SEC Season Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
SEC schedule was released yesterday and it feels good to be able to discuss "normal" stuff. If possible, would like to keep this thread strictly to capping as if everything will go as planned.

Whoops, wrong schedule

sked.jpg

First thoughts on schedule for each team:

Alabama: Weird seeing AU not in the last slot. Pretty favorable in terms of home/away split and tougher opponents being spread out. Playing the Air Raid on Halloween after UGA and Tenn may be tough.

Arkansas: I see 0-10, depending on the Mississippi schools and Mizzou. Tough draw for Pittman

AU: Toughest last 3 games of any of the contenders for the conference title. UK could be sneaky tough game week 1, especially with UGA on deck and an inexperienced OL

Florida: Looks pretty manageable, love having them play UT the last game

UGA: The new offense better come together in a hurry, because that AU, UT, and Alabama stretch games 2-4 is tough

UK: Pretty manageable for being mid-tier SEC, though I could see anywhere from 3 wins to maybe 7

LSU: Seems to be an ideal opening 3 weeks to get the offense in sync after losing so much from last year. Think it definitely sets up well for them, just depends on the hangover from last year.

Ole Miss: Part of a recurring theme of this schedule is that they did not do any of the new staffs any favors in week 1. I think they will be a typical Lane Kiffin team in that they will scare someone, maybe beat them, but also lose a head-scratcher or two

Miss St: How good can they be with such a huge shift in philosophy and not having a spring to practice? I see a tough year for the pirate, though I'd much rather play them early than late

Mizzou: Brutal 4 of 5 game stretch to start the new era. I think the new coach is in over his head

SCAR: Another brutal 4 of 5 for a staff that needs to make something happen if they are going to be there next season

Tennessee: Manageable schedule for the team that most are picking to take the next step. Probably the first time in a decade I've worried about losing to them as an Alabama guy

aTm: Jimbo has to beat one of Alabama, Florida, AU or LSU to cool off his seat, doesn't he? Or is he safe for another year even with 5-5 or 6-4?

Vandy: 0-10

SEC schedule was released yesterday and it feels good to be able to discuss "normal" stuff. If possible, would like to keep this thread strictly to capping as if everything will go as planned.
All of this.

Bryant-Denny Stadium will be at 20% capacity this season. Can't wait to see what tickets go for on secondary market

bama , then gators
Trying to make sure the Ags are out of it before the season gets started.
I don't like aubbie for last game.

Boy, win the natty, have the #1 pick, get a 4 game "ease into the season" sched.

Add another conf game and let's do it ever year.
They'll be some great games .

bama , then gators
Trying to make sure the Ags are out of it before the season gets started.
I don't like aubbie for last game.

Boy, win the natty, have the #1 pick, get a 4 game "ease into the season" sched.

Add another conf game and let's do it ever year.
They'll be some great games .
You know it my brother. Couldn’t ask for better for LSU honestly. Kinda like Ole Piss last change it up

You know it my brother. Couldn’t ask for better for LSU honestly. Kinda like Ole Piss last change it up
You crushed my troll?
I tried so hard to word it just so.

Congrats either way, I don't care who wins/loses just give me SEC competition every week.

Would think 5 or at least 4.5 for win total. Looking at the schedule, there’s at least 5 that they will close as favorites in right now (SCar, Missouri, UK, Arkansas, Vandy)

Until they get a QB, they gonna struggle.

Was liking the Vols Week 1 a lot, but a lot of rumors of some key guys being way behind the 8 ball on reps due to contact tracing.

Mizzou has 14 players out Covid, Covid tracing. All will mis Alabama game. Sounds like entire 2 deep o line is out. So a third team o line installing new system with new qb vs Bama.

Back