Saturday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Washington ML 2.520

I think this is a great spot for the caps to catch the habs napping. The caps with great work ethic, habs werent good in afternoon affairs last year, and this is great value! May add more later, I must step out for now.:cheers:

Some news Lippsman posted on the other site:

Washington Capitals' news:

The team's plane had a mechanical problem yesterday, they were delayed by nearly four hours and it forced them to cancel practice.

Brian Pothier joined the growing list of wounded Capitals on Thursday after rugged Boston winger Milan Lucic drove his shoulder into the side of the defenseman's head early in the second period of the 2-0 Bruins victory. He did not return for the third period and is listed as day-to-day because of an upper-body injury.

Pothier ranks sixth on the team in points (14) and average ice time (18:41), and could be sidelined along with defenseman Tom Poti (upper body) and winger Alexander Semin (tailbone injury).

"Nothing is etched in stone, but if we were on a teeter-totter, I would be teetering toward not," Coach Bruce Boudreau said of Pothier's status. "Semin is not [in Montreal], and Poti is 99-point-six-and-a-half [percent] that he's not going to play.

Thanks Mikey. Seems this morning when I looked I thought there was lots of good opportunities, but after a hockey game followed by a visit to a couple who just had a baby, its thinned a bit.

Im only gonna add:

Boston -0.5 2.500

Brodeurs had some success against the bruins but I dont think he'll be playing tonight. Thomas finding his groove back, plus this is NJ's 3rd in 4 nights, a b2b with some travel.

last time I backed Bos against NJY, they led 3-0 after 1, and lost by 1.
They lead 3-1 after 1 today, so maybe they're going to lose by 2.

Don't like the way Bos are going about things in the 3rd. 2 straight PPs and not only do they not have a shot, but Jersey totals 5-6 shots. Trying to nurse home a 2 goal lead this far out spells death.

What a final period. Thats exactly what they did in Jersey when they blew their 3-0 lead. Somehow they survived this time. Precisely why they're not a good team.

Back