Saturday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
I wont go on with the writing stuff, a lot of it is said in the Saturday discussion thread. I like some cornered rats tonight.

Toronto Maple Leafs ML 2.190 :shake:
Nashville Predators ML 3.150 :cheers:
Montreal Canadiens -1.5 2.300 :shake:

Since Nov 1st, Buffalo is 1-6 SU off a game where they scored 5+ goals and won by a 3+ goal margin.

1 of those instances was a 10-1 home win, then playing in Toronto the next night, where they lost 2-4.

Put the Leafs in a parlay because of no Sundin.

leafs are screwed without Sundin, Antropov went down tonight too... and coliacovo for a bit.

tough game to lose, scoreboard doesnt do it justice, but this might be the straw that broke the camels back for the Leafs final 10 games.

heck of a night Cat...

The only favour the leafs did us bettors is fool people as to where buffalo is headed this season. They had a miracle period vs Carolina where they couldn't miss scoring goals (which killed the Canes stone dead before they got in the game) and now this win over a compeltely rudderless leafs squad - illusions of Buffy's seriousness about making the post season should arise now.

Buffalo still 0-7 SU their last 7 games vs teams holding playoff spots 7th seeded or higher.

Montreal didn't play all that great tonight, the only thing that saved them is that the Islanders weren't interested in winning. I think they may be positioning themselves for a good draft pick, the Isles have no promising young prospects on the farm team.

leafs are screwed without Sundin, Antropov went down tonight too... and coliacovo for a bit.

tough game to lose, scoreboard doesnt do it justice, but this might be the straw that broke the camels back for the Leafs final 10 games.

heck of a night Cat...

Thanks SC, I still thought the leafs big forwards could do some damage on that already weakened and tired Buffalo defense.

The Nashville win was nice, the preds have a very good record of bouncing back off of 3 or more goal losses. I was already guaranteed a positive day heading into the nights games. 2-1 (+2.45)

The only favour the leafs did us bettors is fool people as to where buffalo is headed this season. They had a miracle period vs Carolina where they couldn't miss scoring goals (which killed the Canes stone dead before they got in the game) and now this win over a compeltely rudderless leafs squad - illusions of Buffy's seriousness about making the post season should arise now.

Buffalo still 0-7 SU their last 7 games vs teams holding playoff spots 7th seeded or higher.

You mean 1-7 with Carolina...Its true they've stumbled but they've had a tough schedule since the beginning of March, alternating home and road games every game.

cuse me, you're right (1-7)

They have Ottawa twice (h & a) and then Montreal in a 3 in 4 scenario coming up. They will be Ryan Miller's 29th, 30th & 31st straight appearances (and his 7th set of B2B duties inside that span - one doubts, since they're overusing Miller now, that Thibault will suddenly get a start). Miller has lost his last 10 starts that Buffalo has scored 3 goals or less in. They either score 4+, or they lose.

I'd serious consider a 3-game chase through those stretch of games, the problem being the game in OTT would have the home team at far too steep a price, screwing matters up (irrespective of the fact I think they'll lose at least 2 of those 3 anyway). The ideal sequence would be for them to beat OTT in OTT, then come home on the B2B vs Montreal. Def. a case of bet Montreal then.

cuse me, you're right (1-7)

They have Ottawa twice (h & a) and then Montreal in a 3 in 4 scenario coming up. They will be Ryan Miller's 29th, 30th & 31st straight appearances (and his 7th set of B2B duties inside that span - one doubts, since they're overusing Miller now, that Thibault will suddenly get a start). Miller has lost his last 10 starts that Buffalo has scored 3 goals or less in. They either score 4+, or they lose.

I'd serious consider a 3-game chase through those stretch of games, the problem being the game in OTT would have the home team at far too steep a price, screwing matters up (irrespective of the fact I think they'll lose at least 2 of those 3 anyway). The ideal sequence would be for them to beat OTT in OTT, then come home on the B2B vs Montreal. Def. a case of bet Montreal then.

If Thibeault plays, it will most certainly be against Montreal.

Back