Saturday's CFB...BC DUDES DAY BABY!

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
One of the three best days of the year, easily.

Let's do it fellas.

Off the difficult loss the other night in Colorado Springs in which the UNM QB basically gave the game away. His fumble inside the 10 led to a long return and instead of the Lobos being up 13-0 or 17-0, they led only 10-7 and the momentum got all fucked. Stopped on downs twice inside the AFA 20 and held to another FG and two more turnovers and you get a non-covering loss.

Tough college card today.

Northwestern hasn't been the kind of team that can go on the road and lay more than a touchdown in league play, well, forever, basically. But Indiana is a sorry bag of shit right now and without starting QB Lewis, things don't look to improve for the Hoosiers. There's next to no home field edge and the Wildcats are looking to move up the Big 10 hierarchy before the schedule stiffens a bit.

THe play: Northwestern -8 for a medium bet.

Purdue and Minny going opposite directions, but no way can the Gophers go into Lafayette and start laying points. If the opportunistic defense can force the turnover-prone Boilers into more mistakes, they can win this game, but I still see Purdue being a bit better at the line of scrimmage. Let's see now that they are at 5 losses if they can go out and get a streak together to try and salvage a season for outgoing coach Tiller.

The play: Purdue ML for a medium bet.

Young BC QB Crane has yet to mature into solid player, and even though Eagles have won four straight, yet to consider them a solid road investment. They aren't even catching a FG against what could be the most talented young team in the league in UNC. Will Butchie rally the troops after a tough beat last week? Here's saying it happens.

The play: UNC -2 for a medium bet.

Illinois looks tons better on both sides of the ball than Wisconsin, especially on offense, at this point. Lay the smallish number and kick the Badgers while they're down.

The play: Illinois -2.5 for a medium bet.

Pitt also looks loads better than Rutgers, but the Scarlet Knight defense has been stout and that keeps me away, even though I made the game higher.

Kentucky coming off a very uplifting win over Arkansas in a game where they had no business coming out on top. While Gator offense looked great last out vs. LSU, the situations all favor the Cats. It screams 'trap'. This one is sammiched between the LSU debacle and the Jorja game... The Gators have some revenge to exact on the Dawgs after last year's touchdown dance where the whole team drew a penalty after UGA went up 6-0.... This is an early start - and the Gators came out slowly in similar spots vs. Hawaii, Ole Miss and Arkansas... and finally, it's Homecoming in Gainesville... UK's defense has yet to give up more than 24 to any opponent.

The play: UK plus 26 for a medium bet.

All systems a go for Ball State engine that is now healthy off a bye and gets crack at a beaten-down EMU squad that had Akron beat last week until a blocked FG inside of two minutes was recovered by the holder and ran for a first down. Seconds later, the Zips kicked another FG to beat the Eagles at the gun. Cards trying to move up the AP, ESPN and BCS polls (Gotdamn it feels good to say that about your alma mater) and a convincing win on their last Saturday game of the year is the only way to do it.

The play: Ball State -25 for a medium bet.

Fresno has been nowhere near the cash lately, and with yawner in Logan figuring to not grab the full attention, will reluctantly take three scores with QB Borel and Utag offense that figures to at least try for 60 minutes.

THe play: Utah State plus 16 for a medium bet.

Can Navy really lay 12 to anyone with banged-up Kaipo? Smu has quietly been getting the cash as of late, and you figure June will keep them motivated until they get into the win column. It could happen today, as the Middies are ill-equipped to stop Bo Levi and this Dallas Red Gun.

The play: SMU plus 13 -108 for a big bet. Would take 11.5 or more.

Tennessee in a great spot against Bama in the traditional "Third Saturday of October" battle. The Tide ain't won back to back in this series since I was in high school in the early 90s - and while they are favored to today, you can bet Fat Phil will have his guys at their highest level of the season in a game that could go a long way to ensuring he has employment next fall. I missed the '6' so will pass and hope my suckers continue to lay it with the favorite.

Texas has stuck it to me two straight weeks - I will give them a chance to do it a third. The Cowboys and Horns are meeting in a rare late October clash where both teams are unblemished SU and ATS. Luckily, I've been riding the 'Poke wagon for the last three weeks and it looks like, catching DD's again, that Mike Gundy will tell his team to "PLAY LIKE MEN; and BE FORTY"... (hahaha, sorry).... OSU defense not likely to slow Colt and UT offense much, but same can be said for Texas defense and its expected struggles with Zac and the Cowboy offense.

The play: Okie Light plus 11.5 for a big bet. OVER 66.5 medium.

Jorja excels in these kinds of road games. Tigers have already faced two teams back to back from much more rugged SEC East and even though this is a home game, the day start "impairs" the ability of the LSU fans to become severely impaired. I'll give a slight nod to Richt and his superior ability to coach away from Athens.

The play: UGA ML for a medium bet.

Northern Illinois is far superior to BG at this point. Huskies are fourth best team in league (also in their own division, unfortunately) - and anything at 7 or better constitutes the best MAC bet of the day.

The play: NIU -7 for a big bet.

Central Michigan rounding into form, as the backup QB Brunner led them to a comeback win over Western last week at home. Today, the trip to Toledo doesn't figure to be nearly as difficult, as the Dildo offense continues to stammer and sputter despite picking up decent yardage each Saturday.

The play: Central Michigan -3.5 for a medium bet.

Louisville has owned South Florida at home, but with Selvie prolly living in the U of L backfield, and the Bulls able to unleash dual-threat QB Grothe (U of L ain't seen one of those yet this season), lay the short with Bulls eager to get back into Big East race if Pitt mis-steps.

The play: USF -3.5 for a medium bet.

Lean to Washington today against ND but want to take 11.

Lean USC tonight in Tucson but looking to lay 14 or less.

Lean Hawaii tonight but will defer to HG there.

GL fellas!

Breeders Cup thread will be up in a bit...

:cheers:

Thanks RJ. Will try to be in and out of here all day to answer any questions.

Great shit about your Horns thread getting a little CTG love to the Wiz. Sounds like you had a good time.

Have to wonder if they've got enough in the emotional tank to bring an 'A-game' their third straight week against a very potent offense. That's a lot of points to suddenly lay.

Thanks RJ. Will try to be in and out of here all day to answer any questions.

Great shit about your Horns thread getting a little CTG love to the Wiz. Sounds like you had a good time.

Have to wonder if they've got enough in the emotional tank to bring an 'A-game' their third straight week against a very potent offense. That's a lot of points to suddenly lay.

Rexy--

We'll see about the Horns. I think you picked the right side, just based upon past history and this game worries me the most of our remaining games. If we get past Okie Lite, I think we beat Tech handily in Lubbock next week.

As for emotional maturity and getting up for the third week in a row, I think we do it. What I've noticed, and other fans have noticed, is that this 2008 team may be a better "team" than the 2005 squad that won the MNC. Not more talented at the individual positions, but a more complete, deeper, and less selfish squad--a "team".

One of the things that has lit a spark in the team has been the post 2007 Aggy attitude starting with the Holiday Bowl. Team is just playing with more intensity and Mack has made sure that the best players are on the field no matter what. Second, unlike the 2007 squad, the upperclassmen have really reached out to the freshmen to bring them along. Third, the enthusiasm of Muschamp and Major has caught on. I haven't seen the players or coaches this excited since 2005.

We'll see. I think we win a close one today, but I'm nervous just the same.

Thanks Timmy. Quite a run you've had this season - nice work.

RJ - Could be. I agree that TT has shown me little and UT could easily beat them handily next week if they lose today in Lawrence.

I know three VERY VERY sharp guys who are all over Texas, and one of my biggest suckers is on two sides today big - Okie Light and Ohio State. Ugh.

Scraps - Ivey laid Georgia Tech but that side is also a tout side and at more than two touchdowns, UVa looks solid - they've been playing hard.

SMU/Navy OVER you are dealing with weather issues and SMU's defense has been a little better as of late. It should be close to the number...

Rex, first off good luck today. Second, have you ever been to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge? Believe me nothing impairs these freaks from being anailiated at kick off. I flew down yesterday and the party was 30,000 strong last night in the parking lot !!!! Great place for college football if you have never been. This is only one I dissagree with as I see LSU winning this one on a late Colt David fg. This is LSU's first home game in a while and I can promise you it will be nuts come kick off. Whats your take on Oklahoma/ Kansas? Thanks as always Rex.

I like the Georgia ML play.
While I hope you lose it is the right side to be on.
The game being during daylight only increases your chances.

Thanks fellas.

Petal - I lean Oklahoma but that is a big sucker side. Their lofty spreads are writing checks that defense ain't been able to cash.

who knows...

Rex, first off good luck today. Second, have you ever been to Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge? Believe me nothing impairs these freaks from being anailiated at kick off. I flew down yesterday and the party was 30,000 strong last night in the parking lot !!!! Great place for college football if you have never been. This is only one I dissagree with as I see LSU winning this one on a late Colt David fg. This is LSU's first home game in a while and I can promise you it will be nuts come kick off. Whats your take on Oklahoma/ Kansas? Thanks as always Rex.

Been there, and let me tell ya it doesn't compare at all to the SWAMP baby.

There's just a weird vibe going on at LSU ya know....

:36_11_6:

Back