Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Pretty disappointing week two card for me. Usually I will have more action than this, but I guess the lines are a little tighter this time around than they were last year at this time.

Miami O was plagued by turnovers last week in the season opening loss to Vandy, but three things put me on the RedCocks today.

1. They have two extra rest days - Utah is a physical football team, much more mature than the Wolverines. Not an easy opponent to recover from.

2. The Commodores solidified themselves as a decent football game with the pounding of South Carolina on Thursday night.

3. The Wolverines and their pedestrian offense is trying to lay three scores-plus to Miami.

This goes to the wire.

The play: Miami O plus 14.5 for a medium bet.

Northwestern/Duke a very intriguing matchup. Revenge points squarely at the Wildcats, who dominated last year, yet still lost outright at home. But the Dukies have brought in a new coach and returned some talent. The Devils thrashed a solid I-AA last week at home and I expect a similar effort this week. If they can contain Bacher and Sutton, this goes to the wire and don't be surprised with the straight-up win.

Another week where East Carolina catches more than a score in a home game? I know WV has weapons, etc., but Skippy clearly enjoys a coaching edge here, and the Pirates won't beat themselves.

The play: East Carolina plus 8 for a medium bet.

Don't know why Doctor Bob was so eager to bet on Minnesota. Sure, the Gophers escaped against Northern Illinois last week, but these Falcons just handled a very decent Pittsburgh team on the road. Expect a raucous home crowd to urge the Falcons to at least a touchdown win. Remember, last year BG overcame a -2 or -3 turnover deficit to win in Minneapolis as a DD-dog. Would lay up to 5.5.

The play: BG -4 -117 for a medium bet.

See Cincy's record ATS and as a RD under Kelly. This is a dangerous game for the ultra-talented Sooners. If UC doesn't commit a ton of turnovers, they certainly have the talent to stay well within this inflated price tag.

The play: Cincinnati plus 22 for a medium bet.

Wisconsin appears to totally outclass Marshall and I made the game 25.5. We'll see how right or wrong I am about these two teams' rankings after this one.

The play: Wisconsin -20.5 for a medium bet.

Leaning Miami of Florida, but no bet yet.

Leaning OVER in Reno, but passing for now as well. Hell, there was one punt last night and the fuckin game didn't get to 60.

Weather influences the Ole Miss/Wake Forest game, but I'm not sure what that matters in what should be a very tight affair. Ole Miss got a nice upgrade at HC (a situation similar to what Meyer stepped in for the Zooker at UF), as Orgeron left good recruits for Nutt - and this, after all, is an SEC catching more than a touchdown against an ACC team. I'm not sure which two teams it is matters in this case. After what I saw in Atlanta last week, I'd be a fool not to try the Rebels. The only thing scaring me off is Wake's impressive showing in Waco last Thursday. They just won't beat themselves.

The play: Ole Miss plus 7.5 for a medium bet.

Big revenger of the year and I have had it circled for awhile. Did I say this last week about Temple? Yes, but it holds true this time too. The Owls, as four touchdown dogs, were literally robbed of a victory in Storrs last year. This time everyone returns and they've been talking big around town about this game. Now it's time to back it up against a UConn team that always seems to be on the right side of the breaks. If Temple can avoid handing the game over, they have the better team and should be favored.

The play: Temple plus 7.5 for a big bet. I would take 7 flat as well - a widely-available number.

Rice catching points against Memphis? How? That offense is sick. Memphis can't keep up.

The play: Rice plus 3 for a medium bet.

Monroe a well-coached bunch that won't beat itself. Arkansas has some growing to do.

The play: UL-Monroe plus 14 for a small bet.

GL all!

:shake:

Have any opinions on Arizona vrs Toledo?

I went to toledo and do not think they can travel across the country and hang with Zona. Certainly not for their first game of the year, even though they have some veteran Qbs, recievers and a good offensive line. Is 23 too much too lay?

Always respect your opinion....

Rex: Any opinion on Akron/Syracuse? I swear SU coach must have photos of AD sucking someones dick, no other way to explain this guy still being employed.

I like almost all of your insight, other than Temple. Think that viewpoint is just flat out wrong, particularly that Temple has more talent than UConn...but I guess thats kinda life because everyone is just so excited to get on the revenge angle.

You really think that UConn doesn't want revenge, too? That they aren't tired of hearing that bullshit all year long?

We'll see, I guess. I don't think the rain helps Temple at all, but I guess it should keep the score down.

FWIW, and because I don't like to outwardly disagree, I am also on Bowling Green, both Miami's, and D-U-K-E.

The word from down in NC is that Duke's attitude is totally different this year...

Seabass: I think Duke gets the $$$ as well. NW beat a shitty SU team last week & was actually down to them 10-9 before SU self destructed. IMO NW not very good on either side of the ball.

GL CKR . I for one always appreciate the early season insight .....

That UConn line just seemed strong since I looked and it seems everyone is jumping on Temple now as a home pup.....Have to do some quick research into the Huskies I guess....would seem to be with you on most though...also Wisky had a sloppy 1st H and there offense was churning but had some miscues to cost them at least 2 TDs( as i am sure you know) so they played alot better then thatfinal .....BOL bro:cheers:

You really think that UConn doesn't want revenge, too? That they aren't tired of hearing that bullshit all year long?

Happen to strongly agree with this point Seabass.. :shake:

GL today Rex-- NIce looking Card.. Mi ohio is my POD, so glad to see you on it as well. Mich covering a three score spread with that offense:36_11_6:

Notre Dame 2nd half OVER 23 even money.

Line looks a little cheap to me; both teams moved it a little bit. Let's see if we can get some more points - or an ot or two...

Medium bet.

Miami Florida +23. Walters is going to be on it shortly and I expect it to move in the next 3-5 minutes. Too many athletes, too much pride to give four scores to. Medium bet.

GL...

Hell of a day so far Rexy it looks like . Hope you keep it up

Nice pick on Rice. unreal comeback! unreal game!

:cheers:

Still can't believe the final two minutes!

Last edited:
Back