SDQL Thread

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
Nuggets @ Grizzlies: 1st post so have no record. I've been dabbling in SDQL for NBA for a little over a week now. Still not real comfortable posting a lot but I did uncover this one that looks good. Situation for the home team here has 4-0 SU & 4-0 ATS records. I've been comparing previous game margins, days rest, and average points scored. But a couple days ago I figured out how to actually compare home & away average points scored (instead of average total points scored) to see how it does. Pick: Grizzlies +3.5 & +140ML

grizzlies1.jpg

Mavs @ Jazz: Let's see if this game goes under. The situation for the home team here is 0-4 O/U. Pick: Under 213.5

jazz1.jpg

Here is something I have been looking at related to that same game:

2018 teams that previously lost to Warriors

season >= 2018 and po:team = Warriors and p:L

SU: 1-8 (-10.00, 11.1%)
ATS: 2-7-0 (-8.61, 22.2%) avg line: 1.4
O/U: 2-7-0 (-9.28, 22.2%) avg total: 223.5

Nice job JROCK1966 — looks like a 3-2 run for the night, if I am counting correctly — including the Grizzlies game that my sdql query missed on. Hope to see some more of these!

JROCK - very interesting but only a handful of plays in the past 20 years. Wish there was a larger sample size.

pip2 - If you add on that the GS opponent's next game is away, if goes to 0-5 SU & ATS, 1-4 to the under. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Thank you both!

JROCK - very interesting but only a handful of plays in the past 20 years. Wish there was a larger sample size.

pip2 - If you add on that the GS opponent's next game is away, if goes to 0-5 SU & ATS, 1-4 to the under. Definitely worth keeping an eye on.

Thank you both!
Welcome to the site :shake:

Clippers @ Blazers: This one looks like my best for tonight. Lots of mojo for the home team to cover. 7-1 SU & 7-1 ATS with comparisons of previous game margins, rest, home & away average points scored, and home & away average points allowed. Pick: Trailblazers -5.5

blazers1.jpg

Updated Thread Record: 5-2

Wizards @ Magic: Pic 1 shows results of comparisons for home dogs, previous game margins, and rest. The only time the home dog lost ATS was when the opponent had an extra day of rest. The ATS record is a nice 6-1. Pic 2 further compares home team's average home and away scoring and scoring allowed. The records of 2-0 SU, 2-0 ATS, & 0-2 O/U support the query results in pic 1. I will be on the Magic & Under tonight. Pick: Magic +2.5 & Under 218.5

magic1.jpg

magic2.jpg

Updated Thread Record: 5-2

Wizards @ Magic: Pic 1 shows results of comparisons for home dogs, previous game margins, and rest. The only time the home dog lost ATS was when the opponent had an extra day of rest. The ATS record is a nice 6-1. Pic 2 further compares home team's average home and away scoring and scoring allowed. The records of 2-0 SU, 2-0 ATS, & 0-2 O/U support the query results in pic 1. I will be on the Magic & Under tonight. Pick: Magic +2.5 & Under 218.5

View attachment 35814

View attachment 35813
Well shit...got a little greedy and tried for the Under even though I knew Wizards road defense sucks ballsacks.

:hitcomputer:

Updated Thread Record: 6 -3
Sides: 4-0
ML: 1-0
Totals: 1-3 (Stay away from the totals!! :oops:)

Wizards @ Heat: Quick turnaround for both squads here. Pic 1 shows results for comparisons of previous game margins, rest, losing records for both clubs but more wins for the home team, and average scoring allowed gives us some mojo for the home team here with records of 4-1 SU & 4-1 ATS. I isolate a bit more by adding average scoring in Pic 2 and records become 2-0 SU & 2-0 ATS. The thing is, the Wizards are giving up 9 more ppg average in away games than the 10 ppg (19 ppg worse than the Heat) I used in my queries and we still got nice results. Good chance the Heat cover here methinks. Pick: Heat -7

heat2.jpg

heat1.jpg

Last edited:
Sixers @ Grizzlies: I've said it before in other threads but this is the 1st time I'll say it in the NBA forum. I love finding contrarian stuff. Pic below shows my comparisons of previous game margins, rest, winning records, and average scoring home and away offense....but I added the overtime for the Sixers last night and it came back as a 0-3 ATS record for the home team. The contrarian stuff I'm talking about is the fact that Memphis has 2 days rest to Philly's 0 and of course the Sixers coming off an overtime. This, in addition to Memphis having an almost +20ppg differential in average scoring defense at home to the Sixers away stat. Why are the Grizzlies not favored here by at least a touchdown or more? Public consensus is in favor of the Grizz as well. Picks: Sixers +4 & +155ML

grizzlies2.jpg

Nets @ Warriors: Curry, Green, and Livingston are all out, correct? The pic below gives a lot of mojo for the home team even without those injuries! The home teams in this situation are 1-2 SU and 0-3 ATS. Picks: Nets +7.5 & +260ML

nets1.jpg

Here is something I have been looking at related to that same game:

2018 teams that previously lost to Warriors

SU: 1-8 (-10.00, 11.1%)
ATS: 2-7-0 (-8.61, 22.2%) avg line: 1.4
O/U: 2-7-0 (-9.28, 22.2%) avg total: 223.5

Lost to GS, next game: SU=3-15 / ATS=5-13
Lost @ GS, next game: SU=1-10 / ATS=2-9
Lost to GS, next game away: SU=1-8 / ATS=2-7
Lost @ GS, next game away: SU=0-7 / ATS=1-6

Minnesota fits all these tonight and are laying 3.5. Also, I don't think MN has won a road game against the West yet this season (not 100%) on that.

Lost to GS, next game: SU=3-15 / ATS=5-13
Lost @ GS, next game: SU=1-10 / ATS=2-9
Lost to GS, next game away: SU=1-8 / ATS=2-7
Lost @ GS, next game away: SU=0-7 / ATS=1-6

Minnesota fits all these tonight and are laying 3.5. Also, I don't think MN has won a road game against the West yet this season (not 100%) on that.
Good stuff

Back