Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
A busy Saturday and I don't have much time at all so I'm just gonna run down the plays I'm making and if you guys got questions about other games go ahead and fire and I'll try to respond when I get time...

Lean to Miami after Pata's death but MD has been winning games they shoulda won all year (why no cover at WV though, ugh)... I was able to take 4 with a small juice upcharge (-112) so I did it... as the Terps should really struggle against a fired-up Cane defense and the change to another QB - ANY QB - is a welcome relief for UM. This poor bunch has been through a lot this year and a win today will make things at least a little better.

The play: Miami plus 4 -112 for a small bet.

Not sure where they got off making Illinois the favorite. I will take the Boilers as they try to get bowl-eligible. Were much better than MSU last week but turnovers kept it semi-close. Illini only played OSU close last week cause it turned into a Tresselball 2nd half game. They've only beaten one team with a winning record since the start of the Zook Era (Rutgers in the opener last year when down 17 in the fourth quarter). Purdue defense has only given up 16 ppg in the last four and Painter and receivers seem to be clicking again. The wrong team is favored. Dog has got the money the last 8 Illy board games...

The plays: Purdue plus 140 for a medium bet and Purdue plus 3 -105 for a big bet

JoePa out and Temple has been scoring - against MAC defenses. Not today. Pass.

Not sure where motivations lie here. Cuse coming off the bye but they have been all but humiliated lately on offense in recent losses; USF off a big win over Pitt, but has U of L on the road next.

Would think Mishitgan is the right side in B-town today after close call against Testy Tech last week and Hoosiers' yielding 63 at Dome, but Hoeppner is always a great coach off a loss - his teams give big-time efforts the next time out usually when that happens. That's a lot of points for Lloyd to lay in his pre-OSU week.

Read TimH for why Iowa is the right side - Kirk owns the Badgers and Stocco is doubtful today. Embarassing loss by Iowa last week makes me think this week of practice was hell. Take the points for insurance.

The play: Iowa plus 110 for a medium bet; Iowa plus 2.5 for a small bet.

GT can clinch division title with win but do you want to lay DD's on road with Reggie Ball at a full house against lame-duck coach with pride? Lean to dog if I can take 14 or more. Pass for now.

Plenty of things to like about Cincy today. The Bearcats have played a brutal schedule and their defense has performed admirably most of the time - tough environment but they've already been to Pitt, Ohio State, V-Tech and Louisville so this team won't rattle them. Letdown factor for WV was eased somewhat with Rutgers win on Thurs; otherwise this would be a big bet.

The play: Cincy plus 18 for a medium bet.

Florida State was bet down to 7 early in the week and I gobbled that up. How could you not? They rarely get there against Wake but they are always laying monster numbers. A pride spot and with X-Lee running the show, Noles looked much more complete on both sides last week. Wake's dizzying run of consistently getting outgained yet finding ways to wins ends with a thud here.

The play: Noles -7 for a medium play.

Don't see any reason to start laying it with UK even after win over Jorja last week. Vandy will play hard and this is for its bowl life, as well.
Missed the 6.5 with ECU earlier but will lay it if it pops back up against Marshall - the Pirates are 16-4 ATS since start of last year and this is their last home game.

The play: ECU -6.5 (or 7 if I start to see it going up) for a small play.

Everyone eager to bet Navy but I like EMU's progress on defense and they seem to struggle with the pass but do okay against the run this year. Looking for 17 but if not I'll likely take 14.5 or more for a morsel.
Short on time now, not sure of Kent's emotional state following loss at UB last time (41-17???)...

Big revenger for Utah and CSU is going the wrong way. This should fall about 21 or so; Utes off a bye and playing for second in the league if they can win out.

The play: Utah -11.5 for a medium bet.

No opinion in Aggieville; Ayyunem emotional state tough to figure after close 'L', while Cornhitters have been a bad road investment all year.
Where they got off making Arky a six-point fave over Vols I'll never figure out. UT is battle-tested and either QB is capable, though it will likely be the freshman getting the call. Foster will miss the first half, BIG DEAL, they got depth at RB. Dick came in Sat and played well but the Vols will be ready for him. UT has been fave in all six meetings since 92 when Hogs joined the league, winning five.

The plays: Tennessee plus 220 for a medium bet and Tennessee plus 6 for a big bet.

Tulsa line seems a tad inflated considering how well Rice has played as of late. Big loss last week might motivate Canes but linesman has caught and passed everyone on Tulsa's rating and this is a tad bit too much.

The play: Rice plus 15 for a small bet.

Lean to SMU but Houston was very impressive last week, especially on defense. But when I look at my numbers, it says Houston -6.5. Gotta lay 3 outta principle.

The play: Houston -3 for a small bet.

Made Auburn higher against sorry Jorja but not willing to lay it with a 1-6 ATS team as of late.

UW struggling but think they can break out today against Ty's old Tree - who is the worst BCS team hands-down right now.

The play: Washington -19 for a medium bet.

"There's principalities, Smokey," - Big Worm. - That's about how I feel about Bammer. Not confident enough to bet them heavy after last week but come on, giving them 18???

The play: Alabama plus 18 for a medium bet.

Me thinks Florida got about a 500-pound can of whoopass in store for Superior in his Swamp return but not sure if I can back them heavily laying DD's.

Weather a factor in Lansing and both teams (amazingly, in case of host), still playing for bowl life. I'll reluctantly back Sparty here, as I made them a 2-point favorite. Why not take a small stab?

The plays: MSU plus 2 and plus 110, each for small bets...

Is Northwestern as good as we saw last week? Not sure, but expect a slight OSU bounceback today after struggle downstate last week.
Not sure if anyone has the balls to back USU especially with the way the Reno train has been rolling. Weather could be factor. I'll bite.

The play: Reno minus 29 for a small bet.

Not sure where they get off giving Texas Tech 9 in Norman. Yes, OU got hosed last year. Yes, they are solid and will play in a big bowl. But their offense should struggle at times against a Tech defense that has improved weekly. Tech's road struggles are keeping me off this big.

The play: Texas Tech plus 10 for a medium bet.

Would consider La Tech a little (made it 33.5) but this is a Hawaii revenger and they just score at will - best 'O' in nation vs. worst 'D' = trouble. Total can't be high enough.

Lean to Arky State in the shit games and Fla International but gonna pass unless numbers jump inordinately the other way from where they are now....

GL all!

:shake:

Added Notre Dame/AFA UNDER 54.5. Weather not supposed to be a factor but I expect ND to let AF move it between the 20s but then tighten things up in red zone. AFA under 20 ppg at home this year but will play hard with the extra day to prepare.

This is a medium play, as well.

Missed one. Green Wave's bowl hopes still there if they can get a win today. Why not take points vs. USM team off a short week?

The plays: Tulane plus 5 and plus 190 each for small bets.

Looks great, buddy.
With you on Miami and Bama. Gonna go take another look at Tulane though, and maybe tail ya a bit.

BOL today, Rex.

GL Rex - lots to like on your card. I was looking at ECU and Rice in particular to add to mine.

Rex- Read this week's bullsheet and you'll see that outside the Big Eleven we have a lot in common. I'm adding MSU to my plays even tho I didn't post it.
GL:cheers:

GL rexy, EMU is at 17 right now, I got them at 16 and wished I'd waited a little bit.

Card looks pretty nice

Did take EMU plus 17 for a small bet, Galt... GL to us.

Yes Timmy. I make numbers. I hope they all bet against me. I will bet more. That's the way it works.

Back in a bit...

Well Rexy it looks like they finger diddled that game a little bit and see it ended on 3 just about everywhere. I didn't really like it either way, but when it started to go off 3 I bit on a small play on the Illini.

Back