Saturday Totals

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Over 189.5

- all my stats based on opening lines & regualtion scores

Washington

- went O/U 8-6 at an average of 207.2 points @home vs Western teams last season in games off less than 5 days rest. Only 1 of those 14 totals went lower than 185 points. Their only home game vs a Western team this season totaled 203 pts, going Under by just 3 points.

- is O/U 3-1 at an average of 202.5 points in the 2nd game of B2Bs this season. Their average off rest is 202.4 points, so any perceived tiredness affecting offense w/no rest certainly isnt applying to this team thus far.

- is O/U 7-2 at an average of 215.1 points in SU wins this season, as opposed to O/U 3-7 at an average of 191.1 points in SU losses.

- is O/U 6-3 at an average of 212.2 points @home this season, as opposed to O/U 4-6 at an average of 193.7 points on the road.

Houston

- in the TMac/Yao era for HOU, have totaled 168, 208, 216, 234 & 199 points in games vs WAS (bolded games @WAS).

- is O/U 2-8 at an average of 181.6 points on the road this season. However, they have had 3 of those Unders go under by 2 points or less, and a further Under do so by 6 points. 2-8 could easily be 5-5, if not 6-4, to Over. In fact their only road Unders to come in with room to spare, have come against MEM (*big suprise*), MIA (before Riley's lineup shakeup led to their current heavy Over run), NYK (who met HOU in the middle of a 6-1 Under home run) & last night vs CHA (without their key playmaker, Knight). Those games either Over or with just missed Overs, average 190.5 points, vs the 168.2 point average of the not-close-Unders games. Which do you think more likely with a WAS team in winning form involved?

- is O/U 0-4 at an average of 185.7 points in the second game of road B2Bs this season. These games have gone Under by 1, 1, 2 & 6 points.

Given the effort CHA gave Houston last night, and the fact TMac & Yao barely played half a game each minutes wise, means I dont think any tiredness, which has seen their previous road games on B2Bs sneak under on every occasion this season, is going to apply here tonight. As for the fact they're playing a 4th in 5 nights, I'm never one to take said situation at face value. To know the real toll such a scheduling is likely to have, is to look at what came before it to assess the real accumulative effect: Houston played 1 game in 5 days prior to this 4/5 nights, which means its only their 5th game in 10 days - Thats hardly taxing for these guys.
As far was Washington goes, you fear playing Over with them when they haven't got form on the board, and you fear playing Under when they have, its pretty much that simple. Winners of 5 out of 6, nows the time you fear playing their Unders. Oh but this is Houston, you say? hasnt stopped these teams in the Yao/TMac era from running up the scores, I see no reason why it should now. Anyone thinking this line opened too low for a Washington game hasnt been paying attention to the rate Houston has been racking up the Under results (if even only just on many occasions). Their lines had to start coming down. My biggest bet of the season to date.

I'm of course playing Jersey/Boston Under 201.5, but for a less sizable amount than the above total.

I also have a parly incl. those 2 games, and Memphis/LAC Under 187.5

SD - I like it, but of the 4 totals I mentioned last night, I came to the conclusion that was the weakest. I have a lean on that being Under, but thats it. Wouldnt play Over with Dallas off a home loss, at home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I missed the first half of this Rockets game, but after the first 5 minutes produced 10 points, the next 19 produced 93 (thats 234 game pace). But for that slow start, this would be rock solid at this point. Gotta love the fact the game is close - no blowout Under tonight, unlike last night, for Houston.

actually BC, im watching the game, and all the scoring has come from the last 6 mins of the second quarter (39 points). very good run after a very slow start.

Bets, as you probably know I see nothing live, but I did notice the last 6-7 minutes of each period in the first half produced much more than the initial stanzas of each.

Need 15 points in 8 minutes, in a 1 point game. It would take a moose twice as remarkable as the one that robbed the MIN-HOU Over a couple of days back, to deny this one.
------------------------------------------------------------

can afford 72 points in 14 minutes in Jersey, very doable.

Clippers & Memphis on pace for under at the half there.

This could be a whopper of a night.

--------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, renew & Dilemma, forgive my tardiness in not reponding to your posts - thanks and GL w/your plays tonight:cheers:

need 2 points in 6 minutes. Time to call this one in.

Can afford 60 in the last in Jersey, in a game which has a high period total of 55.

The parlay is just gravy.

Thanks Bets, and congrats.

If OT rapes my Jersey SU bet & my parlay, for one of the rare occasions I'm not going to be steaming, simply because of what the Was-Hou Over returned. That said, I want the icing to my cake, dammit.

Hell yeah baby, Pierce hits the winner inside the last second

-----------------------------------------------------------

Memphis and the Clips avoid OT, for a very nice sweep of the night.

-----------------------------------------------------------

IMO Houston will be good for a balanced number of Overs to Unders, at least, over their coming stretch of games. People will likely write off their Over tonight as *simply because they played Washington*, but I wont be fooled. Def. be looking to find a cheap coming road number again for them.

The Clips will no doubt find another Under sooner rather than later, too. Them in winning form, esp. at home, always means more Unders than Overs. 180 anything was way too high a number for tonight, and if WAS-HOU hadnt existed, I'd have been betting big straight on that. Just not part of my comfort zone to splash big A & B amounts on 2 diff games when if I really like 1, I put A & B on that combined.

And Denver & Jersey prove the power of the 230/100-100 situation yet again.

:money2:

Last edited:
Thanks, Bets. Dissappointed that I didnt have that Denver-Dallas under, I lined up last night, in my parlay. But that would be being greedy, considering everything (else) hinged on Pierce.:cheers:

Execellent day BC. You are right - some days ARE diamonds. Congrats on slaughtering the books today. Wish I would have been on earlier to tail you on these (as I usually do), but I was too buzy at work. I believe there will be more days like this as the season progresses. Glad to see all your research and work is paying off. Cash in those tickets.

Back