Saturday, October 7th Plays and Analysis Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I always fear last week. It is traditionally one of those weeks where crazy shit happens. Much to my suprise it was one of the craziest in recent memory. Glad I took it easy for most part. I ended up just slightly on day(forgot to post Mary) and down a tad posted. Thats all good though. Took things slow this week. Been capping but getting shit finalized. This thread will be a bit different than others....I will list the plays and provide litle mini-write-ups over next 36 hours as I am basically free till then. Any questions/thoughts please post as always...

Miami(Fl) -6.5
Ball St -12.5
Vanderbilt + 7.5
Texas ML +395 0.50 units
Georgia +1.5 2 units
Oregon St -4 -110
Oregon St under 54 -110
Ohio St -7 2 units
Ucla -20.5 -110
Ucla under 48 -110
Tulsa -3 -110 2 units
Florida-Atlantic +17 -120
Cincinatti +4 -110
Cincinatti U52 -110
Iowa +9 -110
Oregon St -3 -110
Arizona St -8 -110

Important note. Played my first set of games a bit ago..and since then...when I playe batch 2...UGA-Tenny moved to PK:seeya:

Back throughout next few days...:cheers:

Last edited:
GL bro..looks solid to me. Interesting you like tOSU the best.

First of all, I shoulda had 6.5..missed it just barely. I watched replay of Purdue-ND. Notre Dame made incredible ctahes and cobverted 4th downs while Purdue stumbled to keep game close...

This reminds me of similar tOSU matchups on road against solid offensive ballclubs. I think they shut Purdue down for most part and control clock/ground and win going away. Purdue has a lot of skill but I'll take defense and a solid offense against a team like that anyday.

Didn't get best line on Vandy but expect an ugly fuckin game. I lean under here as well. Auburn got undervalued last week because of rough times. Either way their defense is very good. They are still shitty on offense depsite last week. I see a sluggish start and a game thast goes to the wire.

I agree bro...I am on Purdue and got a shitty number, but I don't like it much and may hedge out. I think OSU d is just too good, and the qb can make some mistakes becasue his d is that good.

I like that Texas ML. As for motivation, they should be able to get up for there rivalry game. Also, the home field advantage should play a factor. It's a small risk, for a big reward on that ML. Good luck.

I like that Texas ML. As for motivation, they should be able to get up for there rivalry game. Also, the home field advantage should play a factor. It's a small risk, for a big reward on that ML. Good luck.

thanks cog...

whats up with your man Baron..no contract extension...does he explode for a big year to make the money or sulk?

He is always so year to year...lol

also...here in Det camp the new comparisson of Rodney Stuckey is the UCLA days of Baron b4 he tore acl in 1998 Tourney

Nice looking card BAR. I also kind of like Oregon state to shut down the Arizona offense this week. Hopefully they do and you win both the side and total there. As for the Texas moneyline bet .... I will be at the game cheering my ass off for you ! Go horns !

Nice looking card BAR. I also kind of like Oregon state to shut down the Arizona offense this week. Hopefully they do and you win both the side and total there. As for the Texas moneyline bet .... I will be at the game cheering my ass off for you ! Go horns !

awesome Kyle..you'll be done at the Cotton Bowl?..sweet deal...

Oregon St gave up basically 19 points last week...we all know that was a wild 4th qtr...

Arizona looked good..against Cal..heh...

gonna be a low-scoring affair and I expect with no run game generated for Zona that OSU gets Willie to throw some picks..

OSU 24-13

Oregon St gave up basically 19 points last week...we all know that was a wild 4th qtr...

Arizona looked good..against Cal..heh...

gonna be a low-scoring affair and I expect with no run game generated for Zona that OSU gets Willie to throw some picks..

OSU 24-13

Agree with you here and I also expect a lot of sacks from the front line of the beavers .. might even generate a fumble. As long as Canfield does not wear a wildcat helmet for this game and give them free points, I see a productivity the likes that they had at BYU. GL this week BAR ! so pumped for this week !! go BAR !! go Horns ! ou sucks !

BAR, tell me about the Texas ML. Is McCoy's likely concussion to come of concern to you? Do you think there's some ***** in Oklahomo's armor that Colorado exploited and that Texas WILL exploit...?

Is Texas better?

cus I don't see value for less than 5:1...maybe that's extreme?

so please....splain it to me...

thanks cog...

whats up with your man Baron..no contract extension...does he explode for a big year to make the money or sulk?

He is always so year to year...lol

also...here in Det camp the new comparisson of Rodney Stuckey is the UCLA days of Baron b4 he tore acl in 1998 Tourney

Yeah GS management needs to sign Baron long term, but I think they want to see about his health. Only problem is they might piss him off and lose him. Can't wait for the season to start man, the core is still there B Davis, Monte, Thug Jackson, Harrington, Pietrus, Biedrens, and Barnes. The 3's should be raining. 'an_horse'

Yeah Stuckey should be good. But I like the draft pick of Arron Afflalo. His defense is gonna fit perfectly in that Piston style of defense.

GL this weekend BAR. :cheers:

No Cincy/Rutgers under?

You know I like it a lot. Opened 54 and all I have seen is 52.5...

Hoping it goes up slightly if not I will lock it in at 51.5 or higher(keeps 27-24 in the picture

That should be the final card....I edited the first post...

Pretty upset right now with UK's sloppy play...

Don't feel like talking foots right now until tomorrow when I get my mind staright again.

I'll get thoughts up though early tomorrow or in afternoon.

Could you explain why you like Iowa? Haven'ty put it in yet put I think I gotta go with Penn St. Iowa has look miserable in losses to Iowa st. and at home to Indy

Could you explain why you like Iowa? Haven'ty put it in yet put I think I gotta go with Penn St. Iowa has look miserable in losses to Iowa st. and at home to Indy

I'll giv you a quick analysis in a few chips...

Alright,

This is what we know about PSU/Iowa...they are both ugly-ass football teams. Iowa came into year with thoughts of making a big-ten run w/o Bucks and Blue on the schedule. Well, they just are not good enough for that. That being said, they have a very good defense. Yes, Indy played a very good game last week but they have speed and Kellen Lewis. Penn St does not. Penn St has a basic offense and a very good defense. I would rate PSU offense better by a slim margin..very slim. I think the wildcard is Albert Young. I think he can kinda pull a Mike Hart here and grind out a lot of carries and help Iowa get some points. Christenson is starting to improve but is still below average. Morelli is same way. He is basically a wounded duck right now and his football career is done. This is a lot of points in what should be an ugly game. Morelli is good for 2 turns and I think iowa can generate 13 points. No way PSU gets over 20. Yes..I would reccomend the under but its very low...I was on edge aboput it..maybe pick returns..

One reason why i have yet to pull the trigga on PSU is I do expect a low scoring game and those are good games to play a dog. I wont play iowa, but still undecieded on PSU. Thanks for your thoughts

Lovin' the plays, B.A.R. :cheers:

I'm on tOSU -6.5 and Tulsa -3 (I LOVE this line, was thinking more around 6ish) with you... but On the other side with Zona +4 (these are my only FBS plays this weekend, all for 3.5 units).

The Arizona line is intriguing, it scares me that dr. boob is on it, but maybe he has gotten his shit straight after 5 weeks. The weakness of both of these teams is obviously their pass defense. But luckily for Arizona, Canfield is not much of a QB, and Oregon St's Passing offense struggles against FBS opponents, as the OSU QB's have combined for something like 3 TD's and 15 INT's (Canfield: 3td's, 11 Int's). Tuitama has been great this year, his completion % is up almost 9% from last year to ~64% this year, and hes healthy. He has 12 td's 4 Int's vs FBS opponents, and is coming off a 5 td game vs Wash. St. (whooppty doo, lol) Yes, Oregon st can and will stop the run, but is that really gonna matter??? If Arizona comes out and throws 50 times this game, the Beavers will not be able to stop them with that putrid secondary, and they shouldn't be able to match score for score with them either if this turns into a shootout... They just dont have the passing attack, and stroughter is done for the year I think... The only thing that worries me is Zona going on the road and shittin the bed. Oregon St typically plays well in the first half, but they have issues when the come back from the locker room. If Zona is ahead/ within a TD at the half, I think they will flat out take over this game and roll the Beavers up.

What matchups do you like in this one to make you take the Beavers? This is a game i am considering laying more on the Cats with so thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and BOL :cheers:

Can we discuss OSU-7, I am no fan of B10 games, I tend to avoid them all together because I don't feel like I have a good grip on them but OSU -7 keeping looking at me. Road chalk has eaten me up so far this yr.

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">I have a migraine and no voice today after last night. gl with yer plays bar
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Can we discuss OSU-7, I am no fan of B10 games, I tend to avoid them all together because I don't feel like I have a good grip on them but OSU -7 keeping looking at me. Road chalk has eaten me up so far this yr.

tOSU is one of my 3 big plays this weekend, so fwiw...

Yes, the buckeyes have played a few cupcakes, but their defense hasn't taken anyone lightly. The defense is giving up less than 7 pts a game, and has held everyone to less than DD except to Washington late in the 4th while they were up 33-7. Their offense has gelled quite nicely as Boeckman has gotten better, and their balanced attack is controlling the clock and putting up points while their defense continues to get 3-&-outs like its their birthday. I would say Washington's offense is equally as dangerous, if not, and likely, more so than Purdue's who has faced 5 high School defenses so far this year. Purdues defense definitely is not anything special either, as they are giving up over 20 ppg and the best offense they have faced is TOLEDO. Ohio St should win this game by 20 if you ask me. This Purdue team is no different from 3 out of the last 4 squads that start out 5-0 or 4-1, crack the top 25, get to conference play and gets waxed the rest of the season and finish 7-5 or 6-6. this year will be no exception, and tOSU should handle business with ease this weekend. I think I have talked myself into adding more onto it, but BOL with whatever you play :cheers:

Good stuff Pokey...

alriht...really cut myself short on time today...should be back around 10-11 pm tonight and will finish this thread up...guaransheed.
BTW...FWIW....Utah +pts tonight

Yea, I am pretty much sold on OSU. I kept looking over the lines and this one just kept sticking out to me. Purdue sucks on defense and they can't defend the run 1 bit (see Minnesota). Painter is a good QB but like you said, they've played 5 high school teams. I think I am ready to get down on this game.

GL this week BAR! We seem to disagree on this weeks card for the most part, but hopefully we will both somehow find a way to turn in a winning week!

Well 0-3 start it looks like...routine...

this is feeling like Octobers from a few years ago...heh

Layed off Mary too...boo.

Just looking to recoup late and have a positive day.

Back