Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Lines are even tighter this week than they were last week. I can't believe it but sure as I sit here, I have fewer bets even now than I did then...

Wake always seems to keep it close against Clemson. In fact, depending on where you shop, if you've taken Wake plus the points in all six previous meetings with Grobe vs. Tommy, you'd have gotten the cash every time. Last year, the Tigers handed Wake their league loss in Winston-Salem. If the opportunistic Wake defense (25 turnovers forced) can grab a few more today, their offense should be able to trade punches with Tigers.

The play: Wake plus 9 for a medium bet and ML small.

South Florida coming off three straight losses but I have no interest in Cuse, which just continues to digress. Shocked that this isn't 20 or more but recent skid gives me value on the favorite.

THe play: South Florida -15.5 for a medium bet.

If Arizona State can rebound off the tough loss last week in Eugene, much prefer that side to sorry UCLA bunch that might now be playing for a lame-duck coach. Bruins also could be down to a fourth-string QB and that's a bad sign against a Sun Devil defense that will be eager to atone for troubles last week against Dixon and Duck offense.

THe play: Arizona STate -6.5

Illinois played OSU tough last season in Champaign and anytime you want to give Ron Zook double-digits, I'll always be glad to take them (5-1 last year, first spot in this role in 2007)... With the close call last season, expect Juice to have plenty of confidence considering the Illini outgained OSU. Respect the Buckeyes and their remarkable Big 10 run over the last few seasons, but if it doesn't come to an end next week - it might today.

The play: Illinois plus 15.5 for a medium bet and ML +550 small.

FSU is now seven for eight in the last 8 'dog' spots, and proud Noles now have a chance to wreak havoc on another ACC hopeful titleist. Glennon has been better as of late but FSU's offense finally found its stride last week and expect a carryover today.

The play: FSU plus 7 and ML for a medium play.

Waiting for San Jose to try and lay 3. Holbrook is healthy but give me Dick Tomey over Shallow Hal for whatever if you give them equal teams...

Marshall 6-15 last 21 ATS. Skipper is 14-3 last 17 as a visitor since 2005. Thundering Turd has very little chance to contain surging Pirate offense (46 ppg last 5 vs. C-USA teams). Missed the price here. Bad deal.

THe play: East Carolina -7 for a medium bet.

Is Oklahoma too easy? Maybe. It's a score-namer, that's for sure.

THe play: Oklahoma -38 for a small bet.

NC State was on my map last week and this is definitely a "go-with" now that Tom O'Brien's efforts are starting to pay off. That's three straight wins, while Carolina's sputtering offense (16 or less points in five of last six games) should struggle with revenge-minded Wolfpack.

The play: NC State -3 for a big bet.

Lean to Cal but passing for now. Need more info on both sides; it would be appreciated.

Nothing else looks too zesty, and I'm not a big fan of any of the totals, really, either.

Will be interested in listening to anyone who can talk to me about a game that I might be on the fence about.

Not too many plays, and if you have questions about a certain game, just ask me and I'll try to respond when I get a little time....

:cheers:

Rexy,

Any thoughts on BC in a bounce back spot down at College Park laying less than a TD? Maryland is beat up to all hell right now and BC only laying the one score.....

Scarf: Tough to tell what BC's mentality will be. This new coach has never experienced defeat before.

To be honest, I thought BC was very overrated and it was entirely possible that they could lose 3-4 games down the stretch now that they start playing some teams with a pulse. Still, MD is very beat up. But I don't want to try to give Ralph a touchdown at home.

It would be MD or nothing for me.

Thanks Rex.....appreciate the insight as always.....BTW, LFAO at the Brent Musberger drinking game! Good stuff.

Cruz: I like their offensive balance but Kansas continues to get the cash week in and week out and a couple of their recent throttlings look very impressive now. THey appear to be on a collision course with Mizzou.

Also can't trust OSU's mental state after spitting out the big lead last week.

Can't make a winning team lose, so gun to the head, I'd have Kansas. I might get involved at halftime but that would require me to NOT play the Musberger Drinking Game... lol...

Rex,

Glad to see you on the Wolfpack...Hopefully we can bring home the cash for you. Wasn't able to make it up to the game this week, but have started my tailgating and am ready for this one... Lets end this losing streak to the Holes.

Rex,

Glad to see you on the Wolfpack...Hopefully we can bring home the cash for you. Wasn't able to make it up to the game this week, but have started my tailgating and am ready for this one... Lets end this losing streak to the Holes.
:cheers:

Rex.........any worries about lack of O for Illini against a solid D? Seeing Illini's O struggle to move the ball against Michigan frightens me...

thx!

As long as our O-Line can keep the pressure off of Evans, I think NC State should be able to pull this one out for you. Good luck and go Pack!

rex, sorry to hijack but can you tell me anything about the Toledo basketball team? They're playing my Bears tonight who have quite a few guys back.

Hey Rex...real quick.........you didn't identify the size of your bet on ASU......small, medium or big bet on the Devils?

Cub: People I've talked to think Toledo could be pretty good but they are awfully young and play a pretty brutal non-con schedule. I'd say the line for tonight (SMS 1 or 1.5) is about right...

Illinois will certainly struggle some on offense but if they don't turn the ball over, they stand a fair shot...

GL Rex - like the FSU play. I was impressed with their effort on both sides of the ball vs. BC. Best performance by their OL in years imo. Eddie Royal doubtful for VT hurts their chances even more in the passing game.

USC/Cal - Cal has really hurt themselves with TO's the last couple weeks and will need to correct that against an opportunistic USC defense. Booty figures to be better this week with more time to heal up the finger. Cal will miss Rulon Davis DE with knee injury. Tough game to be imo.

Rex, I would urge you to reconsider B.C., while I agree with you that they were a tad bit overrated I believe the last 2 games weather affected their passing ability which won't happen tonight. U.M. is missing all 5 starters on O-Line as well as numerous other injuries and while they play hard the team is just absolutely depleted!

where is most of the action leaning towards at the shop for the SEC tilts of aub/ga and sc/fla rexy? gl

Hunt: Almost the same amount of bets on Fla/USC but more $ on the Cocks..... We are also drowned to Auburn, so we'll need the Dawgs... but not a bad spot to be in.

Wyoming starting their late-season swoom again? An awful lot of points to lay but Utes really rolling good now; the bye might or might not help... I'm passing.

We are also drowned to Auburn, so we'll need the Dawgs... but not a bad spot to be in.

I have to admit, I don't get the Auburn line at all. It's not very often I'm looking at a line thinking WTF, but I did here.

1. How is Georgia only a 2 point favorite? It seems to me it should be 5.

2. Why is everyone on Auburn?

I can't say I've had this feeling in a long time, but something seems fishy here.

congrats on state there rex...what a finish to that one...2 int's not taken to the house and that is a different final score...oh well...pack won to make it 4 in a row

Back