Saturday Pacers @ Heat: Guess The Line

Gorgolon Lives

The Reverend of CTG
I think we will see the Heat as a small of favorite...maybe -2.

I think the Heat break the streak tomorrow.

Post your line. And we'll see what comes up in the morning.

:tiphat:

tinsley out and I could definitely see miami W. Their losses aren't horrible. They play well, and despite what newspapers say Shaq, when he was in, looked really good. past meeting have been close games. looking at covers matchup page, 9 of the last 10 have been decided by 5 pts or less

<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2">
</td><td class="datacell">
</td></tr><tr><td class="datahl2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

tinsley out and I could definitely see miami W. Their losses aren't horrible. They play well, and despite what newspapers say Shaq, when he was in, looked really good. past meeting have been close games. looking at covers matchup page, 9 of the last 10 have been decided by 5 pts or less

Indy has allowed over 103 in their last 10. Mia wont have trouble scoring. And if O'neal AND Tinsley are out, Indy should have some offensive issues.
<table class="data" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td class="datahl2">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

If Tinsley and O'Neal( clearly out) both DNP then there is a great chance they break the streak seeing how poorly Indy has looked @ Milw @ Chicago. The duo is probably worth 5, 6 points....I think if they were both healthy and Shaq OUT we would see Pacers as small chalk say -2.5 but if Tinsley plays tmrw I think we might see a PK(maybe -1 either way). Its just hard to figure what the perception of either team is after the recent games. I wouldnt all be suprised to see you guys guess correct at -2 or even -3.5 though I think Tinsley would need to be out. Its hard to install Miami as anything higher then 3 on such a long L streak IMo.....Is this DOlphins / Jets all over again???

Last trip Indyt was heathy with both its stars as was Miami and it was only 6 points which proved to be to much as Indy won SU.....:cheers:

PKem with Tinsley

looking at past opponents

recently

Indi was +5 at chicago (take out homecourt Chicago -1.5)
Miami was -3 vs Chic (homecourt- pk)

so by those Miami should be -4.5, however Miami has lost all since CHicago and MIami's homecourt advantage is not worth the typical 3

so I'd say -1.5

miami on a terrible losing streak with double revenge and indy with no idea how to stop a 2 guard. i love this spot.

miami pk or -1 is my guess, it would be hard for vegas to make a team on a 15 game losing streak a favorite

my guess, streak ends tomorrow, they had something going against the spurs, if tinsley is out and the pacers keep shooting jump shots, miami is very live to win this one

with that said, however, Miami has been in a lot of good spots throughout this streak, catching a lotta teams in spots that would normally be flat spots, and in a couple "must wins"- and you know what happened in those.

Miami should get the W here, but they have lost what 15 in a row for a reason

looking at past opponents

recently

Indi was +5 at chicago (take out homecourt Chicago -1.5)
Miami was -3 vs Chic (homecourt- pk)

so by those Miami should be -4.5, however Miami has lost all since CHicago and MIami's homecourt advantage is not worth the typical 3

so I'd say -1.5

Miami also lost by 30 to Chicago so I would say -3 was a bad line and at best it should have been a PK....so probably 3 poinst to many there.....

I think the line will say a lot. statfox says proper line should be indi -3.

if indeed we see indi -3, I'm staying away

I think the line will say a lot. Miami games will be bet on a lot, esp with a short card 2m. many people looking to bet when they'll finally get a W. lotta others know this is the worst team in the league

miami's season doesnt have any "must" wins. they are dead. they have a team filled of players who dont know what it takes to win at this level, a nice player in haslem and a supernova in wade.

I do think there were many must wins thru this trip, but agree that MIami's heart just don't show. They've lost many of these games in the 4th Qtr, which is odd with a player like wade. he gets the same calls as Lebron, and Cleveland owns 4th Qtrs

Its really not worth debating...

I do think if Indy was healthy they would be -2.5 ...but who cares really cause they are not....

Interesting trends...Dog covered past 10 ATS and is 19-7 past 26 with road team going 9-1 ATS L 10

Its really not worth debating...

I do think if Indy was healthy they would be -2.5 ...but who cares really cause they are not....

Interesting trends...Dog covered past 10 ATS and is 19-7 past 26 with road team going 9-1 ATS L 10

Sportsnut, how can those trends matter to you?

Sportsnut, how can those trends matter to you?

I never said they mattered. Just info...You would have to look at the meetings indivually and see if there was any link to the DOG trend. Just at face value though neither team fears playing in the opponents home building which means home court tends to be a minimal factor when making a decision in this matchup.....based upon a quick glimpse the past 10 meetings all but 1 have been decided by 5 points or less....

Miami lost by 2 @ Indy and by 3 at home this season......

Thats all...

that most recent stuff i like but 30 games back seems crazy to me. why you not make your daily thread any more so i can play in it like i use to?

Get distracted by them. Tough enough to make 20++ decisions a night w/o hanging around the forum. I throw my opinions out there...said Houston tonight as soon as the numbers came out yesterday , heat on TNT , Wolves vs Suns..just to much going on trying to cap CBB as well. Damn Peacocks took away from a huge night! Should have been like 5-1 in CBB but managed just 2-1! Not enough time ...

So is this cakeoff or Brewer.....sounds to much like cake....but I dont want to get anyone in trouble...besides I am logging off for the night...BOL!:36_11_6:

Get distracted by them. Tough enough to make 20++ decisions a night w/o hanging around the forum. I throw my opinions out there...said Houston tonight as soon as the numbers came out yesterday , heat on TNT , Wolves vs Suns..just to much going on trying to cap CBB as well. Damn Peacocks took away from a huge night! Should have been like 5-1 in CBB but managed just 2-1! Not enough time ...

So is this cakeoff or Brewer.....sounds to much like cake....but I dont want to get anyone in trouble...besides I am logging off for the night...BOL!:36_11_6:

Are you SportsNut or Handy ?

i miss handy dandy but he's better off just lurking now i suppose. im pretty sure he took his boy t mac and the rockets tonight.

like mia alot here if its PK im all over them. i would still play mia at -3 at max
good lookout believe

Honestly I know the point of this thread, but IMO Vegas will lead you to the winner tomorrow. If you see the Heat as a 2 point favorite or higher then they roll. If you see them as a 2 point dog I'd expect an Indy victory. Anything between is garbage.

Honestly I know the point of this thread, but IMO Vegas will lead you to the winner tomorrow. If you see the Heat as a 2 point favorite or higher then they roll. If you see them as a 2 point dog I'd expect an Indy victory. Anything between is garbage.

word

Please quit talking about double revenge with Miami. That is the most irrelevant thing i have ever heard of. EVER!

Thats like saying the Devil Rays have 14x revenge on the redsox..

<table class="listTable" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="lt_date"> Tue 25</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Cleveland</td><td class="lt_time"> L 82-96</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Wed 26</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Philadelphia</td><td class="lt_time"> L 85-96</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Fri 28</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Orlando</td><td class="lt_time"> L 114-121</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Sat 29</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Washington</td><td class="lt_time"> L 74-96</td></tr><tr class="listTableTitle"><td>January</td><td>Opponent</td><td>Result</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Wed 02</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Milwaukee</td><td class="lt_time"> L 98-103</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Fri 04</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Dallas</td><td class="lt_time"> L 89-94</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Sun 06</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Memphis</td><td class="lt_time"> L 94-101</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Tue 08</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Minnesota</td><td class="lt_time"> L 91-101</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Wed 09</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ Milwaukee</td><td class="lt_time"> L 92-98</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Fri 11</td><td class="lt_opponent"> @ New Orleans</td><td class="lt_time"> L 88-114</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Wed 16</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Chicago</td><td class="lt_time"> L 96-126</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Fri 18</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Portland</td><td class="lt_time"> L 91-98</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Sat 19</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs New York</td><td class="lt_time"> L 84-88</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Mon 21</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs Cleveland</td><td class="lt_time"> L 90-97</td></tr><tr><td class="lt_date"> Thu 24</td><td class="lt_opponent"> vs San Antonio</td><td class="lt_time"> L 89-90</td></tr></tbody></table>

Revenge is the last thing On their mind..

What about revenge on Chicago for the playoffs? How'd that work out

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=gNum>501</TD><TD class=gName>INDIANA</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_0_-1_-110_NBA name=game>-1-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_2_-201.5_-110_NBA name=game>o201½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_4_0_-120_NBA name=game>-120</TD></TR><TR><TD class=gNum>502</TD><TD class=gName>MIAMI</TD><TD class="gSpr lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_1_1_-110_NBA name=game>+1-110 </TD><TD class="gTot lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_3_201.5_-110_NBA name=game>u201½-110 </TD><TD class="gML lineChk"><INPUT class=chkbox type=checkbox value=687281_3_5_0_100_NBA name=game>EV</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

But man, its a revenge game.. Miami lost them to earlier this year..:36_11_6::10_16_2:

luol vs wright
sofa vs wade

or this one off the bench ...

gordon vs ricky davis

""""Revenge is the last thing On their mind.."""

LOL......they have revenge against half the league!

Seriously we have read for the past 10 days people begging for any reason to bet the heat.. I mean any kind of make believe reason they can come up with. It's Wade Birthday.. *yawn*, It's a must win homestand so they will win.. *yawn*, Its a double revenge game.

Why even mess with this game?

Back