SEC gurus...explain to me Bama -3......

redbearde

Pretty much a regular
it's at -3 at 5dimes....

Seems like a very juicy number. WTF am I missing, cus there's got to be something...

good to know I'm not the only one vexed......someone tell me why when Bama has one the last 1,542 in a row, they've got a ton of talent back...AND a great CFB coach in Saban shows up...

why no more than a FG?

I haven't looked at the game. I got a great scouting report via two poeple last week on Vandy. The line was set at 5 so it would have been 11 at Alabama...

A lot of any of peoples early thoughts is name recognition.

I am going to look into this a bit more just for my own entertainment

Vandy is a very underrated Football team.

Agreed, but I made the line Bama -3 and I'd lean Bama at that line.

Look at history. Vandy does well covering but losing to Bama. However, in each of those games, they were DD dogs.

This is uncharted territory for Vandy.

1334.jpg
cause of this god

Well, okay, with God on Vandy's side...that explains the mere FG chalk.

Still, God mighta sided with the wrong team. We'll see.

;)

Red, Not sure where this line is coming from. Bama is 0-4-1 ATS vs Vandy, However they have won their last 5 ATS on the road-ALL prior to Saban. Vandy has a good passing attack and probably one of the best recievers in CF, but Saban specializes in DB's, so look for that to be slowed down. In the end it comes down to Bama rushing attack, they went for 316 in the opener. as of now I would have to lay the points and I hate Bama-

I don't really see how you bet the Tide here...I'm pretty sure Arkansas is looming, a game I'm sure they badly want to win after finding a way to lose in Fayetteville last year.

Vandy will be good, but still, how do you take them that serious? It's still Vandy, and it's still marked as a win on the schedule.

Well, below is their schedule last year. On this field, they stayed within 2 of Arkansas who won the West, and within 6 of the national champs. On the road, they were within 3 at Bama, and 2 at Georgia. They couldn't close out games, but other than a couple of games (one of which was after they were eliminated from bowl eligibility), they were very competitive, played in some tough stadiums. That whole team is back.

Doubt I'll play Vandy getting only 3, but I'd be all over it closer to a TD. Bama's breaking in new schemes, on the road, questionable defense.

<TABLE class=stattable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 2, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Michigan (ESPN)</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">27-7</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>0-1</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 9, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Alabama</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">13-10</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>0-2 (0-1)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 16, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Arkansas</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">21-19</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>0-3 (0-2)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 23, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Tennessee St.</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">W</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">38-9</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>1-3</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Sept. 30, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Temple</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">W</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">43-14</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>2-3</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 7, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Ole Miss</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">17-10</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>2-4 (0-3)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 14, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Georgia</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">W</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">24-22</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>3-4 (1-3)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 21, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>South Carolina</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">31-13</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>3-5 (1-4)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Oct. 28, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Duke</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">W</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">45-28</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>4-5</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 4, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Florida</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">25-19</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>4-6 (1-5)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 11, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>at Kentucky</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">38-26</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>4-7 (1-6)</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#ffffff><TD vAlign=bottom>Nov. 18, 2006</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>Tennessee</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="3%">L</TD><TD vAlign=bottom width="22%">39-10</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>4-8 (1-7)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah I was hoping for Vandy around +6 or +7, but at 3 it is a no play. If it goes much lower I might have to look at Bama.

This is my first ML DOG play of the season. I think Vandy wins outright. Hoping to get a +200 line, it'll never happen now. Probably just take the points or skip it altogether.

Went to the VegasInsider Sports Gambling Seminar at the end of August and this was a consensus pick. This is most likely why the line is weak.

Peace.

Back