Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Well, another loser last week. See if I can't get this turned around today since I'm not sweating the horses today, lol....

I made Central Michigan the favorite against Indiana. They are a far superior team and IU was +5 in turnovers last week; the only reason they scraped by Northwestern. If the Chips don't lie down and take it in the face like their style has been the last few years against BCS teams, then they should get the cash here. Schroeder (RB) is a freshman stud that grew up less than an hour from the Bloomington campus back home and IU (and the rest of the Big 10) let him get away because of a knee injury his senior year in HS. Make no mistake - this guy is a monster.

The play: CMU ML.

Air Force at only a touchdown now at West Point? The Army defense has been very solid lately, but getting a steady diet of inept offenses.

While Cuse has been a consistent money-burner under Robinson, this team did go to the pizza palace last year and shocked Louisville as about a 40-point dog in an outright win. The Cards are improving and sport a nice win over USF last week but the Bulls really aren't very good, whereas the CUSE has been competitive (at least) in the last month or so. As a DD-home dog, I'll try them today.

The play: Cuse plus 13 for a medium bet.

Not sure that Virginia can lay points to Miami at this point but it's a go-with vs. a go-with there, so I'll watch it on the TV and maybe get involved at the break.

UConn at home. UConn with revenge. WV without their coach. WV without Slaton. Sorry, but 66-23 is hard to ignore and I don't think the Huskies have magically gotten 44 points better in a year.

The play: WV -3.5 +110 for a medium bet.

OK. Minny covers every week. Northwestern lost Sutton and most likely Bacher is out today as well. This is far too many points for the Gophers to lay to anyone, especially a well-coached team coming off a tough loss that usually finds a way to compete throughout and have a chance to win at the end.

The play: Northwestern plus 7.5 for a medium bet.

Situation couldn't be better for Iowa State, who didn't punt last week yet nevertheless got beat by two touchdowns at home by Aggie. Lotsa points here for Chizik in a letdown spot for Okie Light.

The play: Iowa State plus 31 (would take 28.5 for the same) for a medium bet.

I'm getting reports of lots of dissention in the ranks in Oxford, despite some of the recent Ole Miss success. The Rebs are 2-2 at home and haven't beaten an SEC foe there. Aubbie gets an extra couple of days of rest and Tommy T gets a chance to steal one on the road to get back into the bowl picture and quiet some of his critics.

The play: Auburn plus 7 for a medium bet. It's now 6.5 everywhere - at 6 and 6.5, it only warrants a small play. Nothing below 6.

Who is Wyoming to lay 6 to anyone? The last time they covered a pointspread, we were trying to figure out if Curlin would win the Breeders' Cup Classic - in 2007.

The play: SDSU plus 6 for a medium bet. Would take 4.5 to 5.5 for a small bet.

Arkansas's strength of schedule, their emerging rushing offense and their confidence is a key today. Tulsa's Gus Malzohn wants to thrash his former team, even with Houston Nutt no longer there to squash his pass-happy dreams. But a touchdown is far too steep of a tariff for Tulsa to lay to their most capable opponent yet.

The play: Arkansas plus 7 for a medium bet.

Bet UNDER in Colo/Ayyunem but price no longer warrants it. Only go UNDER 52 or better if you see it again.

Looking for insights on Pitt/ND. If Rutgers can score about 20 points all year, then put up 54 on Pitt last week - is it an aberration/throw out game or is it a sign of trouble in the Pitt secondary (ND is chucking it around with a little more success as of late).

Utah State QB Borel should give Hawaii fits on another mainland trip for the Rainbow Warriors. If I see a '7' pop up, consider me on the Aggies for a small bet. Nothing yet.

I had Tennessee last year at home against South Carolina in a game in which they were thoroughly dominated, yet figured out a way to win it on some BS (see any ETG thread for details, lol).... this year Spurrier gets his revenge.

The play: South Carolina -5 for a big bet.

Public pressure driving Florida up. Everyone wants to remember the end zone celebration from last year. Fine. But also remember the Colombian drug lord (Moreno, I love that name) should also have success in gashing the Florida defense as the UGA line has quietly improved in the last month or so. Sure, the Gators appear to be playing as well as anyone this side of Austin right now, but I'll side with Richt, who is an absolute MONSTER in this role away from Athens (8-5 as a SU dog and 10-2-1 ATS in the same role)...

The play: Jorja plus 7 for a medium bet. I will bet more if public pressure puts it to 7.5...

USC minus 46? I mean, I know UW is bad, but with Ty on the way out, you figure them to at least give an effort today. With Cal on deck, expect Pour-It-On-Pete to show some class.

The play: UW plus 46 for a medium bet.

I know Kansas's defense was rather sieve-like last week, but K-State gave up a double-nickel... in the FIRST HALF... Kansas's offense has enough firepower to generate a lot of points as well, though they do miss the power back from 2007. Still, at home and laying only a shade over a touchdown, it looks like the Hawks are the side.

The play: KU -8 for a medium bet.

Passing in Lubbock. Made the game Texas 4.5 - and would be interested in laying 3 - though I do acknowledge that this is the first true Texas road game (UTEP and Colly don't count).

Purdue with Painter is a better team now than Michigan. Assuming the offense gets off the schnide a bit this week, I can see the defense slowing the Wolverines enough to get a close win.

The play: Purdue -1 for a small bet. Would lay up to 2.5 for the same.

Can San Jose really lay 17 or so? Idaho did show signs of life with a win last week. Passing for now.

New Mexico State just flat out blows. Losing to Idaho proves that once again this program is making sideway prograss under Shallow Hal. Tonight, the Boise defense shows just how far Holbrook and Co. need to progress to get to the upper division of the WAC.

The play: Boise -21 for a medium bet. Lean UNDER 56.5 as well.

I made Florida State the favorite today in Atlanta. The question is whether the Noles can be disciplined enough (I think they do have the athletes) to defend the option. If so, even with a dinged up Smith, a small recommendation for FSU on the ML...

Going with Rocky Long and his Lobos despite the collapse in Colly Springs (shoulda been up 17-0 in the second)... as Utah has a big BCS-buster at home on short rest (Thursday) so they're just looking to win and get out. It's not a sure thing in Albuquerque.

The play: UNM plus 7.5.

Situational capping dictates a play on Arkansas State. It will be a small one because of the talent disparity and for the fact that Bama must well remember the loss to U-La-Monroe last year and shouldn't take this one lightly for BCS considerations.

The play: Arky State plus 23.5 for a small bet.

GL fellas....

:cheers:

Good luck, Rexy. Not against me on anything (except Minny) which is always good.

May tail you on a few.

Thanks fellas...

Cal gonna be played in a rainstorm. With Oregon getting the other QB back, that one could well go to the wire.

This is copy/paste from fourth to last paragraph:

'I made Florida State the favorite today in Atlanta. The question is whether the Noles can be disciplined enough (I think they do have the athletes) to defend the option. If so, even with a dinged up Smith, a small recommendation for FSU on the ML...'

Suspected you would be on C Mich. Glad to see it..

Iowa State is an interesting case study.. right side there IMO..

GL

I'm not to far from Berkeley & its not raining right now, we have had on & off rain mostly off. We havn't had any rain this year so the Fields should be draining fine, at this point I wouldnt put too much into the rain, more into the wind factor. The move on the total has been a lot more drastic than the weather. More to do with the wind I'm waiting to see what happens.

Butting heads heavily on Minnesota/NW today. However I did get the line at 6, but this is a perfect play for Minnesota to win by DD here. Two teams going in the opposite direction.

GL today with the rest.

Thanks fellas...

Indiana - Nice username... but I am by no means a MAC homer. I'll bet against 'em just as sure as shit as I'll bet on 'em...

Bjorks - Yeah, opposite directions is right. Just too many points for Minnesota to start laying.

We'll see; it's gonna be tied going into the break and I'm gonna hang onto my bet even though Minny gets it at the half. NW defense has done a solid job thus far...

Nice pick on those pesky chips. It helps me to have the good wagering sign of approval. My only regret is I failed to take them M.L. BOL on your other bets especially arky and arky lite. Take care Rex

:cheers:

Piling in at the half on Notre Dame.

Looks like Stull is a no-go and the Irish seem to be in control. Bostick and the other backup just won't get it done.

The play: Notre Dame 2H PICK even money big...

GL...

It's 24-0 midway through the second, bro. You missed nothing. With the bullshit going on in Jacksonville and South Bend, I've figured out a way to piss off about half of what I made earlier today when I got off to a great start...

Back