SEC Championship Discussion

gps_3

Head of Alabama Department of Decision-Making
I thought someone else had already started this, but it turned into what CTG wishes the playoff was instead of what it is. Let's try to find an angle in this game. My PR makes it LSU -6.5

Should be similar to Auburn LSU game. I'd assume Georgia will shorten the game.

I think if you like Georgia here then 1H under may be the safest play. If they grind it down enough to keep LSU in the mid 20’s will they have enough offense and possessions to get in the 20’s themselves? I don’t think they have the weapons to take advantage of LSU’s weakness in the secondary, which are the nickels and safeties in coverage.

For as close as the Auburn game was, LSU still ran 88 plays for over 500 yards with the only difference from every other game being 4 or 5 trips inside Auburn’s 35 with no points. Georgia has a good defense and could possibly replicate what Auburn did, but LSU still likely ends up with 27-31 in that best case scenario.

UGA had a great plan for Alabama last year in this game, really bottling up Tua and the WR. Maybe it was due in part or even mostly due to Kirby's familiarity with Saban and the program, but the guy knows defense and has adapted as well as anyone to what current offenses are doing. UGA can also run the ball, and LSU's defense is shaky. If UGA lets LSU get up 14 early, it's blowout city. Even if UGA gets up 14 early, recent history says they'll go ultra-conservative and try to hang on, and probably lose. My gut says that UGA keeps it close, but LSU and Burrow prove to be too much for 4 quarters.

I'm struggling to see how UGA scores with Cager out and Pickens out for the first half. Fromm has to start playing better.

UGA will need some turnovers to stay in this.

I thought Auburn's defense wore down in the 4th quarter vs LSU. Too many 3 and outs from Nix. UGA needs to sustain some drives to keep their d off the field. Fromm has been in so many big games, I'd give them a punchers chance despite the injuries and suspensions on offense. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if they got blown the hell out too.

Let’s be real. UGA need to catch up on offense...I know what they want/are trying to do. LOL....I fucking LIVED it as an LSU fan. Dog don’t hunt know more.
I can’t see them keeping up. I just can’t.

People slamming LSU D.
In the first half vs. Bama, they gave up 6pts to the offense.

The Big Ten graphic they put on the screen with handpicked skewed data referring to Top 25 by CFB committee rankings data with no mention of Top 10 or Top 5 wins was hilarious. The entire presentation and postgame was a pleading session for the #1 ranking. Urban even used a we play one more conference game card. I’d kill to play 4 more of their conference games. So not only are they afraid of the SEC they are scared of Clemson too. I love our Coach and our QB and our conference. Put whoever in front of us and we will attack one obstacle at a time. It’s almost like trailing by 14 and coming back and winning by half as much as the team your campaigning against to a team ranked half as high as the team you just beat in their own backyard is a bigger accomplishment. It goes on and on and on. I’ve beat it to death. Let them campaign and deal with the National fallout when the CFB payoff committe ranks them 1. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

Buckeyes are not afraid of anybody. I don't think any team is in the playoffs...just go out and ball.

Lsu has as good of defense as any team in the country. Their offense is so explosive. Georgia had no chance.

LSU stacked 8 in the box all game...pretty easy.

LSU is a great team...all the top 3 are...Should be a great playoffs. Especially 2 vs. 3 whomever those are...probably Clemson Vs. LSU.

Back