Saturdays Totals Discussion

nawlins51

I bet Basketball
I figure I would start it.I didn't see a thread.If there is one then just merge it.Anyway what yall like tomorrow. The only one that has my eye is the WV/NC game. I like the under.Here are my projections for tomorrows games.Lets hear some opinions TeeDub, SportsNut,VK,Ramble,Marlo,Timh,Dmoney and whoever else wants to discuss.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 297pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=396 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 198pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 9654" width=264><COL style="WIDTH: 99pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4827" width=132><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 198pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=264 height=17>West Virginia vs North Carolina</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; WIDTH: 99pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=132>20-17 (37-34)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Wisconsin vs Florida State</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">23-31 (54-52)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Miami vs California</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-TOP: #ebe9ed; BORDER-LEFT: #ebe9ed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ebe9ed; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">21-30 (51-59)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

My leans were Under UNC , Over FSU and Under Cal but thats just preliminary thoughts .....:shake:

Have more to say tmrw..

Hey bro, hope the holiday was good to you and yours. The only one of these that stood out to me was the Wiscy/FSU game. I'm leaning UNDER here as I do not think that Wiscy will be able to match the speed of FSU's defense AND FSU's offense hasn't exactly been lights out. I see this game being in the mid 40's IMO. Was thinking UNDER in the WVU/NC game as well as I think Butch will have the boys ready for pat White and Co. Miami/CAL, I'd say OVER gun to my head but that's about it on that one. I'll be curious to see what you and the boys come up with here...

Nut - I am glad to hear you like the same under as me. Now for the other 2 no play on my spreadsheet for those. The only one I would take is FSU on the spread but there is no value left according to my little rules.

Mags - Christmas sucked.Had to work but had it today with the family.It was a good.I hope yall had a good one bro. I know my little girls did.God I love them kids. Now for the game. This is how I looked at this game after I ran my numbers. It was a key to me that I find relavent(sp.). UNC played GT and shut there ass down.I find that GT and WV play a similar style of offense imo.I may be wrong but there similar to me. A good defense will always prevail over a good offense imo. Look at tonight.FAU isn't the best on defense but they have shown they can get the job done when needed.If yall disagree with my GT/WV comparison please tell me.I always try and find a team to compare when capping.

Good points about the comparision the main difference is Pat White and the passing game is much better then GTech's . Still like the comparision though as I understand your point to look for a reference . :shake:

Not sure about a side with respect to FSU and Wisky but the Badger defense is bad and would expect 28++ from FSU while FSU defense had alot of issues as well..

Good points about the comparision the main difference is Pat White and the passing game is much better then GTech's . Still like the comparision though as I understand your point to look for a reference . :shake:

Not sure about a side with respect to FSU and Wisky but the Badger defense is bad and would expect 28++ from FSU while FSU defense had alot of issues as well..

I agree WV's passing attack is better and I am happy you think its a good comparison.

As for the FSU game. I think its to close to call for an Over/Under play because FSU can score on this team and like you said , FSU have their issues defensivly. The FSU game is just too tough to call. FSU can cover this one and then again Wiscy can get some trash points and backdoor that ass.Just a tough line they set for the spread and total.

Nut - I am glad to hear you like the same under as me. Now for the other 2 no play on my spreadsheet for those. The only one I would take is FSU on the spread but there is no value left according to my little rules.

Mags - Christmas sucked.Had to work but had it today with the family.It was a good.I hope yall had a good one bro. I know my little girls did.God I love them kids. Now for the game. This is how I looked at this game after I ran my numbers. It was a key to me that I find relavent(sp.). UNC played GT and shut there ass down.I find that GT and WV play a similar style of offense imo.I may be wrong but there similar to me. A good defense will always prevail over a good offense imo. Look at tonight.FAU isn't the best on defense but they have shown they can get the job done when needed.If yall disagree with my GT/WV comparison please tell me.I always try and find a team to compare when capping.

You compared the right offense i think nawlins .. but i am not sure they really shut them down despite the 7 allowed. Uconn is the other offensive team to compare to west virginia in some regards. I made the total 44.... sort of ... i made the game a pickem....

You compared the right offense i think nawlins .. but i am not sure they really shut them down despite the 7 allowed. Uconn is the other offensive team to compare to west virginia in some regards. I made the total 44.... sort of ... i made the game a pickem....

Thanks Kyle. Yeah they are somewhat similar but Uconn's Donald Brown is more smashmouth and Devine is finesse.I think thats a good total though.May have to think about it

Just took the under 46. I thought about waiting expecting the line to climb a little more but the forecast for tomorrows game is 50% chance of rain with wind around 20 mph. Thinking it may be around 41 to 42 around kickoff.

I will say one thing on behalf of my Noles, there has been NO talk from Tallahasse. Usually, we hear of 18 players being left at home for their bowl game due to various reasons. This could show that they are mentally ready for this game. No free shoes, no failed exam talk, no fights in the cafeteria, no parking in handicapped spots, no whatever else could go wrong....

I will say one thing on behalf of my Noles, there has been NO talk from Tallahasse. Usually, we hear of 18 players being left at home for their bowl game due to various reasons. This could show that they are mentally ready for this game. No free shoes, no failed exam talk, no fights in the cafeteria, no parking in handicapped spots, no whatever else could go wrong....

fsu and miami florida usually alternate years .. ...... fsu turn next year

Hard to see myself not betting my total leans ...in fact might beabout to get down on the WVU under as 47 and 47.5's have popped up ...weakest one is the Cal and Miami Under but Cal's offense has been medicore and thinking 28-17 would sound right and even 31-17 wins . Not that I like Cal just trying to make logical sense with my predicted score vs the spread ...

:cheers:

Good point . Was actually thinking about the impact of Wisky having 12 FLA players on its team setting up some bragging rights in this matchup . :shake:

i actually would lean the over in the first game, probably a no play, but just a little devil's advocate:

weather--looks like a little fog but not much wind and no rain forecasted
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNC0121?from=hrly_graph_tab

unc thrives off of turnovers and big plays downfield, which i think they will be likely to get both against wvu (despite wvu's good turnover margin). redzone defense is a huge reason for wvu's success statistically on defense. but they face a very efficient redzone offense today--15 rushing tds in the redzone, and the acc's top passing efficiency in the redzone. 85% of the time unc is in the redzone they've come away with points. i think wvu has one of the most overrated defenses in the country...i expect the good unc running game to allow yates to become comfortable, and once he gets rolling he'll pick apart that wvu defense.

on the other side of the ball--let's look at the option attack of georgia tech, although a little different, the most comparable team they've played against imo. they ran for 6 ypc and over 300 yards. 20 first downs. gt turned it over 3 times, missed 2 fgs, and turned it over on downs twice to put only 7 pts on the board. this unc team makes plays, but they give up yards---acc's second worst at 357 per game

i think both defenses are a little overrated because they give up yards, but make plays and bend but don't break. add in the opportunistic nature of these two defenses, i think we see some short fields resulting in easy scores.

bol fellas

I took over 50 in San Fran......but every time I see "UM" , I see Cooper running up and down the field vs. the Ags. Venture to say these two defenses are slightly better.
Gut play , for action.

Press

obviously this is a far different game and situation, but i still think it's tough to entirely ignore the last 3 wvu bowl games of 48-28, 38-35, and 38-35

obviously this is a far different game and situation, but i still think it's tough to entirely ignore the last 3 wvu bowl games of 48-28, 38-35, and 38-35

46 seems low when looking at that.....
I'm on UNC already, don't know I want to add to this game.

GL

Press

big play for me at under 48 (bought .5, i see it as a crucial #) Cheap TDs are the only concern for me, but i think this should barely scrape the 40's... Plenty of time to prep this game.

big play for me at under 48 (bought .5, i see it as a crucial #) Cheap TDs are the only concern for me, but i think this should barely scrape the 40's... Plenty of time to prep this game.

Good deal . I personally don't see it in the 40's.I expect it to stay in the 30's. I think we will be fine but then again shit happens also.GL to us.

Wow that sucks. Both teams deserve to lose.Defense is still on the bus. They might drop 70. My under is a loss and just a bad bet on my part. On to CBB and NBA.GL yall.

Back