SaturDayBases

bloodhound

Sniffing out wins
record later today, lot of series action I have to figure. I was pleasantly surprised this morning looking at my accts after a terrible Fri with the Braves,Reds, NAts A's and and Tigers

Saturday
Cincinnati Reds -228 456/200
Cincinnati Reds -1 -178 356/200
Miami Marlins/Cincinnati Reds* Under 9½ -165 165/100... if the Reds cant hit LeBlanc @0-3, 6.75 ERA they may as well quit. LeBlanc has served up eight of the 12 runs he's allowed this season in the first inning. Washington scored four in the first Monday off LeBlanc, who yielded seven and nine hits in 3 2-3 innings of a 10-3 loss.Miami ranks worst in the majors in runs (35) and team batting average (.208) while also tying the Kansas City Royals for the fewest homers in the league (five). No. 3 hitter Giancarlo Stanton - who has yet to homer or drive in a run - went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts Friday, lowering his average to .162 I dont think Miami can hit Arroyo is 3-1, 3.00 in his last four starts with six of last nine Arroyo starts staying under the total.

New York Yankees* -105 vs Toronto Blue Jays 105/100 I will have to admit I am surprised how well the Yanks are playing without their key personnel. After a couple of piss poor starts Kuroda @2-1, 2.87 ERA delivered a masterful performance Sunday in a 3-0 win over Baltimore that cost me striking out five without a walk in a five-hitter and recorded 18 groundball outs and didn't allow a runner past first base until Nick Markakis took second on a bouncer in the ninth inning.Toronto at 7-10 has now lost three of four and dropped to 4-7 at home, where it's gone a horrendous 4 for 53 (.075) with runners in scoring position.Buehrle is 1-0, 7.31 has showed signs of coming around Monday against his former team. The left-hander allowed two runs and nine hits over 6 1-3 innings, earning the victory in a 4-3 win over the White Sox.

Washington Nationals* -151 vs New York Mets 151/100
Washington Nationals/New York Mets* Over 7 -155 155/100....maybe I am just asking for 'more' punishment from the Nats but I feel good about them today. Gonzalez @1-1, 4.50 ERA pitched plenty of great games last season for the Nationals in finishing third in the Cy Young Award voting, and he certainly had his way with the Mets in his final three starts. The left-hander won all three while posting a 0.96 ERA. I think he rebounds from Sunday's 9-0 loss to Atlanta where he was tagged for seven runs and seven hits, two homers with three walks in five innings after compiling an 0.82 ERA over his first two starts. Hefner @ 0-2, 7.20 was impressive in his only home start so far, yielding one run in six innings of a 7-5 loss to Miami but he has surrendered seven runs and four homers in four innings over his last two games - one start. His recent troubles may only continue since he lost all three starts versus the Nationals as a rookie last year while compiling a 5.29 ERA.

Philadelphia Phillies* -132 vs St Louis Cardinals 132/100
St Louis Cardinals/Philadelphia Phillies* Under 7½ -125 125/100... With their offense possibly awoken and Lee on the mound, there is no way I can fade the Phillies here.

Number1...LOL yeah, just trying to keep thing in order. On the braves large as usual after they let me downs last nite. I got a bad line on them but I understand the love for the Pirates the way they are playing and the Braves have shown they are Not a cold weather team. GL pard

Atlanta Braves* -140 vs Pittsburgh Pirates 280/200
Atlanta Braves* -1 -118 vs Pittsburgh Pirates 236/200 ... Maholm has yet to allow a run in three convincing victories and one has to think of some regression coming soon but Maholm is 3-0, 0.00 (20.1 IP) in three starts this year and I'll stay with him until it happens. He has thrown a bunch of ground ball outs in his three starts this season. Two of those starts were on the road as well. Historically the Pirates have not been great against LHP, and this season has been no exception. They are hitting .158 against LHP and are 0-4 in four starts against left handed starters. Atlanta has been shut out in all three of its defeats, but another off night at the plate Saturday may be unlikely will be facing James McDonald (1-2, 5.27), who gave up eight runs - three earned - and eight hits in 1 2-3 innings of a 10-6 loss to St. Louis on Monday.His velocity is down and command is off.

Good to see on them. Got them at -129 at 5dimes. Actually still at that number now there. Where do you play?

if we were past April this would be my first 2 unit play of the year but I am trying to be good and stick with 1 unit plays until May.

Good to see on them. Got them at -129 at 5dimes. Actually still at that number now there. Where do you play?

if we were past April this would be my first 2 unit play of the year but I am trying to be good and stick with 1 unit plays until May.

#1 , I agree, If I were not up as big as I am, a lot of my plays would be smaller but if different when one is playing on the man dollar and I have never been worth a damn at money management LOL

I have 5 off shore and one simi local books with most of my action @ BOL and 5D. I see the Braves line moved against me but I played it earlier @ 140 and I always make my plays before I post and when a line has moved that much I feel like I should be upfront and post it at my #

Thanks buddy and keepup the nice work

Blood, agree with you on a lot of games today. I am on Cinci, NYY, Nats, Phi und... shit... we have the same card. Let's go get 'em, bro. :thumbsup2:

guys, I have power problems again today and the cell tower is down where I normally get my internet from

so thanks for the comments and I wish everyone the Greatest day

got power back, got internet and got a drink in my hand...hell, I;m ready to go

Colorado Rockies* -114 vs Arizona Diamondbacks 342/300 .... This will be De La Rosa's first start this season at Coors Field, and before his injury he really didn't pitch any worse there than anywhere else.Cahill has had some struggles this young season going 0-2 with an ERA of 3.50 but Cahill last start he pitched well losing 1-0 to the Dodgers. Colorado lately has been a scoring machine and they have won 7-straight games (scoring 49 runs in those 7-wins). If Cahill can not stop the Rockies offense this game will get ugly quick and Colorado racks up 8-straight W's. If I'm wrong I'll definitely have to pay for it cause this line has moved down all day...hell, what do I know

Oakland Athletics* +124 vs Tampa Bay Rays 100/124
Oakland Athletics/Tampa Bay Rays* Over 7 -155 155/100...There's no question that A's starter Jarrod Parker is struggling right now. And the Rays are starting to pick it up a bit....But Rays have been struggling to score runs lately, but this is a good lineup that will get it going soon. Hellickson will back them up and he's coming off of a great effort in Boston earlier this week. The right-hander pitched seven innings while allowing only one run with nine strikeouts and one walk. I just have this 'feeling' that this is the A's nite. 14 of last 16 Oakland games went over the total even with their injuries. Hellickson will need to bring quality stuff because Oakland has had double digit hits in all 7 road contests this year.

Cleveland Indians* -110 vs Houston Astros 220/200
Cleveland Indians/Houston Astros* Over 8 -145 145/100 ...damn, this looks awfully cheap to me. Kazmir will make his first start in two years today and this is a perfect lineup to get acclimated with. The Astros are free swingers and lead the league in strikeouts by a huge margin. Kazmir has good stuff and if he's anything close to what he was a couple of years ago, he'll be a mainstay in the rotation for Cleveland. As bad as they sometimes look,the Indians boast a pretty talented lineup and I expect them to put up some runs this season. Despite the numbers right now, the Indians will certainly score more runs than the Astros by year's end. The Indians also have a better pen and have a better defense.Humber has a 2.89 RA in three starts, but Astros lost all three games as they scored one run in the three games,and he's one of the worst starters in baseball. He had a 6.44 ERA with the White Sox last season and he's striking out only half of the batters that he did last year. So give the Indians the starting pitching edge as well. I like the Indians in this game as they are better than the Astros is every facet of the game

back in a bit, i need another drink to celebrate the Nats win Finally they remember how to friggin win :dancing:

one more 7:10 game
Chicago Cubs/Milwaukee Brewers* Under 9½ -150 75/50... Burgos is making MLB debut,he is 0-2, 2.70 in three minor league starts so far this year. Jackson is 0-2, 9.53 in three starts this season. Looking @ theSP, this has Over written all over it..I like this under :) crazy ole hound :faceslap:

Back