SaturDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
8-1-0 +4.80 on Fri and 11-2-0 +10.97 on Thurs now UP 126.92 ytd

Pittsburgh Pirates* +112
vs New York Mets +112 X1... not liking many dogs today but this one has a chance Niese is 0-3 with a 5.68 ERA over his last four starts and his latest performance was his worst of the season. He was tagged for seven runs over four innings and matched his career high with six walks in Sunday's 9-4 loss at Atlanta.Liriano is making first NL start, first '13 start; he was 2-1, 4.15 in five minor league starts, as he recovered from a broken right arm. Neither team very hot with Mets losing nine of their last thirteen games while Pirates lost four of their last six. For the 1st time in quite a while, the Pirates are going into games expecting to win, instead of 'hoping' to win

Colorado Rockies* +160 vs St. Louis Cardinals x Half...I know the Cards are playing some decent ball of late but I dont believe the Rocks deserve this large of a dog status. The Rockies (19-16) have a .103 batting average with three runs during a three-game skid. Colorado had one hit in Friday's 3-0 opening loss. Rocks entered the series with a National League-best .276 batting average and .451 slugging percentage on the road and could easily see that kind of hitting return so a just a small play here

Washington Nationals* -190 vs Chicago Cubs x1
Washington Nationals* -1 -143 vs Chicago Cubs x1... I think the Nats are way over priced here as Strasburg@ 0-4, 5.06 in his last five outings has Not looked good this yr but I will take the Nats and him over EJackson who is 0-5, 7.58 in seven starts this year.

Atlanta Braves* +120 vs San Francisco Giants x2 ...because they are my team :) ..and although Bumgarner (3-1, 2.31 ERA) will try to beat the Braves for the first time since Game 4 of the 2010 NL division series. He allowed two runs in six innings as the Giants eliminated Atlanta en route to their first championship since moving to San Francisco.But he s 0-3 with a 4.30 ERA in four starts against the Braves, losing both home outings while surrendering eight runs with six walks in nine innings.He enters this meeting with a 2.73 ERA in his last four starts, but he has an 0-1 record to show for it since he's been backed by four total runs.
Bumgarner didn't do himself any favors Monday, giving up a season-high five runs in six innings of a 6-2 loss to Philadelphia.Maholm (4-3, 3.09) has struggled at AT&T Park, going 0-2 with a 4.76 ERA in five career starts while allowing the Giants to hit .345.But he is one of the Braves' more reliable starters, yielding two runs or fewer in five of his seven outings. He ended a three-start losing streak Monday, allowing two runs and four hits with six strikeouts in 5 2-3 innings of a 7-4 win at Cincinnati.The Braves have won three of their last four games after winning just two of their previous nine contests. Atlanta has hit a ML-leading 47 home runs this season while the Giants have hit 26 -- tied for the fifth-fewest in baseball.

Cincinnati Reds* -1 -141 vs Milwaukee Brewers x1
Milwaukee Brewers/Cincinnati Reds* Under 9 -190 x1... not in love with the side at this hi price here but do like the Under. Reds are off to their best home start in 19 years and Latos is likely to keep it that way.The Brewers have lost seven of eight games this month thanks in large part to a 7.07 ERA from the rotation. Burgos (1-0, 3.00) for the first time since a 6-4 loss to Pittsburgh on May 1. The rookie right-hander didn't get a decision after giving up a pair of solo homers in seven innings.

Philadelphia Phillies/Arizona Diamondbacks* Under 9 -160 x1 ... dont like a side here but the Under has a good possibility even with Cederstrom btp. Cahill (2-3, 2.80) might need that Saturday, as he has the lowest run-support average on the team at 3.20. Lee is 2-1, 2.79 in his four road starts. 12 of last 16 Philly road games stayed under the total.

Miami Marlins* +188 vs Los Angeles Dodgers x 1 ... just because it sound good...I'm still pissed at this Dodger ball club and will be rooting for the Martlins, even as bad as they sometimes are.Marlins at an excellent price and Slowey is arguably the single-most underrated starter in the league to this point, going 1-2 with a 1.81 ERA and 0.940 WHIP in seven starts. He's 1-1 with a 0.98 ERA and 0.873 WHIP in three road starts as well.Ryu has been solid for Los Angeles, but his numbers pale in comparison to Slowey's. Ryu is 3-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 1.214 WHIP in seven starts this season for the Dodgers. Go Marlins

Last edited:
Boston Red Sox* -178 vs Toronto Blue Jays x1
Boston Red Sox* -1 -138 vs Toronto Blue Jays x2
Toronto Blue Jays/Boston Red Sox* Under 10½ -150 x1 ... except that Buchholz is coming off his worst performance of the year. I know not why this line is moving im my favor but I will except it as a gift and say Thank U.

back later with the rest

GLTA

Detroit Tigers* -240 vs Cleveland Indians x1
Detroit Tigers* -1 -180 vs Cleveland Indians x1
Cleveland Indians/Detroit Tigers* Over 7 -180 x1
Detroit Tigers* -220 vs Cleveland Indians for 1st 5 Innings x1 ....I know most peps refuse to play hi juice games with the favorite but when one capp a game and the #s say there is a very good chance of one team beating the other by 2 runs or more, U had better not get stuck playing the dog. Verlander is a perfect 13-0 (+13.0 Units) against the money line in home games in night games over the last 2 seasons. The Tigers are winning in this spot 4.8 to 1.7, or by an average of 3.1 runs/game. Verlander continues to be one of the best starter in the league this season, going 4-2 with a 1.55 ERA and 1.101 WHIP through seven starts, including 2-0 with a 0.86 ERA and 0.952 WHIP in his last three. Jimenez has been atrocious once again in 2012 as he continues to prove that he was one of the worst trades in Cleveland history. The right-hander is 2-2 with a 6.37 ERA and 1.314 WHIP through six starts this season for the Indians and he is 4-7 with a 5.40 ERA and 1.526 WHIP in 13 career starts against the Tigers. In his last two starts at Detroit, Jimenez has given up 10 earned runs over 12 2/3 innings in 1-7 and 1-6 losses, respectively. But, to be fair and balanced. Jimenez (2-2, 6.37) had a solid performance in his first outing April 3, but he allowed 18 runs over 11 innings while going 0-2 in his following three starts.He has been solid over his last two outings, though, giving up three hits in seven innings of a 9-0 win over Kansas City on April 29 before striking out eight in 5 2-3 innings of Monday's 7-3 victory over Oakland.

Tampa Bay Rays* -147 vs San Diego Padres x Half...not in love with this side but the total is a bit better
San Diego Padres/Tampa Bay Rays* Over 7 -155 x1 ...Smith has a 1.15 RA in AA Texas League, allowing 17 hits in 31.1 IP with 37 strikeouts- he pitched in A ball last year. Hellickson is 0-1, 6.75 in his last three starts and he tries to end a three- start winless drought. Last thirteen Tampa Bay games went over the total.

Minnesota Twins* +101 vs Baltimore Orioles x1
Baltimore Orioles/Minnesota Twins* Over 7½ -146 x 1...SJohnson is 1-1, 4.41 in three minor league starts; he was 3-0, 2.86 in four major league starts LY. He's pitched exclusively in the minors in 2013, though, after a right lat injury in training camp ended his chances of winning the fifth spot in the rotation. Johnson is 1-1 with a 4.41 ERA in three outings for Triple-A Norfolk.Worley is 0-4, 7.75 in seven starts this season.Worley has pitched better than some of his numbers indicate. The right-hander has allowed three runs or less in four of seven outings and his team has scored 10 times in those games. Worley gave up three runs in five innings his last start at Boston and surrendered 10 hits and five runs (four earned) over five innings against Baltimore on April 6 and did not get a decision.Four of last five Darling games went over the total.

Kansas City Royals* -147 vs New York Yankees x1
New York Yankees/Kansas City Royals* Under 7½ -130 x Half ... Yankees (21-13) will need to supply some run support for Pettitte (3-2, 4.06 ERA), who has received just one run from the offense in his last three starts.to have a chance.The 40-year-old left-hander hasn't pitched well during that span, going 0-2 with a 7.04 ERA after posting a 2.01 ERA while winning his first three. The Royals (18-14), losers of four of five are in a bit of a slump but I like Shields @1-0, 1.86 in his last four starts to do a job on the yanks.Shields put together his best performance of the year Monday, allowing two hits and striking out a season-high nine over eight shutout innings but left without a decision in a 2-1, 11-inning loss to the Chicago White Sox.While he's 1-1 with a 2.13 ERA during a stretch of five consecutive quality starts, Shields may have a tough time keeping that streak alive in this matchup. He's 7-14 with a 4.56 ERA in 26 starts against the Yankees, posting a 6.03 ERA over his last six.

Talk about tough luck, I have Pitt & over...should be 2 winners, but with only 3 outs to go the umps call the game...ughhhh. Whoops, I was wrong game has resumed, 1 out to go:dancing:

Last edited:
Texas Rangers* -240 vs Houston Astros x1
Texas Rangers* -1 -210 vs Houston Astros x1
Texas Rangers/Houston Astros* Under 9 -190 x1Texas Rangers* -215 vs Houston Astros for 1st 5 Innings x1
Texas Rangers 1st 5 Innings -½ -145* <small>vs</small> Houston Astros x1
...Darvish (5-1, 2.56 ERA) came one out away from a perfect game in a 7-0 win at Houston on April 2. Marwin Gonzalez grounded a clean single through the pitcher's legs and into center field to keep Darvish from making history. He struck out 14 and allowed only that hit in 8 2-3 innings. Darvish has not allowed a run in two outings this season and no more than three in all but one start. He gave up three runs on two homers and two other hits Sunday, striking out 14 in seven innings while not factoring in the decision of a 4-3 win over Boston. Darvish is the first AL pitcher since 2000 with multiple 14-strikeout games in a season. Bedard (0-2, 7.36) back to the rotation Saturday after he was relegated to the bullpen earlier this month. The veteran left-hander went 0-2 with a 9.98 ERA in five starts, then allowed one run and two hits in 3 1-3 innings of relief during a 9-0 loss to Detroit on Sunday. He is 5-4 with a 3.49 ERA in 15 starts versus Texas.Houston struck out seven times and was held to five hits in Friday's 4-2 loss to the Rangers

Talk about tough luck, I have Pitt & over...should be 2 winners, but with only 3 outs to go the umps call the game...ughhhh. Whoops, I was wrong game has resumed, 1 out to go:dancing:

Glad they got u the Wins Cash...I was on the side but missed the Under...and then there was the damn BoSox that lost their damn bats some where along the way of late...got the Under but lost a half on the Rocks

Chicago White Sox* -101 vs Los Angeles Angels x Half...I looked deep into this matchup trying to find something for a decent edge...didnt find anything to really like. After persevering to post consecutive victories for the first time in almost three weeks, the Los Angeles Angels are feeling confident.But with Williams is 0-7, 8.67 in his last seven starts, they may find thing a bit tuffer tonite.Williams (1-1, 3.16 ERA) makes his second straight start for the Angels on Saturday.The right-hander went 1-0 with a 1.69 ERA in eight relief appearances before he allowed five runs, including a pair of two-run homers, and walked three in 4 1-3 innings of an 8-4 home loss to Baltimore on Sunday. Williams replaced the struggling Garrett Richards, who was filling in for injured Los Angeles ace Jered Weaver.Quintana (2-0, 3.86) took a no-hitter into the fifth inning Sunday at Kansas City, but allowed three runs in the frame and did not get an out in the sixth of a 6-5, 10-inning loss.He has given up nine runs in 15 innings while going 1-0 in three starts since he threw 13 2-3 scoreless frames over the previous two.Quintana yielded four runs - one earned - and walked five in five innings of a 4-2 road loss during his only previous appearance against the Angels on Sept. 22. WS bats are warm enough for me to make a small play on them them in this spot. White Sox' center fielders — Alejandro de Aza, DeWayne Wise and Jordan Danks — are hitting a combined .302 (16/53) in May, with an .848 OPS; the rest of the club is hitting .192 (37/193) with a.523 OPS this month.

Seattle Mariners* +101 vs Oakland Athletics x Half ...Seattle (17-19) has won nine of 13, including six of eight at home.I am sure the A's are hoping seeing scheduled Seattle starter Maurer (2-4, 6.07 ERA) will produce the same results as the first time they faced him. The rookie right-hander allowed six runs, including a pair of two-run homers, in six innings of an 8-2 loss at Oakland in his major league debut April 4.Maurer will be pitching on 10 days rest, looking to bounce back after he gave up four runs and six hits in four innings of a 7-2 home loss to Baltimore on April 30.Seattle is hitting a league-worst .199 in May, but has a 4-2 record in the month as its pitching has allowed one run or less in three of its six games this month. Parker is 1-5, 7.13 in seven starts this season and he fell to 1-2 with a 5.94 ERA against the Mariners after he allowed four runs, including a three-run homer to Morse, and three walks in five innings of a 7-1 home loss April 2. I have gone back and forth on this total so I just want play the damn thing

GLTA

Back