Saturday Picks

catfood

Flying Frenchman
Philadelphia Flyers -0.5 2.130

Taking the flyers for the same reasons I took the penguins last night. Id like the puckline here, but since the regulation win is over even money, it'll do.

New York Islanders -0.5 2.090

I think Atlanta had a good run there for a while but they're back to where they should be, which is being crap.

There are similarities but they are not the same. I believe the Islanders are a good play and the Flyers are not. I think you should take more time on that game and probably avoid it. GL

There are similarities but they are not the same. I believe the Islanders are a good play and the Flyers are not. I think you should take more time on that game and probably avoid it. GL

Well if the regulation win was below even I wouldn't take it, but in the spot Dallas is in its like their 7th game in 11 days, and Philly's lost their last 3 at home. I think its worth a shot, but why do you say that Tuck?

Adding Tampa Bay -0.5 2.130

Tampas been on a losing skid no doubt, but their last 2 home losses were against the rangers and the devils; both teams were very hot at the time.

With Pitt we had a hungry team sitting on the bottom of the division with a goaltender Fluery who had had 2 very good home starts. Dallas had gone through the brutal schedule and had just fallen down losing a game they had a 2 goal lead in. Dallas did what we expected. They lost the second game. While that happened Turco got 2 days rest and with 2 or more days rest he is 5-3 this season and he gets to come in off 2 losses to seriously wakeup his team vs I assume Biron who as a team in last 3 home starts has given up 16 goals. His last 4 home starts his save % has been under 90%. I see very little positive in the Flyers right now and could easily see a Dallas bounce back against this team. Pitt hungry young talented, good goalie who was coming out of an under achieving period fit nicely but not the Flyers with Biron. What I see.is a Flyer team that is what they look like. A bad home team that wins off a loss and loses after a win. That is not what I will bet on.

Best of luck.... if it helps i took the Flyers and the Islanders on one of my 5 team parlays :-)

You may be in good shape. I see a lot of strong cappers on the Flyers today. GL

tuck, your reasoning is solid as always, but I'm leaning PHI as well. The thing is, Dallas is on a horrid road trip, they had a huge winning streak, they're fine with it. Lehtinen being out and now after the streak stopped I don't think they will be able to stay in this one.

The fact that Philly has won 3 last road games and lost last 3 at home is a small peculiarity, I still think they're better at home. I would lean Philly here big time, still have to check some things first.

GL tonight Catfood. :cheers:

by "horrid road trip" I meant of course the scheduling of it, a tiring road trip, not that their results were horrid. Quite the opposite actually.

Santa, gsro, Satyr, Tuck, Scope, TS. Thanks guys for the inputs and well wishes:cheers::shake:

Turns out you were right tuck. 1-2 for the night (-0.87). What irks me is that my leans for the other games (except Montreal) were mostly right.

Back