Saturday's CFB...

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sorry fellas. No time to finish the writeup today. Did what I could...

Friday night game: No opinion. I think the coaches should settle it at mid-field with an eat-off. See who can last the longest. Think it would fill up three hours with commercials???
Saturday...

I like Iowa's team a lot but ISU always comes up with an extra-special performance against the Hawks, even though Ferentz is 19-2 ATS in these spots... will have to pass. Note that Iowa was -4 in turnovers last week yet still won at Cuse (though they lost me the cash). I made the game 15 1/2 so nothing stands out at this price. Thought it might go down from 13 but noooo...

Illinois/Cuse - the Toilet Bowl??? If I had to bet, I'd have the Illini. Cuse on emotional downer after last week but my God Illinois is bad. Flip a coin.
Made Minnesota lower against Temple but anyone who bets on Temple hates their money, plain and simple. Pass, and would only have Minny or no one.

Ohio State is much better than Cincy but I like the way the Bearcats clawed and scraped last week even though they didn't get the cash. D'Antonio has things going in right direction and Tressel will do little to embarass him if he doesn't have to. OSU flat as a pancake in this spot with Texas in rearview mirror and Penn State up next. Talent-wise, this would get ugly. It just won't turn out that way.

Prediction: Ohio State 30, Cincinnati 10
The play: Cincy plus 30 for a small bet

Duke looks like the right side to me at this price but have to wonder their emotional state after deserving to win last week and coming up short.
Wake Forest was awful last week but I can't see how they can justify making UConn a six-point favorite. I'll be on the dog small in this spot, as I think they will win it outright.

The play: Wake Forest for a small bet

Does Virginia have the right to lay 10 to anyone? Not sure but don't want Cubit in matchup with Groh and Hoos, who I think will improve this week.
Skip K-State/Marshall. I need more data, got no opinion there at all.
Rutgers is going to be a covering machine. They'll get the cash again this week because they will figure out a way to slow the quarterback...

The play: Rutgers -15 for a medium bet

Ball won't be able to keep up with Purwhoo but who are the Boilers to try and lay this number when they let a punchless Miami O offense outgain them last week in an OT win. Ball is better than that. Don't think they'll win but the points look good.

The play: Ball State plus 17.5 for a medium bet

Letdown likely in Mount Pleasant for Akron, even though this is a revenge spot for Zips. They're coming off a win at NC State, while Central has faced two much tougher foes and should find the running game some success this time against softer foe. Line value with the home team.

The play: Central plus 1.5 for a medium bet

Pass Kent/Miami and EMU/Northwestern. Made both games close to number.

Will be back early in the morning to finish up with the card. Enjoy your weekend and good luck to us...

:shake:

Rex- This will maKE YOU FEEL GOOD.
Cincy, Wake, and Ball are all on my card. :drink:

were thinking the same bro...Central and Ball for me too...lets cash this MAC shit...

And slowing Everson should n't be that tough...shit that was a once in a lifetime game for him...

agree with you on central mich....i was thinking the same thing although many on the boards seem to like the zips.....i also like the fact that it is their 3rd game in a row on the road........teams tend to get worn out with so many in a row away from home.....

solid looking card, Rex, don't disagree with any of them...looking forward to the rest of the gard...GL bud...

Week 3 blowout!

Rexy:

Heres what I got and some of the picks that I feel strong about. Give me your feedback when you have a chance.

Va Tech making some blue devil ink -35
Rutgers taking Ohio to town -15.5
Texas dropping a bomb on Rice (every year is the same) -33
Mizzou and that crazed Offense running over New Mexico -14

Some other plays im playing with:
KSU-Marshall Over
Miami +4 and the Under
Gophers -41.5

ps: how the chicas in Jaco?

GL today, CKR

Great card, buddy.
Wow...you and JOB on Testy St. Might have to tail you guys...cuz they should put up the points to cover easily.
Enjoy the great games.:cheers:

Great spot for Cincy here....I'm all over it. Prolly gonna do a correlated parlay with Cincy and Under as well. My book still has not caught on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks fellas. Back to the rest of this mess...

Central Florida should be the favorite against cross-state rival USF. Saw that Dr. Bob is on the other side and that's why the line flipped back to where it opened but I don't see how Team Turmoil is going to go into the Citrus Bowl and steal one from the hosts. UCF got trounced last week in the Swamp but that Florida team is a damn good one and the experience of playing a better team will help them today. South Florida may be 2-0, but it needed a miraculous late-game fumble last week to beat Florida International, a three-touchdown underdog. Let's take the 1.5 with the Knights.

The play: UCF plus 1.5 for a medium bet.

Finally I get a chance to bet against Wisconsin. SD State cost me the cash in week one but they are off a bye and have traditionally travelled well to Big 10 venues (Ohio State, anyone?)... If Mougey can effectively run the offense, then they definitely have the chance to pull the upset. Would have liked to do better with this number but I'll take the two TD's and see what happens.

THe play: San Diego State plus 14 for a medium bet.

Pass Boise, though I would have fave or no one, might still get involved if I can lay 6.5 or less.

I really think Pitt is better than advertised but I like Michigan State too. They were the only damn Big 10 team to do anything last week save for Ohio State. Will sit this one out til half but I look forward to watching this one, it should be good.

Wow, Florida laying 3.5 at Rocky Top. I do like UF's team and think they will be a damn good one. They might even win tonight and call me a sucker but I'm taking the points. UT will be as fired up as they were in the opener against Cal and only the lackluster performance last week makes them the 'dog' today, which is not the right thing. Big-time game.

The play: Tenny plus 3.5 for a small bet.

Was leaning towards Baylor against Wazzou but the number is close to what I'm using, so I will pass. Perhaps could make at plus at plus-14.
Totally missed the number in South Bend. Was looking for Mich at plus 7 or more. Cannot take 4.5 or 5 in a game that could easily fall 6 or 7.
Oregon I believe is the right side vs. OU but I did see both teams play last week and was unimpressed with either, frankly. Pass.

Louisville has been waiting for this game for 2 years but I cannot give points to a Miami team that never loses as an underdog.

Fresno has no business laying points on the road to a Washington that should move the ball up and down the field at will against them. I really like what Stanback has done so far this year and their offense has been solid - even if the defense has struggled.

The play: Washington plus 3.5 for a small bet

Kentucky has not won its SEC opener since 1987, yet they're trying to lay 4 points to Ole Piss? Pass out of sheer confusion, lol. I did make UK 3.5.

Pass Texas/Rice. Made it 33, no value either way. Rice will try hard but who knows UT's mindstate.

Texas Tech/TCU has the potential to be one of the best games of the day. Big revenger for TCU, who was up 21-0 midway through the second quarter before completely getting run out of Lubbock is a 70-35 bloodbath two years back. But Tech offense still has firepower, tough to visualize them losing if it turns into a track meet.

Won't play East Carolina, which is 2-3 plays from being 2-0 instead of 0-2. But they look to be right side against struggling Memphis.

No opinion in Jorja/U-ab. Would have dog or no one, due to scheduling, etc.

Can Messy State lay 11 or more points to anyone? Know Tulane defense is bad but I gotta take the dog out of principle.

The play: Tulane plus 11.5 for a small bet

Not sure what to make of NC State's mental state after Amato's nim-witted Monday press conference and a couple of players admitting to how devastating the loss to Akron is. They can line up with Southern Miss but tough to take a FG or less on the road after last week.

Missed number on Vandy, who has shown two gritty efforts in a row on the road, and could have easily won in Tuscaloosa last week. Arkansas showed little last week vs. USU breaking in the new QB with his offense. They ran the ball all the time - and I would be scared to take Vandy even plus 7 cause I'm not sure how confusing this offense will be if Mustain is allowed to throw as much as he wants this week.

Arizona State should thrash Colorado but not sure how well they will play in first road game and the effort they had against NAU sorta cancels out the impressive win last week.

LSU/Auburn, wow, what a game. I don't see offenses doing a lot in this one but the total is just a little too low for me to get involved, especially in a game where overtime is always possible - barring missed kicks, lol...

Northern doesn't have any business laying 24 to anyone after head-scratcher last week but not interested in Buffalo side that needed smoke-and-mirrors to stay with sorry BG last week.

Florida State should throttle Clemson in a big revenger after the performance last week but not sure if FSU can run against anyone right now. Will pass for now but favor Noles -4.

Nebraska is rarely in this role - DD dog, but usually performs well in it. On the flip-side, this is only the second time in the Callahan era that NU is playing a pre-con game on the road, and we all know how bad the Big 12 North has been. USC is loads better, better athletes, better coaching, and they've got bulletin board fodder thanks to that goof defensive back who spouted off. Hide the women and children as the turnovers will bite the Cornshitters in the arse.

The play: USC -17.5 for a medium bet

Mizzou has been bet up to 14 from 12.5 and I can see why; the Tigers are in big revenge mode and absolutely clobbered Ole Piss last week while the Lobos were lucky to escape with a win against hapless Mumme State. Tough to lay 2-TDs or more on the road but chemistry evidently is strong for Tigers and that's a good thing early on. Expect Daniels to carve up NM defense.

The play: Missouri -14 for a medium bet

Utah and Utah State. Bleh. Ute offense finally got untracked last 3 Q's last week vs. I-AA but USU is at home and will surely play hard, if not well. Too many, but I can't back these clowns after the WYO debacle.
Reno now laying a FG pretty much everywhere and glad I got in before. Check out Pags and others for insight here.

The play: Reno -2.5 for a big bet.

Army looks like it's catching too many down in Texas against Ayyunem. Big military contingent and Fran knows he won't get booed out of town if they don't cover the five-plus scores here.

The play: Army plus 28.5 for a small bet

Looks like Navy should have their way with Stanford on the ground and there should be a Naval contingent there tonight too, but want no part of either side at this point. Struggles with ECU and UMass doesn't instill much confidence in the Navy for me.

Grass Skirts have been bet up and it might continue to rise but that looks almost too high to me. One thing that's not too high is the total (see Hawaiiguy).

The play: OVER 57 for a medium bet.

In the shit games, nothing stands out except a lean to Bowling Green, a lean to Florida Atlantic and a lean to Tulsa. Lots of points either way, look like a lot of crap shoots.

GL!

GL today Rex, that 3:30 lineup of games today is incredible.....my head will be on a swivel

oh, it's brutal. I can't even begin to tell you how awesome these games are. How to keep an eye on them all at once... (sigh)...

Would appreciate everyone who's got me on the messenger to keep me posted on games of local interest, particularly in the first halves (for halftime reasons)...

Question for you on those correlated parlays in CFB. What books that you know of actually accept those wagers? Do you buy that parlay system, as being successful? I'm thinking there must be something to it, if Pinnacle and some of the other books prohibit it.

Nice work Rex........glad to see you're only playin small on the Huskies. They're basically only 1-deep at most positions & some around here are already barkin for a qb change. Stanback is a great athlete but he's just not a qb.........has the tools just not the mental makeup.
They'll hang for a while but the thin, beat-up 2ndary is an Achilles heel.

GL today:shake:

Good stuff Rex...thought u'd play the Lville after we spoke about it...I can understand the laying off w/ Coker's record as a dog, esp 5-0 in a row as a dog on a road...pretty impressive shit...

I gotta lay it though...

Nice card bro.

GL fellas. Very short card for me. Will try to post halftime plays when I see the bad lines and would appreciate any in-game input, trying to track 8-10 games is no fun, lol...

Tim: The correlated parlays are losers for the house. I don't know who deals them but I know a ton of sharks constantly ask me if we do because some toolbox on the stage mistakenly left UK/Louisville open and we lost several thousand on Louisville to the OVER...

Thanks Rex, that's what I expected. Wondering if 5 Dimes allows those, they have been known to have the most liberal parlay board especially in the bases. Anybody else know?

Saw this TTech info come up earlier and line drop to pick accordingly...

Texas Tech
Pos
Player
Injury
Status
WR
Jarrett Hicks
Eligibility
downgraded to expected to miss.
CB
Chris Parker
Undisclosed
downgraded to doubtful.
NT
Brian Jones
Arm
out indefintely.
DE
McKinner Dixon
Academics
is expected to miss the season.
TCU
Pos
Player
Injury
Status
RB
Robert Merrill
Back
downgraded to doubtful.

Gary Patterson said running backs Lonta Hobbs and Robert Merrill are doubtful
RB
Lonta Hobbs
Foot
downgraded to doubtful.
WR
Michael DePriest
Arm
upgraded to expected to play
WR
Derek Moore
Ankle
is doubtful.

Not the formatting I wanted but....

Jace: I laid it with Louisville last week as one of my 2 big bets (along with Cal). No problem against bad teams.

Jaco girls, you gotta be careful with. They try to rob you blind and they are professionals, ha ha...

Fuck em up Rex. As a Nebraska home-stater I am taking the Trojans fairly big today with a nice chunk also going on Rutgers. Best of luck buddy.

Hell of a day Rex...good to see you get it rollin today..great calls.

Two pushes too that coulda been winners honestly.

Thanks fellas. Just goes to show some weeks flat betting woulda paid off. I woulda gotten juiced last week, but ended up winning cause my small bets all blew and my med were decent and big 2-0.

Yesterday, my smalls go 5-0-1, mediums go 4-2-1 and big goes 1-0.

Though like Al said, the pushes shoulda got there. And Mizzou getting backdoored hurt me, I saw a 13 pop up late so that could really be classified as a big play (almost as big as Reno).

Still, not a bad day. Back to the drawing board, and GL to you Niffel bettors.

:shake:

dollars.gif

Back