Saturday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
I'm slumping a bit this week. Let's snap out of it in a big way tonight with some good value for the pucklines.

Philadelphia Flyers-1.5 3.110... This team is due for a breakout win.

Detroit Red Wings-1.5 3.340... Really the best team in the NHL, but also my nemesis team as I always seem to be on the losing end of a bet whenever Detroit's involved. ButI'm thinking they'll bounce back after a loss. Minny is a worthy opponent, but Detroit usually gets up more for worthy opponents than crappy teams.

Vancouver Canucks-1.5 3.300... Phoenix playing some great hockey but all streaks must come to an end.

New York Islanders-1.5 3.390... Thinking the Isles can string some wins together. :cheers:

BOL

I was looking at the under 5 in the SJ/ANA and the over 5 in Det/Min

Agree with Vancouver but not the 1.5. Vancouver in first game of a b-b on the road is 14-2. Really hard to pass that up but 8 of the 14 wins were by 1 goal so you go from 14-2 to 6-10 by laying 1.5. still obviously hope we win by a lot. GL

you chasing losses by going puckline only?

I wouldnt say Im chasing losses tonight. The fact that these games are pucklines is just cause they happen to be better value than on most nights and that I believe they can win.

<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

I wouldnt say Im chasing losses tonight. The fact that these games are pucklines is just cause they happen to be better value than on most nights and that I believe they can win.

<style type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</style><style type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</style><style type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</style>

i realize what i said might've sounded like an insult and i really didnt intend for it to be. your record speaks for it self, but it looks like trying to get out of the slump by going for high odds. nothing wrong with that, its just ballsy :smiley_acbe:

i realize what i said might've sounded like an insult and i really didnt intend for it to be. your record speaks for it self, but it looks like trying to get out of the slump by going for high odds. nothing wrong with that, its just ballsy :smiley_acbe:

Im not offended bro. Some may not like to have their plays criticized but I honestly dont mind it. I' m not that concerned with the minislump really, I just wrote that as filler cause Im not that good at writeups lol:shake::cheers:

<STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE><STYLE type="text/css">.wysiwyg { background-attachment: scroll; background-repeat: repeat; background-position: 0% 0%; background-color: #f5f5ff; background-image: none; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal } p { margin: 0px; }</STYLE>

OK, heres the dish on Anaheim

Record ------- Next game's result
10-8-3 --> lost 1-2 away
11-9-4 --> lost 0-4 away
12-10-4 -> lost 1-5 away
14-12-4 -> lost 2-4 away
15-13-4 -> lost 2-3 at home

Every time this season Anaheim has gotten to be 2 games above .500 (excluding extra time losses), they have lost their very next game. So what is their record heading into tonight's game vs SJ?

17-15-5

To me its down to the fact they are having one of those year's in the shadow of a SC win. Even with Rob back this team isnt doing anything this season IMO. they've won 2 straight, and have only once won more in a row this season.
Their record off a loss followed by 2 wins (L->WW->X) is 1-3 SU.

What stings is that the isles, and especially the flyers, were so close. 1-3 (-0.66) for the night.

Back