Pittsburgh Penguins - 105½
San Jose Sharks - 102½
St Louis Blues - 105½
Tampa Bay Lightning - 94½
Toronto Maple Leafs - 88½
Vancouver Canucks - 88½
Washington Capitals - 88½
Winnipeg Jets - 80½

As a few people had already mentioned the Avs look destined for a fall and Vegas sees it

they had 112 points last year, were put up at 98.5, it's already been bet down to 96.5 in a few hours

Avs is already down to 95.5

Stars up to 91.5, I still like that over but I don't know if I bet, Spezza a huge addition and they have the talent but are going to need to outscore teams a lot of nights because that D is weak

I didn't look for movements off the opening list you posted, my local does not have them up. But I agree with your assessment of how Dallas gets over the pt total. They are trending in the right direction, one thing I still need to look into is the 15-9 ranked teams in the west to see which ones are poised to move into the top 8 of a highly contested western conference. Phoenix, Nashville, Winnipeg, Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton. We've already covered one team thought to take a step back in the west, who else could fall? SJ?

I think you see the legs catch up to the Kings this year, 106.5 is quite a bit.

Tampa was able to play well without Stamkos for a bit of the season, as long as he's healthy I can see the over happening based on the line above.

teed, how legit is this McDavid kid? Been reading some teams might be tempted to tank in order to have a shot at him. Might affect some of those lower point totals...

most scouts during last season said that at this stage he was equal to or maybe a little bit ahead of where Crosby was

the comparable that a few guys use is that at 16 Crosby barely played on the World Junior team, McDavid played top line minutes

so I think easily the best prospect in a decade

Jack Eichel is thought to be right behind him too, so on the level with where people had Tavares before he came in

teed, how legit is this McDavid kid? Been reading some teams might be tempted to tank in order to have a shot at him. Might affect some of those lower point totals...

McDavis is straight nasty. Biggest hype on a player since Crosby. I got a 2nd Cousin that plays on Erie with him and only talk with my cousin during Christmas time. Said he can do things you cant even imagine on the ice.

Like teed said, Eichel is nasty as well. Hate to say that because he's an American but got to give props where its due. Last World Juniors before I even knew who Eichel was, he impressed the shit out of me. McDavid & Eichel are both going to be superstars

You guys nailed the Mcdavid praise, kid is unreal. Eichel will be solid as well, and a third kid that has a high ceiling on the back end is Noah Hanifin. Expect to hear a lot about him from down here in the states.

Hey guys. Not really a hockey wagering guy but love watching the sport. I have 3 possible outs for season points totals (LVH Westgate, The Greek and BOL). The Greek and BOL have theirs within a point to two points within each other. LVH has some that are 5+ off both the Greek and BOL........ Example.... Arizona 87.5 at LVH and 81ish at the Greek/BOL.....That's just 1 example but should I be using BOL/Greek for a benchmark and playing some LVH #'s that are off by 3+? Any and all help is needed and appreciated! Thanks guys!

most scouts during last season said that at this stage he was equal to or maybe a little bit ahead of where Crosby was

the comparable that a few guys use is that at 16 Crosby barely played on the World Junior team, McDavid played top line minutes

so I think easily the best prospect in a decade

Jack Eichel is thought to be right behind him too, so on the level with where people had Tavares before he came in
Say the Buffalo Sabres, who had the NHL’s worst record last season, are one of the NHL’s two worst teams again. And say the New York Islanders, the NHL’s 26th-best team last season, finish 29th or 30th. With the deferred pick plus their own pick, the Sabres would be guaranteed at least the No. 2 selection. If a team other than them or the Islanders won the lottery, they’d still end up with the No. 2 and 3 picks. If the Sabres and Islanders finish 29th and 30th and one of them wins the lottery, however…BOOM. It would give Buffalo the first and second pick in 2015. Oh. My. God.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/can-the-buffalo-sabres-get-connor-mcdavid-and-jack-eichel/

Say the Buffalo Sabres, who had the NHL’s worst record last season, are one of the NHL’s two worst teams again. And say the New York Islanders, the NHL’s 26th-best team last season, finish 29th or 30th. With the deferred pick plus their own pick, the Sabres would be guaranteed at least the No. 2 selection. If a team other than them or the Islanders won the lottery, they’d still end up with the No. 2 and 3 picks. If the Sabres and Islanders finish 29th and 30th and one of them wins the lottery, however…BOOM. It would give Buffalo the first and second pick in 2015. Oh. My. God.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/can-the-buffalo-sabres-get-connor-mcdavid-and-jack-eichel/

Yeah, there's a bunch of excitement here in Buffalo even though the Sabres are pretty much assuredly going to be the worst team in the league again this year because of the chances to get McDavid.

The Sabres also have St L's first round pick in 2016, although they probably won't be anywhere near the lottery. Most likely the Islanders will be better this year as well and won't be the 2nd worst team in the league, but it's definitely something fans of the Sabres will be rooting for....that NYI and BUF finish as the two worst teams next year...they would get at least Eichel for certain.

Islanders will be too good I think

they knew they didn't have the pick and made some good additions

Grabovski as a 2C, Kulemin as a winger, Halak in net

that 2nd pick ends up in the 10-18 range is my guess, they should push for playffs

although I don't think the 2 year 9.4m deal that the agent countered with is that big a gap

my guess is he ends up signing for somewhere in the 2 years for 8 to 8.5 total

I think there has to be some blame on the player too, he could tell Kurt Overhardt to get it done at cbj's offer but he hasn't. I don't understand why he would go down this road unless he wanted to move. These bridge type contracts are a reality and players need to understand that. Hopefully as more and more of them are signed, the precedent will carry weight and keep young players from going down this road.

Islanders will be too good I think

they knew they didn't have the pick and made some good additions

Grabovski as a 2C, Kulemin as a winger, Halak in net

that 2nd pick ends up in the 10-18 range is my guess, they should push for playffs

Yep, the Islanders should be somewhere around the 8 seed you'd think...good additions, Halak in net, plus Tavares back from injury should have this team firmly well above the bottom 5 teams conversation.

really like what the islanders just did today added boychuk and leddy

Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle is whining about the schedule, specifically playing back-to-back games against rested teams, reports Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun. The Leafs play seven back-to-back Friday-Saturday games this season. In six of those games, their opponent isn’t playing the night before.

think we know who to fade and when..probably a lot of 3 in 4's there too

Glad cbj are playing hardball...he and his group are being ridiculous

they gave in it looks like

with the deal they just signed, because it's structured 3m/3m/6m

Johansen now has 2 options and all the leverage

he can sign a 1 year qualifying offer of 6m (which Cbj has to offer or he becomes a UFA immediately) and then become a UFA at 25

or they sign him to a monster deal long term, similar situation to PK this summer

big win for the agent/RJ here

Hey Boys,

need alittle feedback on the lightning please.. in particular their defense..
i am looking at a few futures,, over 43.5 wins and maybe an eastern conference... thanks

I like both

the only question mark is Bishop if he can match what he did last year

I think they are a top 3 team in the East

Back