Scarf NBA 22-23

scarf31

CTG Moderator
Staff member
Not a big NBA guy but like to play situational spots. Think I’ve got one worth playing tonight and Reno talked me into posting a thread on it after discussion so here I am…

Gonna try to keep this simple and @B.A.R. can interject some thoughts.

2nd Quarter the “rest” quarter for the superstars…Kawhi coming off the bench tonight…so you can throw Mann into the mix here too..

In a few screenshots gonna try to make my point…

Clips

1666307909994.png
Lakers bench…

1666307910027.png
Name 1 player off that Lakers bench clearly better than any of the 11-deep Clippers?

Clippers 2Q -1.5

GL tonight gang…

Good stuff Scarfy...

My part of this was honestly looking at rotations a bit. Darvin is obviously in his 2nd regular season game as coach so who knows if he will stick to these rotations...

LeBron had THREE different rest periods in the first 3 quarters up in San Francisco the other night. Each was approx 2 mins in time, generally around the middle of each quarter.

On the other hand, Street Clothes played the entire 1st quarter, then sat 6-7 minutes to begin the 2nd quarter.

The HOPE here is to get maybe 4 total minutes in the 2nd with their two best players on the court.

NOW, we have to adjust to situations...

Example #1

Clippers lead by 8+ points after one quarter (arbitrary number but trying to make the point).

In this situation, I would be keeping an eye on the 1st line in case I want to hedge, or perhaps middle. Generally, we see a bit of a letdown after a big 1st quarter. This could also change rotations a bit (say the lead is DD's)

Example #2

The Lakers get out to a big lead after 1 Quarter. We'll use a score of 31-20 as an example. At this point, I might want to increase my bet. Again, live 1h betting could be in order.

Take away the examples, the premise here is excellent. From there, we are already in a position of strength.

Cannot wait for the Battle of LA!!

10.5 is the live 1st half line.

So, 11.5 entering 2nd for myself.

See how it goes. That 1st was great for the Clips, see if the hopefully blow this team out early.

I had 12.5 available few mins ago but it was -137.

You can't take that.

Hopefully a wild finish. That 1Q was what we hoped didn't happen.

Brutal…sorry, gang.
Twas the 1Q. They were too good.

NBA teams rarely go b2b like that in quarters.

I turned off at 52-44. I'll say, I wasn't expecting a tie at halftime.

20-6 run to finish.

Im not mad I didn't hedge, that juice was ridiculous.

In retrospect, on this type of play, maybe think about it more during the breaks between quarters.

Not all is lost ... This Lakers bench will give us other opportunities as the season rolls along...

Back