Scottish Open

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
@ Gullane GC, Gullane, Scotland

last years winner Rafael Cabrera-Bello playoff with Callum Shinkwin @ Dundonald Links

PGA Tour player participating as a "warm up" to British Open

Justin Rose (2014 winner @ Royal Aberdeen)
Rickie Fowler (2015 winner on this course)
Patrick Reed
Hideki Matsuyama
Henrik Stenson
Phil Mickelson (2013 winner @ Castle Stuart playoff with Branden Grace. WON British Open the next week)
Matt Kuchar
ian Poulter
Louis Oosthuizen
Charley Hoffman
Cameron Smith
Peter Uihlein
Kevin Chappell
Luke List
Martin Laird

favorites

Justin Rose 8-1
Rickie Fowler 10-1
Patrick Reed 18-1
Tyrrell Hatton 18-1
Hideki Matsuyama 18-1
Russell Knox 20-1
Matt Kuchar 20-1

played these "to win" bets this week. list with recent best finish {bet/return]

Russell Knox 20-1 (25/525) WIN Irish Open (playoff) T-2nd Open de France

Andy Sullivan 25-1 (20/520) T-6th Irish Open T-9th BMW International T-5th Italian Open T-3rd Sicilain Open

Ryan Fox 50-1 (10/510) 2nd Irish Open (playoff) T-4th @ Dundonald Links last season

Alex Bjork 50-1 (10/510) T-14th Irish Open T-8th Open de France WIN China Open

Paul Dunne 50-1 (10/510) T-7th China Open 2nd Open de Espana

Jorge Campillo 50-1 (10/510) 3rd Irish Open T-8th Open de France T-3rd China Open T-5th Open de Espana 2nd Maybank

Martin Kaymer 60-1 (10/610) T-2nd BMW International T-8th Italian Open

Kiradech Aphibarnrat 60-1 (10/610) 15th US Open T-5th BMW PGA

Julian Suri 60-1 (10/610) 27th Irish Open T-2nd Open de France

Erik Van Rooyen 100-1 (5/505) T-4th Irish Open (3rd round leader) 2nd Joberg Open

Jordan L Smith 100-1 (5/505) T-21st Open de France T-8th Italian Open T-3rd China Open

Alex Levy 100-1 (5/505) WIN Trophee Hassan

Nicky Colsaerts 100-1 (5/505) T-3rd Shot Clock Masters - Austria

Matt Wallace 100-1 (5/505) WIN BMW International T-3rd China Open WIN Indian Open

Adrian Otaegui 100-1 (5/505) T-12th Open de France WIN Belgium Knockout 2nd China Open

Lucas Bjerregaard 100-1 (5/505) T-5th BMW International T-3rd BMW PGA 5th Sicilian Open

George Coetzee 125-1 (4/504) T-24th Irish Open [-4] 4th Open de Espana [-16] WIN Tshwane Open [-18]

Shubhankar Sharma 150-1 (4/604) T-14th China Open T-7th Indian Open WIN Maybank WIN Joberg Open

Padraig Harrington 150-1 (4/604) T-4th @ Dundonald Links last season

still waiting on tourney match play listings :shake:

Last edited:
Scottish Open tourney match plays [bet/return]

Chris Wood +120 over Matthew Fitzpatrick (50/110) interesting that Wood opened -120 @ William-Hill
Chris Wood: T-14th Irish Open [-6] T-2nd Open de France [-6]
Matthew Fitzpatrick: CUT Irish Open T-27th Open de France [even]

Russell Knox -110 over Tyrrell Hatton (55/105)
Russell Knox WIN Irish Open [-14] playoff T-2nd Open de France [-6] T-38th Travelers [-5] T-12th US Open [+8]
Tyrrell Hatton: T-16th Open de France [-2] T-6th US Open [+6] CUT Italian Open CUT BMW PGA CUT Players

Jorge Campillo -105 over Alex Bjork (53/103.45)
Jorge Campillo: 3rd Irish Open [-13] T-8th Open de France [-4] T-33rd BMW International [-1] T-60th Italian Open
Alex Bjork: T-14th Irish Open [-6] T-8th Open de France [-4] T-33rd BMW International [-1] CUT Italian Open

Ryan Fox -110 over Peter Uihlein (55/105)
Ryan Fox: 2nd Irish Open [-14] playoff T-44th Open de France [+4] T-41st US Open [+14] T-8th Italian Open [-16]
Peter Uihlein: T-12th Irish Open [-7] T-48th US Open [+16] T-43rd FedEx St Jude [-1]

Last edited:
well out house mouse!!! Luke List pre-tourney 100-1 the 1st round leader with a 9 birdie 2 bogie [-7] one shot up on five players including Rickie Fowler and Lee Westwood. my players best score [-3] down at tied 26th. three more rounds to go but NOT a good start :mad:

all my tourney match plays "wicked close" although Fox @ [-2] has a good lead over Uihlein [+3] the ONLY play really looking "solid" right now BUT with 25 golfers at [-4] or better looks like anyone that can shoot a "bomber" has a chance

well I got another MESS this week with already 1-1 in my four match plays after the CUT which came @ [-4] and the other two WAY behind. Robert Rock the 2nd round leader with [-7] for tourney [-13]. he needs a "three places to the leading three players (not otherwise exempt) who finish in the top 10 and ties" finish to get into next weeks British Open as does Qatar Masters winner this season Eddie Pepperell tied 4th [-7] for [-10] and Swedish OWGR #322 player Jens Dantorp tie 2nd with Tyrrell Hatton [-5] for [-11]. Rock known more as a top swing coach than tourney player although he HAS been good in spots this season with tied 7th Oman Open and T-12th Indian Open. was tied 28th last week in Ireland.

my closest "to win" player Alex Bjork with [-6] for tourney [-9] BUT with nine players shooting either [-6] or [-7] including Tyrrell Hatton AND with Japanese player Hideto Tanihara shooting [-9] along with OWGR #352 Scotsman Syme Connor [-8] the 2nd round ANYTHING can HAPPEN IF the course conditions continue to be cool with relatively light winds over the weekend. the Gullian GC has been pretty much "defenseless" so far. the 2015 winner here Rickie Fowler "lurking" with a [-4] for tourney [-10] tied 4th :confused:

Hokey Smoke!!! "the Swedes staying out of the weeds" at Gullian GC on Saturday. the rookie Jens Dantorp the leader with [-2] for [-13] BUT six golfers just one behind including my "to win" players Alex Bjork and last weeks 2nd Ryan Fox along with "Rickie Tickie" Fowler and "The Matthew Mouse" Fitzpatrick. THEN both last weeks winner Russell Knox [-4] AND Tyrrell Hatton [even] "lurking" @ [-11] along with rookie Englishman Aaron Rai. Knox round gets me back in that tourney match play and he is also a "to win" this week :)

with players STILL shooting LOW (Fox and Aussie Scott Hend had [-7] rounds while "The Mouse" [-6]) this is gonna be ANYONE'S tourney. gotta feel bad for 2nd round leader Robert Rock who "blew up" with a [+6] for [-7] all the way down to T-34th. right now the three British Open qualifiers would be the Swede Jens Dantorp, the Aussie Scott Hend and the German Marcel Siem. the others in the 3rd round top ten ex for Rai already qualified

Last edited:
Gullane Sunday forecast partly cloudy early with wind 10 mph then rain showers starting about 11am local time off and on for the rest of the day and wind increasing to 15 mph

well you can just NOT handicap THIS!!! :mad:

South African Brandon Stone with an 8 birdie 1 eagle NO bogies [-10] for the tourney [-20} four shot WIN over Eddie Pepperell. NONE of the 3rd round leaders really made a move Sunday although Jens Dantorp got tied 3rd with Trevor Immelman and Luke List. Stone, Pepperell and Dantorp get the three British Open qualifications as the Swede had the OWGR tiebreaker over Immelman and List already qualified

yet another WRECK of a week for "Papa Ratte" as, once again, my players just could NOT finish on Sunday!!! went 1-3 on my four tourney match plays AND Ryan Fox and Alex Bjork never got it going like their first three days. beginning to think handicapping golf is just NOT my GAME :golffrustrated:

Last edited:
Next week...

Oh bullshit!!! I gotta be the "Eddie Mush" of golf betting. last week I LOSE in Ireland because Knox goes NUTS with his putter on #18 TWICE but this week he can NOT make a 6 footer for par the final round and ends up T-49th. of course I have a "to win" AND tourney match play on him this week. also have another "to win" on Fox and he is in position but once again HE can NOT finish. made my picks for the British Open contest but do NOT have much confidence. you guys may want to FADE me :popcorn:

btw, gotta feel BAD for Trevor Immelman. WON the Masters back in 2008 three shoots over Tiger Woods BUT has done NOTHING since then and has been working off & on as a Golf Channel Euro Tour commentator lately. would have been a GREAT "human interest' story IF he had qualified for the Open

Last edited:
Back