Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
OK fellas, back for the final full card of the season (though next week will be plenty busy as well)... Another winner last week thanks in large part to Illinois going to Columbus and winning the game on the field...

Swamped here at the shop. Had a lean to Hawaii last night once it got below six but was wise to stay away from it. Hell of a game and a finish.

Another tough card today. Gotta stay selective.

West Virginia has a couple of extra days to prepare and the BCS berth for winning the league (and if they get some health, a chance to play for it all) is rapidly approaching. Dangerous Cincy figures to give them a battle for 60 minutes but Mounties are 12-3 ATS last 15 away from Morgantown and doesn't seem to get rattled. Big plays figure to get the guests the cash.

The play: West Virginia -5.5 for a medium bet.

I made UConn almost a full touchdown higher than they did so will gladly lay less than 20 at home against sorry Cuse. I'm a tad worried about the non-explosive nature of the Husky offense and the potential backdoor being ajar but Cuse has been a profitable fade for me all year.

The play: UConn -19 for a small bet.

Should be a raucous atmosphere in Bloomington today as IU likely needs another win to get to 7 and cement a bid in a bowl for the first time since the Mallory Era. A rare sellout is expected as the Hoosiers wear throwback uniforms and honor their 1967 Rose Bowl team. Emotional advantage goes to IU, and that and QB Lewis should be enough to propel them over a mediocre Purdue unit this time.

THe play: Indiana ML for a medium bet.

Congrats to Messy State, where coach Sylvester Croom should be in any discussion for national coach of the year honors. The Dawgs will likely be bowling in December for the first time since Jackie's time in Starkvuhl, but this is a tough spot. Johnson is probable and Monk is now back for the Hogs, and this will likely be McFadden's last home game. Extra motivation for the Little Rock native, who returns home to play this one. He had just 84 yards on 26 carries last season, a 14-point Hog win.

The play: Arkansas -10.5 for a medium bet.

Boise really rolling now so I can see them perhaps getting over hefty tariff before the break against overmatched in-state rival Vandals, who are just 1-9 ATS last 10 WAC games... Boise owns wins in last two by combined 94-7 and are 18-3 ATS on the blue field in their last 2 home games since 1997...

The play: Boise -33.5 for a medium bet.

You have seriously contrasting efforts last week to offer value in Houston today. The Cougs were mysteriously whitewashed last week in Tulsa while Marshall shocked everyone by thrashing East Carolina. But the Thundering Turd are just 3-12 as a road dog since 2005 and I'll bank on Houston to come with a better effort today in hopes of getting to a better bowl.

THe play: Houston -11.5 for a medium bet.

Really liking N.C. State and their recent performances under great coach Tommy O'Brien. The Pack have won four in a row and own five straight covers now, and catch six against a Wake team that mystifyingly disappeared last week at Clemson. The Pack should come after Skinner, who has been really getting beat up lately and NC State figures to play extremely hard as their pursuit of a small bowl continues. Take the points.

The play: NC State +6 for a medium bet.

Louisville's defense is much better than it was earlier in the season, when it was chewed up and spit out by about everyone. With capable Brohm back firing bullets, expect the Cards to trade punches with South Florida throughout, and give them a chance to win it at the end.

The play: Louisville +8 for a medium bet.

Minnesota with nothing left to play for but pride, but I have been impressed by the slow progress made by the Gophers (especially on defense, where they were particularly solid - albeit at Iowa - last week). Weber seems to have a grasp on the spread and with Donovan banged up and Hill likely out, it's likely to be third-string Brown who gets the call again. Expect this to go to the gun.

THe play: Minnesota +14 for a big bet and ML small.

TCU now steamrolling towards the post-season with the return of all-everything D-End Blake and UNLV has lost last six. No problem laying it against this much-maligned bunch, which might be coachless once again soon.

THe play: TCU -17 for a medium bet.

Pitt looks inviting at 12 or more but I passed for now.

Great situational spot for Northwestern, catching Illinois the week after the big shocker. Wildcats need a win to likely wrap up a bowl bid, but team speed and athleticism will make it tough to come by, even though I expect a flat effort out of the Zookers.

Monroe/Bama game should be a shootout. The Hawks have yet to contain a BCS-capable offense on the road.

THe play: ULM/Bammer OVER 54 for a medium bet.

GL all; I'll try to respond to any questions about specific games and get in here for some halftime fun if I do anything later...

:cheers:

Sir Rex,
Please provide your thoughts on the west virgina/cincy total...mounties d is not very good and cincy has put up the points...thanks for your effort !!!!

Goob: A lot of those Cincy points all season have come directly because of their defense. I am not a fan of the UC offense, which is why I ain't scared to lay it today...

Like those picks today Rex...Glad to see you back on the Pack again after they got you the cash last week. Lets do it again and get that straight up win

Rex,
I like Louisville this evening, as well. Although, the line seems to keep climbing. Seeing a lot of 9s. What do you attribute the line movement to and do you think it continues to go up? Thanks and GL.

Rose: I just think that's someone fucking with the line. I expect it to go down sooner than later...

RJ: Tennessee going good but I wouldn't be interested in laying any kind of big price with them today because they'll get Vandy's best shot and two of the last three years, it's been a pretty good shot.

GL Rex - UConn and Arkansas both look good to me today, and I lean to WV as well.

Thoughts on Utah and Byu?

No opinion on Mishitgan/OSU. I would have taken 4 if the gun were to my head.

The MWC is a big clusterfuck right now. New Mexico is usually a live dog, while Utah is definitely a go-for as well. I might get in there at halftime...

Not really.

2H UNDER 31 in Buffalo/BG game. Falcs like to sit on the lead when they get up like this. Important game for East and bowl ramifications...

Rex - Looks to me like Louisville DL is pretty beat up coming into this game and their best CB is suspended. Also of concern is any threat of a running game out of Louisville to hold off SF from just unleashing the pass rush on Brohm.

Louisville
Date Pos Player Injury Status
11/17 8:16am CB Rod Council Suspension is expected to miss.
11/16 8:03am DE Peanut Whitehead Back is expected to miss the rest of the season.
11/14 9:49am DT Aundre Henderson Undisclosed upgraded to probable.
11/13 8:34am DE Brandon Cox Undisclosed injured last game, "?".
South Florida
Date Pos Player Injury Status
11/14 9:56am WR Amarri Jackson Knee downgraded to doubtful.
11/12 8:06am OT Marc Dile Leg injured last game, "?".

BC/Clemson, I made it about what they're using.

Looks like good money coming for dog late here, but no surprise there. Just a little bit too high...

Gun to head like dog to cover but for Clemson to win a close one.

Every pseudo-wiseguy I know likes T-Tech.

I favor Okie if you can lay 7.

Just too physically strong. And it's a big revenger from the fuckery of two years ago...

Total, no opinion either. Lean to UNDER. Tech's defense was embarassed last week; I expect it to be a little better at home. But I also thought it would be in the 70s; so there's no value in betting UNDER in the high-60s...

Back