SEC Rivalry Week

My PR #s:

Ole Miss -12.5
Mizzou -12
LSU -14.5
Alabama -16
Tenn -20.5

And I know we'll talk about it next week, but I currently have UGA -3 in the SECCG. Not sure there's much that can happen this week that will change that

Clemson -7

Clemson is in a great momentum spot and the pass D is playing lights-out. In the last three weeks Clemson held both Sam Hartman (in his 56th career start) and Drake Maye to career lows in pass efficiency rating. Last three opponents all under 44% completions.

Last edited:
I need to get some clarification regarding injuries on the Ole Miss OL, but it sounds like State has Kiffin's full attention. He admitted that they ran through the Mississippi State install last week prior to the ULM game.

Also just a reminder - last year Ole Miss ran 90+ plus plays on the road at Arkansas in an 8 pm kick in freezing conditions and then turned around and played State on a short week with rumors swirling about Kiffin to Auburn. Meanwhile State played ETSU at 11 am at home.

This year Ole Miss played ULM at home at 11 am while State rolled out a banged up Rogers and Marks to hold off Southern Miss.

I'm thinking about the unthinkable.

Last edited:
Clemson -7

Clemson is in a great momentum spot and the pass D is playing lights-out. In the last three weeks Clemson held both Sam Hartman (in his 56th career start) and Drake Maye to career lows in pass efficiency rating. Last three opponents all under 44% completions.
Definitely lean Clemson

Does Florida have any chance now that Travis is out? Sounds like both backups are different type of QBs than the guys they replace. The FSU kid has some experience from last season right? Could be a big win for Napier, regardless of the circumstances

I need to get some clarification regarding injuries on the Ole Miss OL, but it sounds like State has Kiffin's full attention. He admitted that they ran through the Mississippi State install last week prior to the ULM game.

Also just a reminder - last year Ole Miss ran 90+ plus plays on the road at Arkansas in an 8 pm kick in freezing conditions and then turned around and played State on a short week with rumors swirling about Kiffin to Auburn. Meanwhile State played ETSU at 11 am at home.

This year Ole Miss played ULM at home at 11 am while State rolled out a banged up Rogers and Marks to hold off Southern Miss.

I'm thinking about the unthinkable.
ole piss by 50 ? ........how does lane not roll these guys

Does Florida have any chance now that Travis is out? Sounds like both backups are different type of QBs than the guys they replace. The FSU kid has some experience from last season right? Could be a big win for Napier, regardless of the circumstances
backup won a game from behind at louisville last year at primetime he can play

i think value on fsu now under 7

backup won a game from behind at louisville last year at primetime he can play

i think value on fsu now under 7
Right. Travis went out with an injury in the 2Q with FSU trailing Louisville 21-14. Rodemaker threw two 4Q TD passes, the latter making it 35-31 FSU with 8:00 left. That was the final score.

Clemson -7

Any hesitation with Clemson being on the road MW? All that momentum has been at home. 3 of the 4 road games this year were bad, especially the last 2. I really want to jump on Clemson this week but they've found ways to kill themselves on the road.

I think we are all thinking this, right?

Any hesitation with Clemson being on the road MW? All that momentum has been at home. 3 of the 4 road games this year were bad, especially the last 2. I really want to jump on Clemson this week but they've found ways to kill themselves on the road.
Nope. It's a huge advantage for Clemson to be on the road in this one.

Nope. It's a huge advantage for Clemson to be on the road in this one.
Explain this to me. Not disagreeing, just wondering why it's an advantage. I already lean Clemson, maybe I should be adding to my bet

The number keeps crashing so I'm going to wait. I assume the Chris Low tweet about Dart not practicing yesterday is influencing the market. Maybe not. I have no doubt that Dart will start. None.
Appreciate the info, as always

The number keeps crashing so I'm going to wait. I assume the Chris Low tweet about Dart not practicing yesterday is influencing the market. Maybe not. I have no doubt that Dart will start. None.

On Monday night, ESPN’s Chris Low reported that Dart was banged up in last week’s contest against UL-Monroe and did not practice on Monday night, leaving his status up in the air for Thursday’s game.

On Tuesday, Dart’s father Brandon disputed that report, tweeting the following:

“That’s weird! I was at practice and can confirm Jaxson taking his regular reps. Carry on, there is no need to wait!”

Iron Bowl thoughts:

There is no area where AU has an advantage in this game, other than home field. I'm not sure how to cap the NMSU loss, as I can make an argument either way, but I think I land on it being a negative for AU. Anecdotally, the AU folks I know have zero hope or enthusiasm for this game. I get the Jordan-Hare voodoo angle, but those 5 AU teams that have beaten a Saban Alabama team have won at minimum 9 games, and 3 of them (2 at home) won the SEC West. This is the second worst AU team in that span and outside of multiple Alabama miscues, I don't see much of a path to AU scoring more than 17. If NMSU was able to bully AU around in the trenches, I think Alabama can have similar success. I think a bet on AU is a bet on the HFA and the seemingly weird things that happen in this game, but I don't think this AU team is good enough. I'm not sure I've ever predicted a Bama cover at AU, but I think we win this something like 38-10, 41-13. I'll be here to eat my crow if I'm wrong lol. I got Alabama -13.5

Other SEC games,

I'm taking Florida
LSU, LSU TT Over, and game over
UGA
Clemson
Louisville
Tenn/Vandy under

Back