Scarf Wild Card Weekend Foots

scarf31

CTG Moderator
Staff member
CTG Regular Season Posts = 2-0 +5 Units

Finally getting a second to post some picks and will offer this following disclaimer. I hate betting this league. The quality of the product has deteriorated so much so that it's frustrating to watch an entire game.

That being said...ironically, this has been my most profitable NFL season of my life. lol

Had Peyton 9 ways to Tuesday in the Charles last minute fumble game...

And hit a double alt-line parlay week 2 before we knew the Chips would be nothing more than crumbs...View attachment 40216

Out to breakfast w/the fam and errands...be back with reasonings mid-afternoon...

Texans +9 / Over 33.5 KC-Hou (6 Pt Teaser) (-120) (1.2/1) LOSS
Bengals +3 (-135) (2.7/2)
WIN
Bengals ML (+105) (1/1.05) LOSS
DeAndre Receiving Yards Over 92.5 (-115) (.575/.5) LOSS
Eifert Receiving Yards Over 42.5 (+115) (.5/.575) WIN

Enjoy the games everyone!!!

Last edited:
GL:cheers3:. What was your line on that over?

Shark, put the wagers in at the time of my original post this morning right before running out the door...also bought Cincy to 3. Here are the exact numbers for the plays (and I will be updating the first thread with these as well).

Texans +9 / Over 33.5 (6 Pt Teaser) (-120) (1.2/1)
Bengals +3 (-135) (2.7/2)
Bengals ML (+105) (1/1.05)

Just a couple of thoughts on these before we actually kick this postseason off. Do I think KC is the better team, yes. Do they have the better QB, yes. Do they have a head coach who is going to play aggressively and attack Houston, hell no.

In fact, I think that you are going to see the typical Chiefs/Andy&Alex grind-it-out game...but I think you are going to see Houston play just the opposite, aggressive and with BH trying to find DeAndre (the most underrated WR in the game IMO) a ton of times. I think O'Brien being an old Patriot is going to go into his bag of tricks at least once and try to steal a TD on some kind of oddball play. He knows he can't go punch-for-punch with KC, so I see Houston as playing wide open and KC being their conservative selves. Give me over a TD and needing the game to only hit 34 can allow for a 21-14 KC win and me still cashing a ticket. I think Houston actually is in this game late 4th, if they don't win it outright.

In the prime timer, I know the world loves Pittsburgh, but I don't see them that way. This is a team with their stud RB AND semi-stud backup RB both out...if Pitt consistently runs on Cincy tonight, they're probably winning easy, but I don't see it. Ben has the pressure of the world on him and he knows he's going to have to force the action to make this offense move. Hell, last week against a Cleveland team that had zero to play for, he had 3 picks. I just think that the lack of running game and that absolute joke of a defense is too much of a deterrent to take the Steez here. That being said...I'll make this statement.

If Dalton were starting this game, I would be backing Pitt. I think it is an ADVANTAGE to Cincy that Dalton isn't playing tonight. Pitt is deep into that kid's head and he played like ass against them in the game in Pitt and then also before he got hurt in the 2nd Pitt game. I don't take McCarron's numbers in that game too to heart because he hadn't any true starting QB game prep. I think McCarron doesn't have that mental "boogie man" that Andy does against the Black and Gold and that their play on both lines, their 2-headed running game, their stud wideout and their superior defense to Pitt's is going to make this more of a pounding running game for Cincy with shots to attack Pitt's D with Eifert and AJ.

Regardless, I think it will be an interesting watch just because of the past histories of these teams.

Just for shits and giggles...

DeAndre Receiving Yards Over 92.5 (-115) (.575/.5)
Eifert Receiving Yards Over 42.5 (+115) (.5/.575)

Back