Saturday "will the nats still make the playoffs" discussion thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Hard to go against the Cubs hot as they are, but hard to imagine Cubs taking all 4 of these games.

E Butler pitching in front of 600 alumni from his college and a large group of friends and family in Wash today.

Hard to go against the Cubs hot as they are, but hard to imagine Cubs taking all 4 of these games.

agree with this feeling, considering Cain but i am really worried about the Romo/Casilla combo

E Butler pitching in front of 600 alumni from his college and a large group of friends and family in Wash today.

so he'll suck with an audience (i keed, i keed)

Pitt is 13-1 at home in the day. Baseball-reference has screwed up Morales with Liriano. 3 games and they only show 1. Liriano has not won in August in the last 2 years but will play Pitt

Strasburg career is reasonable on 6+. This season he has been bad. Looking at both catchers I see ERA's over 5

anybody got thoughts on the total in chicago?

Hendricks has been hit by the better teams this year...his overall #'s are decent for the most part because he's been able to shut down the weak
offensive teams...Cubs pen taxed a wee bit from the rh side...expecting to see T. Wood by the 6th inn...Cubs with groundball pitcher and inexperienced
Coglan at 2nd with plenty of lh bats in SF lineup...played SF tt over 3.5

Going OVER 8.5 -105 in KC tonight. Don't think highly of either samardzija or Guthrie and its fairly warm and windy in KC... If it wasn't Laz Diaz behind home plate id lay off but I like it with him.

Any thoughts on the Tigers?
I think they bounce back tonight. Miley off carreer high 120 pitches.

Odd situation with Simon though.

Think the bullpen will decide it. Koji is out today.

jinx if i ever saw one

Not even talking about today. The fight this team is showing the past couple weeks is like nothing mets fans have seen for how long? They actually believe they can win no matter the situation... Small sample with some Mediocre competition but it is what it is. They are having fun and that's something that hasn't been the case for many many years

Not even talking about today. The fight this team is showing the past couple weeks is like nothing mets fans have seen for how long? They actually believe they can win no matter the situation... Small sample with some Mediocre competition but it is what it is. They are having fun and that's something that hasn't been the case for many many years
Are Cuddyer and Wright expected back this season? Not sure if that would be a good thing or bad thing right now...

Since almost no one in New York gives a shit about the Mets, I feel really safe in saying no one outside of New York gives a shit about the Mets.

Back