• 2nd Chance Survivor -- Contest Forum for Details!!

***Season Long NCAA In-Game***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep telling myself it was all marketing and business really

But 3 trips to Vegas from KC for credit counts for something

Only ended up in AZ because grad school at UNLV and internship at Venetian became a bigger pain than I wanted

So 19 years AZ now...fuck I hate the heat

if i had better access to data in excel sheets for football, id be alot better at gambling. actually, saying that...do any of you use data sources for gambling? I always just look at sites like this teamrankings.com and YPP, etc.

If I could get shit into excel format, it'd be on.

typically college hoops is my best because kenpom has all the data at the matchup level right there for analyzing. easy for me to digest

if i had better access to data in excel sheets for football, id be alot better at gambling. actually, saying that...do any of you use data sources for gambling? I always just look at sites like this teamrankings.com and YPP, etc.

You need to pick up Access. Import stats and spit out excel for plays

You need to pick up Access. Import stats and spit out excel for plays

Pretty sure every tech guy just spit up his food. Don't recommend Access!

My ex went to IU and got a journalism/communication degree I think, saw some bullshit she showed me once doing an IU newscast lol...it was uncomfortable to watch. She tried Hollywood and flamed in a year....but even worse, her communication sucked ballz

what do you recommend then? I'm not a tech guy, and im not in analytics, but im real real real good at analyzing data once its given to me.

Man I had a job with the airline doing analysis, wrong job for me...Excel and Access all day...that was so brutal. Props to those of you that can muster that.

It is what I use for props

I guess it depends on how serious you get but we have some stuff at work that runs through Access and we are doing everything possible to get it out of access. It can get a bit complex but I would create a SQL database. Once I have that I would join the data the tables that I have together and create a data connection within Excel to import the data

I guess it depends on how serious you get but we have some stuff at work that runs through Access and we are doing everything possible to get it out of access. It can get a bit complex but I would create a SQL database. Once I have that I would join the data the tables that I have together and create a data connection within Excel to import the data
That is a solid look. Should do the same with little effort. I have my programming set, so I use it. May reevaluate after the season.

That is a solid look. Should do the same with little effort. I have my programming set, so I use it. May reevaluate after the season.

I do this stuff all day and I think the biggest problem with Access is that it could easily get corrupted and if you dont have a backup, you can forget it

so, for dudes who suck at access, SQL, etc. and just want data in excel to analyze....is there anything out there that exists?

What's funny is being online with you guys and can almost peg everyone for "that guy" we all know

I couldn't stand doing spreadsheets and the like, but appreciate those that can

What's funny is being online with you guys and can almost peg everyone for "that guy" we all know

I couldn't stand doing spreadsheets and the like, but appreciate those that can

I love making beautiful reports

I can't sit and be on the phone at the same time...oughta see the pedometer after a 45 minute call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back