Saturday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Montreal Canadiens -0.5 2.130

Toronto-Montreal are always hard fought games. And its nice to see the leafs doing well as I feel less stupid now for predicting they'd finish first in the division:seeya:.The stats don't lie: Montreal's young team appears nervous when playing at home, even the coach is nervous; quickly making new line combinations and very often too - too often in fact. But Montreal showed some things against Philly that I think should carry over for a couple of games: a clicking powerplay, their fast perimeter game, new additions from the farm team fitting in very well and making others around them better, Kovalev who's been irregular in past years is playing awesome and is being given more room and more ice-time to carry the team. Montreal is always in good shape when it can dictate the game with their speed and they shouldn't be short on effort tonight.

Phoenix Coyotes ML 2.840

I like the chances for a little Phoenix road magic this afternoon.

:Tumbleweed2:

Carolina Hurricanes ML 2.500

Carolina had a good effort last night but just ran into a hot team. I can't see Carolina losing 4 straight. Philadelphia has owned them this year but if trends were never broken, half the teams would go 82-0:7_2_111:

um wow Cat

now thems be some pretty Bold picks ya got goin!!

wow! Phoenix is walkin into a Snow and Ice storm in NJ, SO is another warm weather team with Carolina in Phillys Rotating W and L scenario thats been hitting for close to a month now, with the L at NJ coming next so it better be a W for Philly here to keep that WLWLWLWL Madness in Motion, and yes, weather effects hockey people, and then the Doozie!!
Habs? losing 6 str at home, Tor has won 6 of its last 7 and rolling into this place while the Habs still throw a Rookie in net? ahh Mr Price! although i hear Huet may skate in the A.M to test so hey, theres something positive! lol wow Cat, Good luck to you!
Seems like a bold card !!

Thanks Magica. Id be very surprised if Montreal started Huet. He hasn't done very well in the past against the leafs, so I'm guessing the coach'll keep Price in. Myself Id like to see Halak in because if theres anyone on a mission its him, as he didn't take being sent down to the minors at the beginning of the year very well. I got to say its interesting you mention the weather, though I can't say I'm too worried about that aspect, if anything the more cold they are, the more they should move their arses lol

Nice hit w/PHX, catfood.

My problem with going against Philly is they've got the longest alternating streak of wins & losses going -11 games - and 19 of their last 21 games have been alternated results, and they enter this game off a loss.
Philly is 10-2 off a loss this season.

But BOL:cheers:

Thanks BC, you know I love being right on Phoenix games, almost as much as the habs. I cant argue with the trend at play here. What made this worth the risk is that I rank Carolina much better than Philly. I see Carolina as an elite team in the east and philly as just outside of being an elite team, and the hunger factor, I think Carolina will want it more. Good luck to you.

And thanks Devil, SC, Mikey,BB. Phoenix is in the bag, lets hope the effort I put in to put those fancy graphics in my initial post allow me to have a 3-0 night.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not playing against Carolina. I'd think Ward can't keep letting in goals at the rate he is, and all streaks come to an end. This is just one streak I'll not bet against.

I cant blame you for not playing this game BC. Sometimes Ive fallen victim to what my pre-season predictions were (like with fading Atlanta and Nashville), and I feel Carolina will represent the east at the dance. I guess I can be stubborn lol

Did you know Grahame was in net, catfood? it struck me that CAR's price being slightly inflated, but I never prechecked the goalie issue because I wasn't betting it.

At least they tied it up after going down 0-1.

Did you know Grahame was in net, catfood? it struck me that CAR's price being slightly inflated, but I never prechecked the goalie issue because I wasn't betting it.

At least they tied it up after going down 0-1.

I checked but nothing was confirmed or anything, I figured Biron'd be in for Philly though, not that it affected my decision, the four goalies of these 2 teams are pretty equally average right now.

:thumbsup: congratulations Cat money;

Thanks Devil:cheers:

What a night, it'd been a while since I had a 3 game sweep. I feel good. Phoenix and the habs werent that close and Carolina winning in a shootout, well that always takes a bit of luck being on the right side of that, although Carolina were deserving winners with philly getting some lucky bounces to send the game in OT. 3-0 (+4.47) for the night. After being stuck in the same position for a while and somewhat obsessing about it, I'm finally reached 50 units and the 20 games over .500 mark'an_horse':cheers:

Back