Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
For those of you here for the write-up, you'll be sorely disappointed. I did it last night at the house and was going to finish it this morning... But I forgot to finish, edit and hit "Submit this thread" before I left for the shop.... so all I really have time for is the plays. I can try to explain them later if I get time....

Ask about a game, and I'll do my best to offer thoughts... even on the ones I'm not betting...

Miami Florida -17.5 for a big bet. Marshall best D player out for year. New coach; statement game.

This week 1 bullshit with releasing the lines a month early cost me a price on teh UConn/Duke game, as anyone smart was on the dog. Hopefully squares push it back up and I can take 6....

Wyoming should have won last year in Charlottsville and now gets the Hoos at home. How are they not favored?

The play: Wyoming plus 3 and ML for small bets each.

Not sure who Nebraska is to try to lay three touchdowns to a Reno team that consistently gets the cash. Shuckers with a big one next week; I expect 10-14 point win.

The play: Reno plus 21.5 for a medium bet

Wazzou is better than people want to believe; Wisky is a middle of the road Big Ten team. Despite Bert's magic last year, the guests are teh way to go.

The play: Wazzou plus 14.5 for a medium bet

Another game where the line opened wrong but got corrected before I could bet was GT/ND. This game gets played next week, maybe if we're lucky, we could take 4 with GT. But it got bet down too quick.

Illinois is stockpiling talent and I love Zooker as a dog but Mizzou looks like it might have a little too much talent today. But I don't want to lay any kind of substantial points.

One day people will learn that Wake Forest is not to be faded as a dog. In fact, in this game, the defending conference champs return most key players from last year while BC lost a great coach. Don't understand the price.

The play: Wake plus 6 and ML for a medium bet.

Waiting for BYU to get to 3 and I will lay it.

Army has never won a road game to start the season in school history. NEVER. I like Akron a bit more than most to start the season.

The play: Akron -5.5 for a medium bet

Anyone remember Boise/Jorja a few years back to kick off the season? I do.

The play: Jorja -6 and UNDER 56.5 medium

Colorado State is going to be a surprise contender in the MWC. Colorado has the coach's son, a freshman, starting at quarterback. Wrong team favored.

The play: Colorado State plus 3 and ML for medium bets

Cal in a huge revenger. Ainge with pinky issues. I made the game 9.5. Gotta lay it.

The play: Cal -6 for a big bet

Nothing else for now.

GL all!

:cheers:

Reno is starting their 3rd string center and has their best def. player suspended. I think it's blowout city, myself. Plus, in 2005 they lost 55-21 the opening week to Wazzuu. In 2006, they lost the 2nd week 52-21 to Arizona St. When they step up and play the big boys early in the season, the results aren't there.

GL Rex. But do you really think Wisky is only a middle of the road Big 10 team. (could be homer in me). Liking that Miami Florida bet though. GL man

Im Going To Follow U On Some Of Your Picks. So Make Us Some Money. If U Get A Chance Give Me A Thought On Ucla/stanford Game. I Think That Ucla Will Blow Stanford Out. Ucla Has A Lot Of Seniors Returning And Stanford Just Blows.

I like ECU if it gets above 28. Motivation, etc., only takes you so far. ECU starting a 2nd string quarterback but either one gonna struggle. It comes down to ECU defense to keep it close; which I think they lose by no more than four scores.

Sig - Yes. Wisky no better than 5th in the Big 10 this year.

Cubsker - i am aware of your thoughts. Guess we'll see what happens.

BigT- If you ever see me lay 17 points in a season opener on a road team in conference play, shoot me. I know LSU got the cash the other night but in any other matchups, those covers are few and far between. Stanford had this team beat two years ago in this game. I'll pass but certainly think new coach will infuse life into the dog.

One question Rexy...any thoughts on CMU/Kansas game?

Kansas is impossible to try and figure out, but I'm close to taking CMU...

Ended up following you on the Miami play Rex. Got 17 at bookmaker so I had to jump on it and not worry about the hook. Lets cash it man

Rex, I love Cal as well and I think they will be real fired up to exact revenge from last year. You might want to look into the over in Nebraska/Nevada as Nebraska returns everybody on offense and lost their whole defensive line.

Jump: I like Kansas if I can get 7. It popped up earlier but I missed it. Central lost 3 guys to the Niffel. That's not easy to replace at any MAC school. And don't underestimate the fat man....

damn, i was lookin for your thread last night! will you typically be postin on sat mornings cuz i wake up at noon so we might have a problem here! lol! gl today bro!!

Jump: I hope you right and I wrong about UVA. I ended up not betting at all. Line didn't go up and the store is DROWNED to Wyoming...

Duke I like because UConn has no business laying points on the road. That said, I wanted 6 and it never existed.

GL KK and Ramble...

hey Rex what was up with the Oregon movement. Just got home and saw 17.5. Wasnt it 16 right before the early games started`

Oregon popular public side today. Having trouble writing Houston tickets... Gotta do something to make people take the dog... I can see why they want to move it that high.

Back