A repeat of last week, I would think.

Yep. I finally got a long look at Vandy against the Rebs, and they're not sniffing a conference win. State needs a get right game in the worst way. From an Xs and Os standpoint, I think Mason is competent enough to scheme the Air Raid, but the other necessary ingredient to shutting it down is athletes that are capable of making tackles in space. I just watched Elijah Moore do whatever he wanted against Vandy's defense, and while State doesn't have an Elijah Moore on the roster, their offensive talent is far superior to Vandy's defensive talent.

On the other side of the ball, I think it's worth pointing out that Vandy has scored 47 points all season. 47. While State's offense has been inept outside of the LSU game, their defense isn't bad. The 3-3-5 stack is a weird look, and Vandy's Freshman QB almost certainly hasn't ever seen it.

Leach is weird and stubborn as hell, but he isn't stupid. The natives are restless in Starkville, and he badly needs a win - and not just a 20-13 win. He needs to win big. If State can get in to the 30s, and I think they will, they should cover comfortably.

Not saying y’all are wrong on Messy St, but....

Seems really toxic

Meaning y’all could be totally right or it’s a Vandy outright. And I never never say these types of things as I hate that tone.....but this one seems the case

Yep. I finally got a long look at Vandy against the Rebs, and they're not sniffing a conference win. State needs a get right game in the worst way. From an Xs and Os standpoint, I think Mason is competent enough to scheme the Air Raid, but the other necessary ingredient to shutting it down is athletes that are capable of making tackles in space. I just watched Elijah Moore do whatever he wanted against Vandy's defense, and while State doesn't have an Elijah Moore on the roster, their offensive talent is far superior to Vandy's defensive talent.

On the other side of the ball, I think it's worth pointing out that Vandy has scored 47 points all season. 47. While State's offense has been inept outside of the LSU game, their defense isn't bad. The 3-3-5 stack is a weird look, and Vandy's Freshman QB almost certainly hasn't ever seen it.

Leach is weird and stubborn as hell, but he isn't stupid. The natives are restless in Starkville, and he badly needs a win - and not just a 20-13 win. He needs to win big. If State can get in to the 30s, and I think they will, they should cover comfortably.

I doubt I’m touching this game either way but I think I agree more with this take, im all for some dd dogs but I have no interest putting money on vandy.

Miss State has scored 30 points combined their last 4 games and 278 ypg on O avg

Vandy has scored 47 points combined in their last 4 (their only 4) games and 297 ypg on O avg

Which team has the worse offense again?

Miss State has scored 30 points combined their last 4 games and 278 ypg on O avg

Vandy has scored 47 points combined in their last 4 (their only 4) games and 297 ypg on O avg

I'm a sucker for betting the vandy's. Not sure this week

why are Razorbacks dogs? That kinda concerns me cause everything points to me like they the more likely winner. Is perception on them still bad after covering 5 straight or is it something else? Granted 2 of the 3 vols recent skid were bama and Uga but getting waxed by uk in between doesn’t look good, was that just the spot? I’d think that would have been the game to focus on of those 3?

UT had a bye. Perhaps they got some things ironed out. Remember they started out 2-5 last year and then won out. I'm not betting the vols because of their quarterback but it's rather interesting they're favored on the road against a team with decent form when UT is coming off three straight losses.

Tennessee must have slightly higher PR and the market agrees enough to not flip it to Ark minus...I assume?

Both teams are 2-3. Ark lost by 27 to UGA, Tenn lost by 23...with UGA smashing both in the second half. Ark doesn't have any bad losses like Tenn has vs Kentucky. Maybe Franks and Guarantano aren't that much different? Talent and personnel advantage Vols? Vols running game going to have success?

I don't know, I'd rather have Arkansas even though it feels wrong. Tennessee feels like the contrarian thing to do in games like this with lines like this.

Arkansas is just fucking gritty bunch of overachieving try hard dudes.

Tennessee must have slightly higher PR and the market agrees enough to not flip it to Ark minus...I assume?

Both teams are 2-3. Ark lost by 27 to UGA, Tenn lost by 23...with UGA smashing both in the second half. Ark doesn't have any bad losses like Tenn has vs Kentucky. Maybe Franks and Guarantano aren't that much different? Talent and personnel advantage Vols? Vols running game going to have success?

I don't know, I'd rather have Arkansas even though it feels wrong. Tennessee feels like the contrarian thing to do in games like this with lines like this.

Arkansas is just fucking gritty bunch of overachieving try hard dudes.

I just don’t like when I spend so much time on one and can’t figure out why a line where it is. I prefer knowing and disagreeing. To me the numbers and matchup screamed arky, think I’ve decided to just pass but we see how I feel when by that point in the day! Lol. Maybe I’m just overthinking it, although I hate that term it could be accurate.

Interesting 4 game sample.

In that stretch State played: Bama A&M UK Arkansas

Vandy played: SCar Ole Miss LSU and A&M

Is there any doubt about who faced the better defenses over that stretch?

True. There is no doubt those are better defensive units. Not sure Vandy would've done any worse vs them though.

I ended up taking Gators and Vols. No interest in the other 2, though I lean Aggies. No Pickens for UGA means that offense has almost no downfield weapons, and I think Florida will be able to score enough to force UGA to be uncomfortable. Lots of good thoughts on Tenn/Arky above, I think the bye week for Tenn will be the difference and Ark no longer can sneak up on teams. Though I fully recognize the possibility that Guarantano throws 3 picks and Ark wins by double digits

I ended up taking Gators and Vols. No interest in the other 2, though I lean Aggies. No Pickens for UGA means that offense has almost no downfield weapons, and I think Florida will be able to score enough to force UGA to be uncomfortable. Lots of good thoughts on Tenn/Arky above, I think the bye week for Tenn will be the difference and Ark no longer can sneak up on teams. Though I fully recognize the possibility that Guarantano throws 3 picks and Ark wins by double digits

On the Vols heavy. Maybe they can make up for my shit State take. Jesus they’re bad.

I’ve got nothing left emotionally here. I like Mullen. I’m glad he won.

I hate fucking FLA Gators tho. See y’all the 12th

Also we now know Messy St shouldn’t lay that number anywhere anyhow unless Dak is QB

And I mean zero disrespect to my boy Grove. He’s the homie

Also we now know Messy St shouldn’t lay that number anywhere anyhow unless Dak is QB

And I mean zero disrespect to my boy Grove. He’s the homie

No, you’re absolutely right. Leach got out coached by Mason tonight. Let that sink in. If Vandy holds on to the ball then they win outright.

Last edited:
And then how about Arky?!

League played out kinda how we thought.....

Except one. Holy FUCK South Carolina!!!

I’m literally pissing down my leg looking at the rest of the LSU Tiger schedule

Back