SDQL Bowl Game Thread

JROCK1966

Pretty much a regular
After last week's hit on Idaho, Dogs, of less than 10pts, season's 2017 & 2016, worse QB efficiency than opponent, and both dog & favorite have negative turnover margins are 33-6 ATS (84.6%) and 27-12 SU (69.2%) over the past 2 years. It'll be interesting to see if this trend continues on into the bowl games so I ran the query as such (game type=BG) and I added worse total defense. In SDQL database history, it looks like it hit ATS at 48.9%. However, I find it very interesting last season it went 5-1-1 ATS....hmmmm. This trend is active on Louisiana Tech, Appy State, Purdue, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, and Iowa State. Will keep an eye out on consensus for these....

bowls1.jpg
bowls2.jpg

After last weekend's hit on Idaho, dogs, of less than 5pts, season's 2017 & 2016, worse total defense than opponent, and both dog & favorite have negative turnover margins finished an incredible 15-1 ATS (93.8%) and 13-3 SU (81.2%) over the past 2 years. I ran the trend for the bowl games and it looks like it has been lucrative over the years with an all-time 24-18-2 ATS record (57.1%). It also went 2-0-1 last year so, if you bought the hook, you could have been 3-0 ATS. This trend looks to be active on Louisiana Tech, Texas A&M, Purdue, Iowa State, and Washington during this year's bowl game season.

bowls3.jpg
bowls4.jpg

Dogs in bowl games with line =7 and total between 59 & 64 pts have a historical database ATS record of 6-0. This trend is active on Boise St. Saturday.

boise.jpg

Dogs in bowl games with a line between 6 & 7 and total between 59 & 64 have gone 4-4 SU and 7-1 ATS in SDQL database history. This trend is currently active on Boise State, N. Texas, Arizona State, USC, and Mississippi State.

dogs1.jpg

Yeah, I've always done simple searches, just to give me the macro view. Then see if there is something I want to drill into.
I started the other thread , because I didn't want to dump a bunch of data into your thread.

I still need to know how to dump results into a spreadsheet or csv. That would save a lot of time.

Yeah, I've always done simple searches, just to give me the macro view. Then see if there is something I want to drill into.
I started the other thread , because I didn't want to dump a bunch of data into your thread.

I still need to know how to dump results into a spreadsheet or csv. That would save a lot of time.
Can you copy and paste the results over to a spreadsheet?

SCCHHHWWWWIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!!!

Dogs with a line of 3.5pts and total between 60-65pts are 0-4 SU, 0-4 ATS, and the O/U record is 0-4 in SDQL database history. This trend currently is active on Middle Tennessee St. and New Mexico St. which is great news for Utah St. and Arkansas State backers!

dogs2.jpg

Can you copy and paste the results over to a spreadsheet?

It won't copy column , it copies as a text file, all across and down.
Spend too much time cutting the crap out.
I'm sure I could filter better and get some of it out, but it's only something I use to see if I want to dig deeper.
Sometimes a flip of the coin works .

Dogs with a line of 3.5pts and total between 60-65pts are 0-4 SU, 0-4 ATS, and the O/U record is 0-4 in SDQL database history. This trend currently is active on Middle Tennessee St. and New Mexico St. which is great news for Utah St. and Arkansas State backers!

View attachment 30418

Hmmm. I don't like the total output. 0-4 O/U.
Maybe work will be slow tomorrow and I can look close.
gl

Hmmm. I don't like the total output. 0-4 O/U.
Maybe work will be slow tomorrow and I can look close.
gl
In the short time (2 months) I have done this I have found long time durations (in this case the entire database history) matter more than the small sample sizes.

After last week's hit on Idaho, Dogs, of less than 10pts, season's 2017 & 2016, worse QB efficiency than opponent, and both dog & favorite have negative turnover margins are 33-6 ATS (84.6%) and 27-12 SU (69.2%) over the past 2 years. It'll be interesting to see if this trend continues on into the bowl games so I ran the query as such (game type=BG) and I added worse total defense. In SDQL database history, it looks like it hit ATS at 48.9%. However, I find it very interesting last season it went 5-1-1 ATS....hmmmm. This trend is active on Louisiana Tech, Appy State, Purdue, Virginia Tech, Texas A&M, and Iowa State. Will keep an eye out on consensus for these....

View attachment 30290
View attachment 30291
This trend is 2-0 ATS & 2-0 SU so far this bowl season.

View attachment 30418
This trend is 0-1 ATS & 0-1 SU so far this bowl season.

What do you all think of Duke in NCAA Foots today? Trends I found say fading Northern Illinois is not a bad thing....

nill1.jpg nill2.jpg

Leaning towards playing the Over in the WVA/Utah game....Dogs with good QBs, worse defenses, and the situations described in the pic seem to play in higher scoring bowl games....

wva1.jpg

wva2.jpg

Leaning towards playing the Over in the WVA/Utah game....Dogs with good QBs, worse defenses, and the situations described in the pic seem to play in higher scoring bowl games....

What would it say if the dog had a "bad" "unproven" "inexperienced" QB? Grier is the good one and out. Chugs his backup would change the results perhaps. It just really boils down to what Chugs can do. WVU's best OL (LT) Cajuste is out this game too though, so is RG Bosch. C Jones is injured his calf this week, but will try and play. Kind of a collection of headwind going against WVU.

Is laying the pts with K. State the play in the tonight's game?

I imagine that is what most people are doing. I am going to wait and see if some more steam builds up on KSt and I can grab something higher on UCLA. KSt isn't the kind of team that beats people by more than 1 score often and with all the time to prepare and alternate gameplan with Modster following Rosen's finale concussion it isn't like it will come as an 11th hour surprise when Rosen doesn't run out there...assuming that will be the case. So he is still have concussion symptoms a month after his last game? Sounds more like he is protecting himself or hiding behind the doctors...which is fine, I just prefer people to be upfront and honest. But what do I know, I'm not him and I'm not a doctor and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

What would it say if the dog had a "bad" "unproven" "inexperienced" QB? Grier is the good one and out. Chugs his backup would change the results perhaps. It just really boils down to what Chugs can do. WVU's best OL (LT) Cajuste is out this game too though, so is RG Bosch. C Jones is injured his calf this week, but will try and play. Kind of a collection of headwind going against WVU.

I imagine that is what most people are doing. I am going to wait and see if some more steam builds up on KSt and I can grab something higher on UCLA. KSt isn't the kind of team that beats people by more than 1 score often and with all the time to prepare and alternate gameplan with Modster following Rosen's finale concussion it isn't like it will come as an 11th hour surprise when Rosen doesn't run out there...assuming that will be the case. So he is still have concussion symptoms a month after his last game? Sounds more like he is protecting himself or hiding behind the doctors...which is fine, I just prefer people to be upfront and honest. But what do I know, I'm not him and I'm not a doctor and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
Yep...I read your post in your thread about Grier being out...of course, I read it after I placed the bet...Ugh! Liking your thoughts on UCLA as well...thanks s--k!

Feels like kind of a weird day, kind of hohum, not exciting. I don't think anything I take will be more than $50 wager just to have some skin in the game.

Feels like kind of a weird day, kind of hohum, not exciting. I don't think anything I take will be more than $50 wager just to have some skin in the game.
Above average number of games in NBA tonight so I should be able to find a quality wager there....which is what I'm currently working on. :shake:

View attachment 30290
View attachment 30291

This trend is 2-0 ATS & 2-0 SU so far this bowl season.

This trend is now 3-0 ATS & 3-0 SU so far this bowl season.

Back