Saturday POY

nbafan88

Pretty much a regular
Nuggets -5 -110

Don't normally do this but Galo's injury makes this a def play for me

will add more later

I don't post a record. It's pointless to me but im not getting into that. I'll post my thoughts later, which is much more important than the play alone.

Alright. Aside from the obvious and MOST IMPORTANT b2b from Portland (sea level) to the mile high city you have a couple other things in play for Denver.

Saturday home games have been very good to the nuggets. Denver is 18-2 SU in their last 20 Saturday home games while going 13-7 ATS.... 8-1-1 ATS last 10)

These following texts are from Mikado... Basically my source for everything dealing with the nuggets

"Im not trying to know galo, because I love saying pasta bowl to galo. But I see more teamness happening. Fournier is no joke either. I have high expectations for that 20 year old. Karl hardly plays rooks, but he said itll be hard to put him back on the bench when ty returns.

A lot of the den bench is very hungry for playing time.

Without ty speed, it hurts their style of play. However andre miller may actually be worth more than all of them imo if he went down.

Check this out, the 5 of brewer, chandler, iguodala, mcgee, and miller allow only 40.9% eFG. Also their opponent turns it over 18.5% of the time. That group is also #4, overall out of all the groups of five in paint defense. And allows 26.6% opponents 3 pt

I see a lot of positives, much more d. Unders may be solid the next few, esp hou tomorrow

Its great, denver will really screw hou up mixing up halfcourt and fastbreak and solid 3 pt d will suffocate hou. Then add in guys like fournier and maybe quincy miller or anthony randolph that hou cant gameplan for.

I think perception is without galo and ty, their system of run and gun is fucked. Two leading scorers.

Looking at some comments on the denver post website, some think the nuggets are done for the season.

Maybe think the injury has taken an emotional toll on the team at the wrong time and the players look at the loss as killing their chances for 2nd rd

Somewhat stupid to think that way when this nugs team was preached to have no star and anybody can step up and prove themselves

Arguably I think chandler is a smarter and as talented as galo, just in slightly different ways". End quote.

Last edited:
Currently seeing the public backing Denver at over 70%. Would really like the rockets to win a close hard fought game tonight in Portland. Denver is the deepest team in the league. Galo's loss is not as significant as if he were on another team. Other players are waiting and ready to step in. That's not going to be a problem.

Good luck, nba. Been eyeing this one myself for a bit and will be on it as well for a max bet barring any anomalous information.

Houston is 1-4 SU and ATS this season in Saturday Away games. Against Cleveland, Philly, Minnesota, Washington and Phoenix. Past 20, 6-14 SU, 9-11 ATS

Houston on a back to back, Denver rested yesterday. Houston 16-22 on the road, Denver a crazy 34-3 at home. GL man. On it for a normal bet.

Thanks guys.

Also got this from Mikado... Thought it was really interesting.

"Andre miller said something interesting last night. .... He said Its actually a good thing they suck so much at free throws because they know they need to box out and rebound

Nugs had 9 times to take the lead in the 4th, and got it based on farieds missed 2 fts and corey coming out from nowhere to get the ball with 7 sec

Typically most teams wont try to rebound when their team is shooting, but nugs miss so often they need the extra possession.

In fact, nugs have grabbed more offensive rebounds off fts than any other team. The opponent isnt always expecting that effort boxing out at the line. So its often soft and somebody can break through and get a tip in or extra possession"

Beautiful

[TABLE="class: tableOdds, width: 1164"]
<tbody id="oddsBody">[TR="class: row-odd"]
[TD="class: team"] 4/06

9:00 PM

0.png

0.png

813 Houston Rockets
814 Denver Nuggets
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 54%
46%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 76%
24%
[/TD]
[TD="class: pct"] 60%
40%
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

line going down again

So what's the driver behind this bet? Is it the info you get from your boy? You throw out the phrase "POY" from a guy who is here everyday and knows this league. I don't understand why you don't normally post your plays track a record, etc. I do it as a form of record keeping. Basically CTG is my database. Sure I have my own spreadsheets that I track my progress, and set my metrics, but here is where I gauge my mindset by reading my posts. I don't post picks for people to follow is what I'm getting at. Now, the Washington game, if I were a tout, I'd recommend that one.

What I'm getting at is that you threw out "POY". Coming from a guy like yourself, who contributes daily, I'm really interested here to see a concise, "this is why you should bet more on this game than another". I'm not getting that in this post. What you do is your choice, but if you got something that we us regulars can make money on, then please share.

Just sharing information.

I liked this bet before galo went down. And him going down doesnt matter on this team as much as it would on another team. Back to back from Portland to Denver makes this a play on it's own.

The rockets are not a team that scares me. At all. Short bench. No parsons. If the guards can drop 30 each then wonderful ill take my chances they don't.

Mikado is someone I met over and blankets and brought him over here but he stopped posting because he doesn't have much time. Lives in Colorado and he had some type of internship/position with the Denver nuggets dealing with sports psychology or something.

If you don't like the term POY that's fine. It's my personal biggest play of the season.

I don't keep a record because it's honestly pointless. What a record shows is a total of the season. I don't know anyone that blindly tails anyone for a whole season. And I spend way to much time doing this and keeping a record is not needed.

Everyone has a different style of betting. And everyone goes thru good and bad streaks. A record doesn't show that.

The entire purpose of these message boards is to share information IMO. If you can't decide for yourself what to bet on based on information you see on message boards, you should not betting on sports unless you do so just for the action.

NBAfan,

You said, "And I spend way to much time doing this and keeping a record is not needed. Everyone has a different style of betting. And everyone goes thru good and bad streaks. A record doesn't show that." I hope to god you keep your own records. I understand not posting on a message board. For me, the write ups I do when I have time are invaluable to go back and read when I audit myself.

Anyway, I'm pulling for you bro. Hope you cash the ticket.

Of course I keep my own records. It's all in excel. But I don't make threads every day so I don't remember what my "posted record" is. It's such an overrated aspect of the online forums. That's just the way I feel.

GL

Of course I keep my own records. It's all in excel. But I don't make threads every day so I don't remember what my "posted record" is. It's such an overrated aspect of the online forums. That's just the way I feel.

GL

Not as overrated as a POY. And he didn't say he didn't like POYs, he asked you specifically for the reasons you are making this your biggest play of the year.

GL
Curious why you would feel that way? I post plays in CFB and NFL and Boxing.....I dont keep a record on the site but usually recap the previous week when I place my next bet

Why is it overrated?

Nice winner NBAfan...thnx! Don't care about your record as most of these jabronis but just post them winners

Curious why you would feel that way? I post plays in CFB and NFL and Boxing.....I dont keep a record on the site but usually recap the previous week when I place my next bet

Why is it overrated?

Its overrated because what the heck am I supposed to do with someone's past record? Is someone really tailing someone every single game to benefit from whatever that record is? I personally can't blindly tail people. It's just not my style and that's the reason I love this place. There is so much information shared day in day out.

Its all well in good for people to keep track of their performance on a forum but I don't see how random picks and a record can be useful without any information. There are so many variables that affect someones mental state when you do this day in day out. I just don't think it's that as important as sharing information. Not trying to disrespect anyone.

Its overrated because what the heck am I supposed to do with someone's past record? Is someone really tailing someone every single game to benefit from whatever that record is? I personally can't blindly tail people. It's just not my style and that's the reason I love this place. There is so much information shared day in day out.

Its all well in good for people to keep track of their performance on a forum but I don't see how random picks and a record can be useful without any information. There are so many variables that affect someones mental state when you do this day in day out. I just don't think it's that as important as sharing information. Not trying to disrespect anyone.
I hear ya....I dont blindly tail anyone, and I would think that few do here at CTG.....I think a record just shows someone's performance over time. I know who can handicap here, and the opinions I respect just like everyone else here....but the record isnt "useless" I would say.

Sometimes a big writeup isnt needed honestly....I think I can cap SEC football pretty well and Tulane athletics. I cant type well so I aint gonna do some huge writeup always...same as NFL

Agree the info is better, but some people dont want to type dissertations

damn irie let that shit hit zeros:shake:

Sorry man, this was $$$ in da bank as stated by POY...next time I will let it hit zeros but why? You were worried, up twenty with 5 mins. left..sometimes you must let your balls hang bro and call it like a man. Shake hand :)

To all the guys asking for a record, why does it matter? Nbafan is a regular poster and for those who've been around these parts for any length of time, isn't it obvious he's not attempting to mislead anyone? This was as strong of play as you'll find and a greatly deserved win. Way to have the stones to post the dreaded POY, nba- Felt similar but when I post, I lose. On to tomorrow...:shake:

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Some people are just salty. They come out of the woodwork just to post some negative crap because they don't like the term POY. Ok. Yeah that makes sense. Not sure how else I'm suppose to describe how much I like the play. If you read the first post i said that I don't normally do this and as consillence said, I'm on here every single day and don't fuck around blankets style. I'm not trying to boast myself to go tout or something so there's no need to tell me how to post. Thank you.

Don't sweat it NBA.. a lot of people on here including my self appreciate the opions and plays that you post. Keep up the good work

Excellent.

I played it, this Nugs teams has been berry berry good to me this year.

Back