SEC Championship Game Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
SEC Championship Game:

Alabama (-14') vs Missouri

Discuss....

Initial thought is that the line seems a little high. I don't think Missouri is very good, but Alabama coming off that game, with some injuries, I could easily see this being inside the number. Wouldn't totally shock me to see Alabama lose, but I feel much more confident playing the Tigers than UGA. But if Alabama gets a lead, I could see them running away with it

see this more like the Miss St game - Bama wins pretty comfortably but it stays within the number.

Would be more interested in the total. Mizzou plays good "D". Will give Bama a game, but Tide will find a way to win. Bama's "D" will ensure low scoring game.

Mizzou has done nothing until the 2H or the 4Q in a lot of games, you guys think Bama will let them get away with this?

Nice year GPS and thanks for doing this thread every week, even with the hate mail:cigarguy:

GL. Maybe my Tigahs have an "up" year next go.....then have to go to Tuscaloosa:hang:

Thanks twink, been an interesting year. This may be my favorite Alabama team of the Saban era, and Blake Sims might be my favorite player in a decade. This is probably the "worst" team Saban has had since the '07 team, but they have more fight in them than any outside the 2009 team. Blake Sims embodies everything that is right about college athletics. He's been a model student (behavior-wise, not sure he's an Academic all-American) and teammate. Did whatever he was asked to do. Played RB. Was on the punt block scout team. Never complained. When Alabama brought in a highly touted transfer, he buckled down and won the job. Led the SEC in QB rating. Bounced back from horrific starts against our two biggest rivals to win the games. And I think any conversation about Sims has to include praise for Lane Kiffin. For all the criticism before and during the season, Alabama gained more yards than Auburn this year. Blake Sims is probably all-SEC (2nd or 3rd team). And I use Auburn as an example because they are seen as a dominant offensive force, could just as easily use aTm as an example. On our 1st TD of the second half against Auburn, Kiffin signaled TD before Amari had made his break. The man knows offense.

And oh yeah, Amari for Heisman

Talk to me about Missouri. I know they have a good to great DL. I had them rated low to begin the season, tried to adjust early on and lost a big bet on them against Indiana. Have thought they were dogshit since, which they may still be.

On the Alabama injury front, Cam Robinson, Brian Vogler, and ArDarius Stewart have been in their normal spots all week. TJ Yeldon sat out Monday I think, but is expected to play as usual.

if Missouri can't throw the ball (which i don't believe they will be able to do consistently) their defense (which is very damn good) is going to tire out when it's all said and done. Who is the best team they played? Georgia? Look at that boxscore. Sure i am over simplifying it...then again, maybe i am not.

Don't know how Mizzou D is that good. A frosh qb had a chance to beat them in a rain storm.
And as everyone keeps saying the Ags weren't that good.

Back