Saturday Night Bulls, anyone???

CollegeKingRex

CTG Regular
Sup fellas.

Another rare Nuba play for me.

Last Saturday cashed the Saturday Night Bulls against Nola.

Another situation presents itself tomorrow.

Try this trend:

(ps - I really want to know the true record. What I am guessing is close, if not exactly correct)...

On Saturday nights in home games since Michael Jordan retired, the Bulls are roughly 73-4 when they are catching points. This record is an even more impeccable 57-2 when the game is on WGN.

Don't believe me? Check it out.

I know it's something like that. Unbelieveable. This year, they've lost almost every time as the favorite (which is also typical on Saturday night) ... but as a dog, I think maybe 1-2 losses (which would also be a record since MJ retired)...

Take the Bulls +4 against the Lakers. Caish $$$$$$$$$

:cheers:

CHC is 2-7 SU (5-4 ATS, basically a 50% proposition) off 2 SU wins their previous 2 games this season, and hasn't won 4 straight games SU once. They enter this game off 3 SU wins.

They have also not covered 5 consecutive games ATS as a Dog this season, entering this game off 4 ATS wins as a Dog (they've been the Dog for 5 consecutive games 10 previous occasions this season).

The Lakers are 6-1 ATS their last 7 on the road vs teams with sub .500 records. As much as they've performed poorly ATS recently (from the span of games this stat comes from, they're 7-10 ATS vs all other opponents), that hasn't applied to the spot they face CHC in.

The Lakers are 5-1 ATS their last 6 meetings (2-1 in CHC - would those 2 wins really have resulted any differently if they'd simply been played on a Saturday instead of the day they were?).

To be fair Chicago is playing some consistent ball since Miller & Salmons joined, but from my pov LA's stock is too low currently (1-7 ATS last 8 as Fav), and Chicago's stock too high (7-1 ATS last 8) for me to like Chicago (just as Utah's stock was low entering Oklahoma tonight with that home team's 18-4 ATS home record last 22 games meaning their stock was high).

that is one weird trend. one i never noticed. i know we good at home vs west, suns, nola, stones and lebron is our daddy.

Just looking at the last 20 Saturday home games I see them losing to the Spurs, Cleveland, Houston and Boston as dogs and winning as dogs to Houston, Detroit and Utah. This goes back through 11-10-2007.
.The real issue is tomorrow. Lakers got 26 free throws against Minn. Since then 22 is tops. Three point shooting down for both teams. Its more a mental question than anything else. Houston would have taken them down if Artest had been sat down. I do not blame any one for trying the Bulls but they have not been coached very well. This is the game where at the end of the night you look down and see someone had 25 turnovers and lost a winnable game.

Tuck - I'm not saying they are a cinch to win; in some of those losses they have covered. They were also a dog last week against New Orleans in an ass-thrashing.

BC - Good trendy stuff, but where we disagree is the "stock too low, stock too high" deal. If the prices had been adjusted to proper performance (as I often do when updating my Nuba numbers), then this game should be closer to a 'PICK' or '1', rather than allowing me the ability to take 4 in a spot where I think the right price is 1 or 1.5 or even '2' (without your so-called overadjustments)....

GL to all who are following, and health to the rest....

Actually no covers
01/17/2009 Spurs give3.5 and win 92-87
11-/08/2008 Cleveland gave 2 won 106-97
12-22-2007 Houston gave 1.5 and won 116-98
12-08-2007 Boston 5.5 won 92-81
That does not mean they do not cover today. Salmons and Millar hate the Lakers. Lakers are playing bad. Still thinking but its not an evil play. Just do not see any days of the week magic here. GL

Last edited:
Will be on them and would add to my thread, but I accidentally posted in the NCAA section and it looks lost. :) GL

where we disagree is the "stock too low, stock too high" deal. If the prices had been adjusted to proper performance (as I often do when updating my Nuba numbers), then this game should be closer to a 'PICK' or '1', rather than allowing me the ability to take 4 in a spot where I think the right price is 1 or 1.5 or even '2' (without your so-called overadjustments)....

I havent had an internet connection until now, so I'm left only with an ability to reply after the result is in the books, but my reply is independent of the result anyay -

In my experience - for whatever reason, which I'm unsure - Chicago is a team that routinely gets lines not in keeping with their ability or recent performances, hence their ATS record overall the last few seasons has been decidedly ordinary (111-121-2 since 06-7, with just 4 streaks of 4 or more consecutive ATS wins). This says to me there's some reason the average Joe must like betting this team above and beyond any recent form for this situation to be maintained.
In keeping with that, it stands to reason that if people like betting this team ATS anyway, then when they're on a good roll of ATS form that impetus to bet them must be ramped up even further. So my personal take on Chicago is to avoid betting them when they have a run of good form on the board.

Back