SDQL Week 5

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
Posted a few possible dog plays over in @ProV1Colt s thread but wanted to post some more. In my quest to find some ML dog plays I sometimes uncover some good-looking fav plays. I'll try and add them as I research thru the week. First up is not a good one for me which should be for obvious reasons.....

South Carolina @ Kentucky: Historically speaking, teams, coming off wins like Kentucky's last weekend, have not fared well at all the following week. In similar situations of game margins, total offensive & defensive comparisons, and QB efficiencies, the records are 2-4 SU and 2-4 ATS. Pic 1. When I substitute turnover margin for QB efficiency, the only matchup that hit was a SU loss for the home team. See Pic 2.

Kentucky played with the most emotion last Saturday night that I can remember a Kentucky team ever playing with. It was uncharted territory for this Ky fan to watch. One intangible not many people know about is after the Murray State game two weeks ago, there was a tragic accident outside of Kroger Field that took the life of a 4 year old boy. Coach Stoops and several Ky football players served as honorary pallbearers at the child's funeral last week. I also read Ky was playing Saturday night in honor of that child's memory. The crowd noise was also loud as it ever has been. These factors undoubtedly added to the emotional level Ky was playing with. There is no way to go but down emotionally-speaking for the Ky team this week vs. USCjr. It is going to be very hard for this team to duplicate that level of emotional play and avoid a letdown. Coach Stoops said in his presser, though, that he loves the way this team goes about its business day to day week to week and that they were "kicking a new door down every week." Certainly this Ky team has already accomplished feats this year it has not done in 30-40 years so they can certainly do the same next Saturday. It'll be interesting to see if these Cats are so business-like that they can buck these historical trends.

Not playing this game. I can't wager against my team and I currently do not have confidence this Ky team can avoid the letdown. I've just witnessed too many other letdowns by Stoops' teams in the past to have confidence they can put away a team as good as USCjr after the recent emotional high. And the line Vegas has set tells you this game is most likely going down to the wire where 1 turnover can make a difference and Terry Touchdown is still good for at least 1 a game. Hope I'm wrong...we'll see.

ky1.jpg

Ky2.jpg

Temple @ BC: Numbers for BC looking good for a rebound at home. 6-0 SU and 5-1 ATS and the only loss had a total much higher than any other sample. I kinda like the Eagles here.

bc1.jpg

ODU @ ECU: Another huge emotional letdown possibility and history suggests the home fav is the one to back. 2-0 SU and 2-0 ATS based off previous game margins, total defense and total offense. I widened the offensive stats a bit to get more hits in Pic 2 and added QB efficiency. Still some decent mojo in favor of the home team at 3-0 SU and 2-1 ATS.

ecu2.jpg

ecu1.jpg

UNC @ Miami: Once I added the turnover margin to the query in pic 1 I got the numbers I was looking for in Pic 2. 2-0 SU and 2-0 ATS for the home fav.

miami1.jpgmiami2.jpg

Army @ Buffalo: previous game margins and offensive stats say back the home team. Pic 1. Add in defensive comparison and it's still solid in favor of the home team. Pic 2.

buff2.jpg

buff1.jpg

USA @ Appy State: Pic 1 shows some love for the home team but there is still an ATS loss in there. When I added the (+) turnover margin for Appy State that result cleared (Pic 2) therefore the lone ATS loss in pic 1 came from a team with a (-) turnover margin.

appystate1.jpgappystate2.jpg

VTech @ Duke: Very cool set of queries here and a very strong opinion. The home team is 7-0 but only 1-6 ATS in the first query of previous game margins and total offense. Add in total defensive comparison in pic 2 and we get rid of the lone ATS win and we goto 5-0 SU and 0-5 ATS. Take VTech and the points!

duke1.jpgduke2.jpg

OSU @ PSU: looks like the home team here is in trouble. Previous game margins and total offensive comparison says the home team records are 0-5 SU and 1-4 ATS. When I add in a total defensive comparison the records are 0-2 SU and 0-2 ATS and look at those scores in pic 2. Methinks OSU rolls in this one.

osu1.jpgosu2.jpg

WVU @ TTech: previous game margins and total defensive and total offensive queries in each of the 3 pics. But watch what happens when I change the defensive comparison to match this game's stats more. Currently TTech gives up about 100ypg more than WVU. I use greater than 0, 50, then 90 in each of pics 1-3 respectively. The ATS records go 3-1 to 1-1 to 0-1 for the home dog. Translation=>WVU defense saves the day for the Mountaineers this weekend.

ttech3.jpgttech2.jpgttech1.jpg

Utah @ Wazzou: Comparison of home dogs with an opponent off a bye week (>8 days rest is the actual # I used), previous game margins, and turnover comparisons. Utes have a negative TO margin and Wazzou's is positive came up with some nice numbers of 0-5 SU and 1-4 ATS. 5-0 on the O/U as well. See pic 1. I cross-referenced with total offense in pic 2 and got 1-2 SU and 1-2 ATS. I further cross-referenced and the only match between these offenses and turnover comparisons and game margins produced the 0-1 records and 1-0 Over record in pic 3. Pick: Utah Utes and the Over!

utah1.jpgutah2.jpgutah3.jpg

Ole Miss @ LSU: Interesting matchup here with a off-setting offensive & defensive numbers. With comparisons of previous game margins defenses, and offenses, the records are 2-1 SU and 0-3 ATS. Sometimes I see a crazy number like the 500 ypg average Ole Miss defense gives up. So I isolated that one in pic 2 and it came back a ATS loss for the home fav as well. Pick: Ole Miss and the pts!

olemiss2.jpg

olemiss3.jpg

Check this one out:

game number = 5 and WP = 100 and line > 20

SU: 2-3-0 (1.00, 40.0%)
ATS: 5-0-0 (24.10, 100.0%) avg line: 23.1 +6: 5-0-0 (100.0%) -6: 5-0-0 (100.0%) +10: 5-0-0 (100.0%) -10: 5-0-0 (100.0%)
O/U: 0-2-0 (-14.75, 0.0%) avg total: 72.8 +6: 0-2-0 (0.0%) -6: 1-1-0 (50.0%) +10: 0-2-0 (0.0%) -10: 1-1-0 (50.0%)

Syracuse qualifies this week.

Florida Atlantic and the Under! Home teams have not fared well in the situation MTSU finds itself in tomorrow.

mtsu2.jpgmtsu1.jpg

Picks:

Appy St. -25
BC -12.5

UCF -13
ECU -7
Buffalo -7.5
UL-Lafayette +49
VTech +4.5
OSU -3.5
Utah -1.5 & Over 49
Jawja -31
Ole Miss +10

FL Atl -3.5 & Under 60.5
Kent State +7.5 & +250ML
Syracuse +25.5 & +1750ML
Nevada +4 & +155ML
BYU +17 & +600ML
WVU -3.5
Charlotte +16.5 & +600ML
Florida +7.5 & +235ML
WKy +3.5 & +145ML
Wyoming +17

:eatingburger:

Posted a few possible dog plays over in @ProV1Colt s thread but wanted to post some more. In my quest to find some ML dog plays I sometimes uncover some good-looking fav plays. I'll try and add them as I research thru the week. First up is not a good one for me which should be for obvious reasons.....

South Carolina @ Kentucky: Historically speaking, teams, coming off wins like Kentucky's last weekend, have not fared well at all the following week. In similar situations of game margins, total offensive & defensive comparisons, and QB efficiencies, the records are 2-4 SU and 2-4 ATS. Pic 1. When I substitute turnover margin for QB efficiency, the only matchup that hit was a SU loss for the home team. See Pic 2.

Kentucky played with the most emotion last Saturday night that I can remember a Kentucky team ever playing with. It was uncharted territory for this Ky fan to watch. One intangible not many people know about is after the Murray State game two weeks ago, there was a tragic accident outside of Kroger Field that took the life of a 4 year old boy. Coach Stoops and several Ky football players served as honorary pallbearers at the child's funeral last week. I also read Ky was playing Saturday night in honor of that child's memory. The crowd noise was also loud as it ever has been. These factors undoubtedly added to the emotional level Ky was playing with. There is no way to go but down emotionally-speaking for the Ky team this week vs. USCjr. It is going to be very hard for this team to duplicate that level of emotional play and avoid a letdown. Coach Stoops said in his presser, though, that he loves the way this team goes about its business day to day week to week and that they were "kicking a new door down every week." Certainly this Ky team has already accomplished feats this year it has not done in 30-40 years so they can certainly do the same next Saturday. It'll be interesting to see if these Cats are so business-like that they can buck these historical trends.

Not playing this game. I can't wager against my team and I currently do not have confidence this Ky team can avoid the letdown. I've just witnessed too many other letdowns by Stoops' teams in the past to have confidence they can put away a team as good as USCjr after the recent emotional high. And the line Vegas has set tells you this game is most likely going down to the wire where 1 turnover can make a difference and Terry Touchdown is still good for at least 1 a game. Hope I'm wrong...we'll see.

View attachment 34762

View attachment 34763
“We’re built for this. We came back for a reason. With coach Stoops, I love that guy. You look at what he’s done around here and the way he’s changed this program. I want to help him do that and help him be the coach he can be. We’ve got his back. We’ve got Kentucky’s back. We’ve got everybody’s back who believes in us, and we’re going to keep pushing.” - Josh Allen on coming back to Ky this year instead of opting for the NFL

Maybe this team is different! Finding out for sure tonight!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

Ok this is complete domination. I am officially over any doubts I had and it’s time to make my reservations for Atlanta. My Cats are going to win the SEC East this year first time ever!

Go Big Blue!

Picks:

Appy St. -25 W
BC -12.5 L

UCF -13 W
ECU -7 L
Buffalo -7.5 L
UL-Lafayette +49 W
VTech +4.5 W
OSU -3.5 L
Utah -1.5 L & Over 49 W
Jawja -31 L
Ole Miss +10 L

FL Atl -3.5 L & Under 60.5 W
Kent State +7.5 L & +250ML L
Syracuse +25.5 W & +1750ML L
Nevada +4 W & +155ML W
BYU +17 L & +600ML L
WVU -3.5 W
Charlotte +16.5 L & +600ML L
Florida +7.5 W & +235ML W
WKy +3.5 W & +145ML L
Wyoming +17 L

:eatingburger:

13-17 on the day.....that's awful.

:moneyoutofhand:

You shouldn't have ignored my Syracuse angle. Ha ha. Now 6-0 ATS by an average of
Check this one out:

game number = 5 and WP = 100 and line > 20

SU: 2-3-0 (1.00, 40.0%)
ATS: 5-0-0 (24.10, 100.0%) avg line: 23.1 +6: 5-0-0 (100.0%) -6: 5-0-0 (100.0%) +10: 5-0-0 (100.0%) -10: 5-0-0 (100.0%)
O/U: 0-2-0 (-14.75, 0.0%) avg total: 72.8 +6: 0-2-0 (0.0%) -6: 1-1-0 (50.0%) +10: 0-2-0 (0.0%) -10: 1-1-0 (50.0%)

Syracuse qualifies this week.

After the 18.5-point cover by Cuse:

ATS: 6-0-0 (23.17, 100.0%) avg line: 23.0 +6: 6-0-0 (100.0%) -6: 6-0-0 (100.0%)

You shouldn't have ignored my Syracuse angle. Ha ha. Now 6-0 ATS by an average of

After the 18.5-point cover by Cuse:

ATS: 6-0-0 (23.17, 100.0%) avg line: 23.0 +6: 6-0-0 (100.0%) -6: 6-0-0 (100.0%)
I didn’t ignore it. Cause was on my card. I posted my write up in ProV’s ML thread. Great angle MW!

Back