Scheffler

Love his setup, love his takeaway, he's in perfect position at the top. Keeps his right elbow in nice and tight to his body on the downswing. He's got a forward sway on the downswing but still works to keep his head behind the ball. His footwork is kinda ugly....looks like he's swinging as hard as humanly possible....right foot slides back which I hate, and his left foot rotates on his heel instead of the more traditional rolling, although it seems a lot of guys finish that way now.

I prefer the quiet feet of Ernie Els.

Reactions: KJ
Love his setup, love his takeaway, he's in perfect position at the top. Keeps his right elbow in nice and tight to his body on the downswing. He's got a forward sway on the downswing but still works to keep his head behind the ball. His footwork is kinda ugly....looks like he's swinging as hard as humanly possible....right foot slides back which I hate, and his left foot rotates on his heel instead of the more traditional rolling, although it seems a lot of guys finish that way now.
Will be interesting to see how the footwork holds up over time, takes a lot of balance to make that perfect swing with those happy feet. If balance declines with age as it tends to he'll have to make some adjustments.

Back